Posted May 26, 2013
I think this school is one of best, even among some private schools in the entire state, I don't want to invent anything, just take a look on the academic results.this is my 6th year around the school, I've been involved and really know how things work around here and believe me this is the best school. the one thing I would like to see, is more parent involvement. Great teachers, great leaders, and wonderfull sttaf. thanks to every one who's been part of our kids education. The Juarez family

Dekalb Path Academy Charter School 4

Posted January 30, 2013
2Nd review half way into the 2012-2013 school year. I am amazed of what a great school Dekalb Path Academy turned up to be! A few things I like are: 1-This is a very small school with just over 300 students between 5th to 8th grade, there for the teachers pay individual attention to each one of them. 2-They split the children into different levels of knowledge, if the child needs help in certain areas, he is group with children with the same needs and if the child don t need any special attention you can be sure he will be grouped w/children in the same level, so he/she is not hold back. 3- The school is very strict about homework - No child can miss a day s of homework, b/c if they do, they get working lunch. 4- There s no option, parents must be involve w/day to day activities and homework. 5-In order to monitor the parent s involvement and that the child has completed the homework at home, a paycheck must be sign every night, failure to do so, they will deduct points from the paycheck... and much more. In conclusion, yes the school has very strict rules and it s very demanding, but this is what makes a great public school.I'll post a new review by the end of the school year

Dekalb Path Academy Charter School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
We are Grandparents who raise two middle school Granddaughters beginning when they were in the 5th and 6th grades. The tragedy caused a difficult transition for the girls, but Mr.and Mrs. Cox and all the staff there at Path were so kind, encouraging and nurtured both girls as if they were part of their school family. The girls grades improved from low grades to now B or better and their confidence rose to have hope for a better future and an education that will bring them success on their career path in life, Part of the reason is because of excellent teachers and encouraging staff and the over all atmosphere of the school. We are so thankful and that season of the girls life will be etched on the table of our hearts and their hearts always as a special memory. Thank you Path Academy teachers and staff and students for making your school the very best!! Grandmother Emily

Posted June 05, 2009
Well..what can I say? This is a great school. Many of the kids here go to private high schools that students from other schools don't even dream of going. The education here is also very good. The kids are set into classes with kids of their same learning pace, so that no student gets left behind. Parents, don't believe what other people say, come see for yourself that PATH really is a great school. If you really want your kids to perservere in life, then enroll them in PATH. Perserverance, Acomplishment, Triumph, Honor.

Posted May 06, 2009
I love this school. The teachers work hard, the students are kind, the staff and administration want what is best for the kids. We expect a lot from our students behaviorally and academically, but it really pays off. Our students are well prepared for high school when they leave us.

Posted April 22, 2009
This school is the best school there is! People who think this school is a joke are wrong because they are not the ones going there. PATH provides us students with the excellent education there possibly is. Our school is so diverse.Unlike many public middle schools, students here at PATH can be themselves without feeling discriminated because of who they are. PATH has a top-notch education. PATH opens up a students mind about the world and themselves. The teachers are not teachers but family. They become a huge influence on our life.There are limited activities since it is a small school but students can become a part of PATH instantly. I am an 8th grader here at PATH for 2008-2009 school year and because of PATH, I have gotten into one of the best private schools in GA with a full scholarship! I am going to miss this school so much!

Posted April 12, 2009
is excellent school i think that is good for kids and educational

Posted October 11, 2008
The teachers here are caring and exelent as a student I agree that sometimes the work gets a little to over board but high scholl will seem like a pice of cake with extra frosting. We have one ofthe most lovable principals at our school they are stict but fair judt how it should be.

Posted August 29, 2008

Posted June 29, 2008
I think you all are wrong i go to this school and I think it is great. Ive learned a lot since I've been here.

Dekalb Path Academy Charter School
3007 Hermance Dr NE, Atlanta, GA  30319
Last modified Dekalb Path Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dekalb Path Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top