Gideons Elementary School 1

Posted November 06, 2011
What I was very taken aback as to how one teacher was yelling at a student and calling them names, I feel a teacher should never yell at a small child especially pre-k students, it is a new environment also have to adjust to learning how to adjust to their new setting,people. I asked her you really are a teacher?

Gideons Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2010
I see these reviews are pretty old. Let me update you since apparently a lot of things have fallen between the cracks. This has been the worst experience for my child. Teachers and principal will tell you they will take care of a problem. Don't hold your breath. Take care of it yourself! My son was constantly bullied and they did NOTHING!!!! No rules as far as traffic. Total confusion and chaos. Constantly coming in the wrong way. Glad this is over! Oh...one more thing - teachers yell at students. So wrong on so many levels. The only reason I gave it 1 star is because I can't give it 0.

Posted December 30, 2008
My daughter have been attending Gideons since she was in kindergarten and now that she's in the 5th grade it deeply saddens me because I'm afraid that I want be able to find another school that is as great as Gideons. She's in the gifted and talented program which only made her excell far and beyond my expectations. I am 30 years old and I also attended Gideons which has the same principal and some of the same teachers that I had which shows me that this school is one the best schools in Georgia because I received the same great education there that my daughter is receiving now.

Posted October 20, 2008

Posted May 07, 2008
My daughter and neice are receiving an education that many would be surpised to find at a public school. Mr. Salters is extremely approachable and open to parents' ideas. I wouldn't have either of them at any other school. The only problem I've encountered has to do with an APS lunch form that has flaws. (It is a district issue that has nothing to with Gideons) Awesome school!

Posted January 28, 2008

Posted June 28, 2005
This is my 1st child & because I love him dearly & want nothing but the best fort him, I put a ton of research into locating a Pre-K prgram that I would make me feel comfortable. After meeting with Mrs. West at the end of the school year, I told her that she would've been the teacher that we would've hated, but would always remember for demanding that we give her our best! I felt as though she brought something that many schools lack. She exhibited a sense of control, demanded the best from her staff as well as the students. Mr. Salters is also Great! He too takes away any excuses for a child not to learn. If a child doesn't learn then the problem is probably at home, NOT AT THE SCHOOL! I'm greatful for everyone at Gideaons!

Posted April 10, 2005
- a former student
Armstead Salters is the best principal ever.

Gideons Elementary School
897 Welch St SW, Atlanta, GA  30310
Last modified Gideons Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gideons Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top