Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,240

Posted June 22, 2014
My child just graduated from North Atlanta High School and was admitted (early decision) to one of the top public universities in this country. I think that says it all.

Posted May 31, 2014
We love the North Atlanta High School community -- wonderful students, parents, teachers, coaches and a beautiful new facility.

Posted May 14, 2014
My son is in the IB Program at NAHS. It is definitely challenging but I never hear him complain. Not only do his teachers know him well, but also most of the staff at NAHS . He has thrived in the busy environment and has time for after school activities. I look forward to having my younger child go there because NAHS continues to improve every year!

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is a hidden gem in the already strong Northern Cluster of schools. The principal weaknesses are the APS administration and the historic lack of breadth in parental involvement. Those two deficiencies are being addressed, thanks to a new school board and Superintendent, and a terrifically-engaged core group of parents who are changing the paradigm around parental involvement. I believe our child will be very well prepared for life after high school because of our decision to send her here. The teachers are fantastic as a whole. If your child wants and needs an engaging school experience, this is a very good option.

Posted May 14, 2014
I am a parent of two children who have been in the aps northern cluster of schools since they started kindergarten. We have been very pleased with each of the schools, North Atlanta in particular. The teachers are wondetful and my children are thriving. I feel they will be well prepared for college and beyond, especially in the ib program. The parents are all dedicated and spend numeroes hours helping at school. We, as a community, are fortunate to have North Atlanta in our cluster .

Posted May 14, 2014
I have 2 kids that are taking AP and IB Diploma Program courses. There is plenty of rigor to be found at North Atlanta. There is a niche for every type of learner and every type of personality. It's a large public school so come with a positive attitude and roll up your sleeves to help make it better and better. I'm an involved parent, so if a concern arises, I address it quickly and in a positive manner. I think that's the key to a satisfactory experience at any school. APS is making major changes downtown so that bodes well for our future. Another good sign is that my kids enjoy their school despite the ups and downs that APS has created for us. It's really all about the teachers---we have so many great ones. The kids will attest to that. I do think we need more administrative support though. Our big campus could use more staff!

North Atlanta High School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
North Atlanta is a school that is disorganized and segregated. If your child is not in honors classes or above, it's like the teachers do not care. They let the classes run with little prep, structure, or direction. I have one son who is in 9th grade and another who will be going to 9th grade and I'm desperately looking for another school. The school might be beautiful, but it is a clear example of why one should not judge a book by it's cover.

North Atlanta High School 1

Posted November 26, 2013
I had a bad experience at North Atlanta High School. My son attended the school for three years and Im not judging the school based off of him but based on the way the faculty handled problems, professionalism,lack of regard for parents, no control of students, etc..I feel the school needs more qualified office staff, more friendly officials, more order in the school. I liked the school when it was at the old location better. The new school is like an office couple, doesn't even seem like a school. The staff, the teachers seem to have no etiquette or friendliness at all to parents. I really am clueless to what a mess this school is in and what a waste of tax money.. I took my child from the school and will gladly pay $30k a year for a quality and caring educational environment at a private school.....Sorry I wasted my time and my child's time...Decisions about schools affect your childs entire life...........

North Atlanta High School 5

Posted December 23, 2012
I love the fact that north atlanta high school gives children the option ti do what they want as long as they do there class work.

North Atlanta High School 5

Posted October 27, 2012
I have a sophomore, senior (and a graduate who is doing very well in college) at North Atlanta High School. The IB program is fabulous and prepares the students well for college. Five years ago I did not feel comfortable sending my children to this school, but now I feel totally comfortable and it is due to the hard work and dedication of Mark Mygrant and the other team members that were ousted by Errol Davis and his cronies on the APS school board. Yes, we are excited about Dr Taylor coming and I am certain that he will make some positive well needed changes, but the way the transistion was handled was UNPROFESSIONAL and unjustifiable. The facts and figures Errol threw around have proven to be untrue,. His actions were politically motivated and he needs to GO. We must not let his contract be extended.

North Atlanta High School
4111 Northside Pkwy. NW, Atlanta, GA  30327
Last modified North Atlanta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Atlanta High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top