Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Student engagement is paramount at HFE. Teachers & staff go out of their way to work together towards kids' success.

Just added amazing new facilities and great teachers. Loved our experience at Heards Ferry elementary.

My son has been going to this school for a year. The administration is professional and caring. He has learned so much on academic, social, and behavioral fronts. This school is a gem and only keeps getting better - with the promise of IB status and curricula coming soon.

English is not our first language, while after the teacher's patience and help from the classmates, my son is able to make big progress and enjoy the school life within several months. It is amazing!

We moved from an elementary school in the APS district to Heards Ferry and the difference is night and day. I couldn't ask for anything more in an elementary school.

In regards to the 11/5 post saying teacher should park at the high school, that's just not an option. Parking is serverly limited at the high school as is. They have more teachers, as well as more students who rely on their cars as their only way to get to school.

My son just finished his first grade year here. We came from a private school for Pre-K and K, and had high expectations. HFE exceeding these expectations! Smaller class size, attentive teachers and wonderful art, and music program. Parents are very involved and it feels very much like an independent school. We are looking forward to another great year.

Excellent teaching staff and therapists. I have a speical needs child and the services (educational and speech) have been top notch. My child loves school and is excelling despite his delays. Thank you HF.

My son switched to Heards Ferry in third grade last year and the experience has been great. The families are involved and his friends are good students and enjoy learning. He looks forward to reading every right and is exceeding standards in all areas.The culture supports him being a good student and me an involved parent. Only complaint is the $125.00 PTA fee. That is excessive and I didn't even get a car sticker to show my school support!

Heards Ferry classes are not over crowded, in fact, they are well below the county class maximum sizes, and if one does get on the larger side, a student teacher is immediately brought in. The building is old, and the voters of fulton county voted last summer to build a new school, which we will have in the next two-three years. I cannot say that every single teacher at HFE is perfect, though I have been incredibly pleased each year we have been here. I also know a lot about the area's private schools and have numerous friends with nightmarish teacher experiences (my own experience with one of my children at our past private school drove us to try HFE, and I am so, so happy we did! This is a small, neighborhood school where each child matters, each one counts. But the peer group that each of my children has found has been the best possible aspect of picking this school. Their friends are good, the families are great, lots of involved parents, tons of fun extracurriculars--I love how this environment is positively shaping my children -- wouldn't write it if it wasn't true!!!

Last modified Heards Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.