Atlanta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,047

Posted September 28, 2013
I have the greatest word to say about Pace. My 2 daughters( now 11th grade and 9th grade) have been here at Pace since pre-first and they love it. Fantastic experience over all. Everyone here makes feel like you are part if this great Pace's family . It really feels good when you know your kids are in good hand. Our family love Pace Academy. And we all love our head master Fred Asaf. Sam Abdullah

Pace Academy 1

Posted October 08, 2012
It makes me sad that I am only giving Pace a one star rating. My son went three years, and my daughter went seven. Academically it was solid ...with a few inadequate instructors, along the way, to whom Pace should have bid farewell . We much enjoyed the athletic program. Both my kids participated a lot. We also liked the Pace community. The DISQUALIFIERS were my kids 'under the surface' experiences. My daughter started Pace in the 6th grade. She was universally acknowleged as being a beautiful, confident, sweet-spirited, intelligent, mature, and compassionate girl. The 'popular girls', though, considered her a threat, and she was never accepted by the 'in-crowd'. There was a prevailing culture of 'conformity'. Her free spirit was suffocated. My daughter says if given the choice to do it over, she'd go elsewhere. This, coming from a girl who was head cheerleader, a student leader and centrally involved in all school activities. My son, as confident and gifted as his sister, didn't mesh with the administration's 'political correctness' orientation. They tried to label him a 'bad boy'. He fled to McCallie, and has matured into a paragon of leadership and virtue.

Posted September 08, 2012
Our daughter blossomed at Pace where she received superior guidance from excellent teachers as well as staff. Having had another child graduate from another top school in Atlanta I appreciate what a school the size of Pace can offer to students; individual help, a better opportunity to be on a team sport,be involved in exceptional drama, debate and art programs. She now lives in New York City and works for a major foundation. We treasure our Pace years!

Posted March 29, 2012
Pace has been the perfect fit for my child. He has amazing teachers that know their subject material, are always available to answer questions, and encourage him to always go the extra mile. He, although a 9th grader, has been able to excel in math, where he is currently taking a junior-level honors math class. The school has also facilitated growth in his love of technology, allowing him to run a webcasting program at Pace. I can't think of a better place to send my child, and the community is great. Bottom line, this is an excellent school to grow in and develop.

Pace Academy 2

Posted January 30, 2012
I attended this school only for my freshman year of high school. I felt like the education and the atmosphere were trying to box me in, to make me fit the stereotype of the ideal person in their point of view. My older brother, who attended all four years of his high school career there, found that he was either bored or severely struggling in his math classes during his senior year. In the social scene, most of the girls were exactly the same in looks and personality. Eating disorders were common, and girls who weren't underweight were ridiculed for their fatness. I could not learn in an atmosphere that did not promote the growth of the kids as students, individuals, artists, or athletes. When I decided to apply to a different high school that better fit my needs, the theatre department kicked me out of their spring play (which I had already been cast in), so that they could keep the artistic talent within their own school instead of helping me grow as an actress while I still went there. Overall, my experience with Pace Academy helped me to realize that I needed a school with a better sense of community. The school lacks focus on what really should be important: the student.

Posted October 29, 2011
PART 4: There is not a single teacher who wouldn't stand up for a child if they were bullied. If a teacher notices that you seem upset, then they will express their concern. Last year I was very stressed and was struggling academically due to my 5 honors courses and all my teachers noticed that I always seemed stressed and contacted my dean. Two of my teachers held me after class to talk to me not about academics but because they were worried about me and wanted to know how they could help. A few of my teachers recommended that I get tested for learning problems since I was struggling and when I got tested over the summer, it turned out that I had ADHD and some other serious learning problems. Pace has been so accomadating with the situation and with the help of the learning specialist, my grades are great. This is why I do not understand the review about Pace teachers only teaching one way. When I have needed help, some of my teachers have stayed for over an hour after school to teach the material to me in a different way. So please do not believe their harsh untrue reviews and go tour Pace!

Pace Academy 1

Posted September 29, 2011
Former student. I was bullied incessantly by the students AND teachers at Pace. One TEACHER even humiliated me in class publicly in middle school, and I was teased and ridiculed about that incident from every student who saw or heard of it (and that was of course everybody) until the day I left several years later. I had not a single friend there, and certainly no advocates amongst the Pace teachers and staff either. As a result of what was foisted upon me, I went from being an honor student to nearly failing out. Not a single teacher stuck up for me or cared enough to involve themselves into the agony I daily endured - at one of their own's hands, no less! I've spent the better part of my life in THERAPY because of my Pace experience. Do your children a favor and RUN, don't walk, from this awful, hideous, absolute horror of a "school".

Pace Academy 0

Posted May 13, 2010
Review continued: My son has able to participate in sports, theatre, orchestra, Latin club, Model UN programs and much more. Teachers have reached out to him and me to ensure he received the help that he needed. PA is a wonderful school and environment, worth every penny!

Posted May 12, 2010
My child has been at Pace since Pre-1st and it has been a wonderful fit for him. The small school atmosphere lends itself to personalized learning and social situations. If there is something that interests you, Pace has it or they will start a new program. Sports are inclusive for everyone and the arts programs are the finest in Atlanta. Learning Specialists are available in Lower, Middle and Upper schools to help your child with any kind of academic situation. I couldn't ask for a more nuturing enviornment for my child.

Posted May 11, 2010
Our children have been at Pace Academy for eleven years now and have been lead and supported by a wonderful faculty, staff, and administration who all know and care for each student as an individual. Pace is small so success requires that every employee, parent, and child connected to the school contribute their time and talents. This has created a real family atmosphere. Parents are encouraged to volunteer - we run fundraisers, parenting classes, booster club, and a strong Parent Club. Every child has multiple opportunities to succeed in many areas at the same time: academics, theater, visual arts, service, sports, debate, model UN, and more. We are sincerely grateful to be a part of this wonderful school.

Pace Academy