Posted November 06, 2013
We have a kindergartner at Mary Lin and are very happy with how our first few months have been. We were nervous about our 5 year old entering the big school system, worried that she'd be 'lost' or managed to the average. We were wrong. Her class has 19 kids, guided by a teacher and assistant teacher. We had our P-T conference last week and it was clear that our child was getting individual attention, with specific focus on areas where she struggles and those where she excels. Her teacher gave us direct examples of how she was addressing our child's unique traits. The parent body is very involved and there is ample opportunity to volunteer and observe. Parents have been very welcoming and the entire community is proud of the school. Most importantly, our daughter is happy. She comes home with lots of stories about what she did with her friends. Her teachers create an environment of mutual respect and accountability. Our daughter is also non-stop about continuing her education outside of the classroom (reading, math word games, discussing geography, etc). My only struggle is that the day is long. 8-2:30 is a long time for a 5 year old to stay focused. I see that as a temporary issue.

Lin Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2013
My son is finishing up his fourth and final year at Mary Lin. We transferred from a South Cobb charter school, and moved here specifically to be in the Lin attendance zone. It was a great decision.The teachers are great at meeting kids at their own level and challenging those who need additional challenges. Dr. Mitchell is far and away the best principal I've known (as a student, parent, or teacher). He supports his faculty, listens to parents (and these are very vocal and involved parents!), AND he gets the kids. There is great communication from the school administration, most of the teachers, and PTA. I wish I could do 4.5 stars instead of 4, but I just can't do five because this year I have really missed the high level of communication that my son's previous teachers at Lin.

Posted January 07, 2013
My son is in 1st grade and came here from a private school in Cobb county. My son's teacher Ms. Gutherie within 2 weeks contacted us to say that my son was only reading at a Kindergarten level. I was mad and sad. He was immediately put in after school tutoring with tons of his friends once a week. I saw dramatic improvements after just a few sessions. My son now reads at a normal 1st grade level. Ms. Gutherie in my opinion is the best teacher I have ever come across. She is brilliant, creative, professional and her students just love her. Coming from the subburbs this city school is soooo much more welcoming then what I am used to. Everyone that I have come in contact with has been extremely nice. The school IS dated and currently they have some portables, but the school will be expanded and renovated in the coming years. I wish that my elder son would have been able to attend Mary Lin. He would have been much better off then he is now. :(

Lin Elementary School 1

Posted December 23, 2012
Here's a review from a parent who does not belong to the "majority" group. As long as you are part of the strong parent community, I am pretty sure your experiences will be wonderful, but beware if you look different. These parents will not let you become part of their group - they will systematically hound you out. It is a horribly cliquish environment. I would go to the extent of saying that they will even keep your child away from the key school resources, including the Challenge program, the selection for which is a big farce. The school is as good as the teacher you get. We had a fantastic teacher the first year, but the next year it was a disaster where the teacher basically gave in to the demands of the dominating moms.

Posted December 01, 2012
I have a daughter in Kindergarten at Mary Lin and am very happy with her teacher, the administration and most of all the parent involvement. The community is strong and supportive. The building needs some updating which will hopefully be addressed when the renovation occurs but the most important aspects are excellent. We couldn't be happier!

Posted December 19, 2010
My children came here from a good school and they were behind because the education is strong here. However, the school is so supportive that they provided in school support so that my children were up to level by the end of the year. We had to leave town for a while and when they were enrolled in good schools out of state, they were far ahead of other students: the teacher talked about one of them skipping a grade! It is also a warm loving environment. We feel lucky to have found it!

Posted April 24, 2010
Mary Lin Elementary has too been a wonderful learning environment for my daughter since kindergarten. It is a very safe environment and there is a lot of participation for parents.The teachers are very friendly too! Mary Lin is a wonderful school!

Lin Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Mary Lin Elementary has been a wonderful learning environment for my daughter since kindergarten. They provide quality education while still maintaining some creativity in the process. It's a true neighborhood school. Over the years it has maintained it's own unique culture and identity. I hope that it continues to do so in the future.

Lin Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
-great parent involvement with a community feel. It is a public school, so anyone in the area can attend, not just those who can pay the tuition.

Lin Elementary School 0

Posted June 07, 2009
I love this school ,The teachers are wounderful .My child has been attending this school since kindergarten,Now she is heading to middle school. There test score are off the chart.

Lin Elementary School
586 Candler Park Dr NE, Atlanta, GA  30307
Last modified Lin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top