Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter started CTK School in 7th grade. I must say they are a fabulous school!! We are very impressed with their academics. The school has been very welcoming to my daughter and family. We transferred over from another private catholic school in Atlanta. If we could do it over, we would have chosen CTK School from K -8

Posted January 23, 2014
My children started attending CKS mid in their school career. I wanted a school that was Catholic faith based as well as a school with higher than normal educational standards. CKS has completely over shot my expectations which were high to begin with. We live a little further away from the school than most of the families and have a different home life situation but my children were completely accepted by the other children and I know they are in a safe and loving community. The higher standards of education have really pushed my children to excel and I cannot rave enough about the loving Christian environment of the school.

Posted January 21, 2014
Christ the King is a well-rounded institution and among the best bargains in town for private education. The curriculum is challenging, the environment is nurturing, and the community is supportive and loving. As a Catholic school, an appropriate emphasis is placed on faith - and this is backed by faculty, administration and parents alike. My children are receiving excellent educations and have also made wonderful friendships.

Posted January 21, 2014
Christ the King has been a fabulous school for my daughter. The academic quality (Blue RIbbon School) combined with the faith based education makes CKS a great place for a child to learn and grow. My daughter has only had fantastic teachers in the 5 years she's been there and the principal has such passion for the children and the school. Uniquely though, Christ the King has a strong sense of community btw the students, parents and faculty. I would highly recommend the school for anyone considering.

Christ the King School 4

Posted January 21, 2014
I think CKS is a wonderful school. I have 2 children that attend and I have found the community to be beyond exceptional. I think the Catholic beliefs are inherent from the top leaders to the teachers and are instilled not only in the environment every day, but also in our children. I have been impressed by the teachers and the influence they have had on my children academically and socially. They seem to have a deep understanding of my children's strengths/weaknesses and clearly demonstrate their dedication to learning and teaching every day. I would highly recommend it to anyone I know. We've loved our experience here and I think the core values that are executed every day are setting a solid foundation for my children in the future.

Posted January 21, 2014
I have 4 children at Christ the King school and I could't be happier. It meets all my families needs. A great academic environment is important to me as my husband and I are both from an Ivy League background. We have found that the children are more than prepared academically for the next step - Middle School and High School. An appropriate emphasis is placed on spirituality and service. CKS provides an incredibly nurturing, caring, supportive environment. The teachers are second to none. There is a great focus on building on my children's weaknesses and boosting their strengths while working cohesively with others. The community is very strong and we feel that is very important. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted January 21, 2014
School's greatest strength is exceptional community spirit. Outstanding academics as well as religious education and service. Excellent relationship between school and church. Strong parent volunteerism. Very fortunate to be a part of CKS!

Posted January 16, 2014
We have been at Christ the King for 6 years and have been completely happy with the quality of teachers and the administration. My children have thrived (academically and spiritually) at this school. No complaints at all!

Christ the King School 2

Posted November 13, 2013
A mediocre school from top to bottom. Obviously, given the zip code, you have mostly kids from upper level socio-economic backgrounds. There is next to no diversity (which, disturbingly, seems to be a desired situation for this nearly all-white institution). The level of religious interruptions, without question, lower test scores and academic achievement without promoting authentic spirituality. This school makes you choose between academic excellence and a relentless, religious ( and curiously passionless) overkill. The administration's supine and completely submissive approach to parents mean you are are only a tantrum or two away from achieving whatever grade you think your child deserves. Don't worry: the Administration will never back up the teacher or the institution in the face of unreasonable demands.

Christ the King School 2

Posted July 13, 2013
Not for everyone. CTK provides a structured, safe, and Catholic environment. The level of involvement among parents is a high point, as others have indicated here. It is of course not diverse, though how or why that should be the basis of disappointment beggars belief (is it possible to enroll your child there without knowing this?). The quality of teaching - most notably in the troubled middle school - is average to poor. With perhaps two exceptions, our experience (multiple kids over 10+ years) found uninspired, knuckleheaded, and often downright mean-spirited educators (though the label "educators" may be misplaced here, lol). Not the place to nurture a kid's academic interest or intellectual curiosity. CTK is best at fostering an environment of unquestioned adherance to rules-the more mundane and churlish the better. I'm a veteran of Catholic education- administered by full fledged, habit-wearing, ruler-wielding nuns. They'd a certain zeal for order too - but unlike CTKs staff - they matched it with a passion for teaching. Bottom line: a bad place for gifted kids; same/marginally worse academically than a public school, differentiated with the addition of religous instruction.

Christ the King School