Atlanta, GA

Posted July 19, 2014
I would not let my children attend this school. It's not the students. It's the administration. Especially the principal. Teachers do not get any support. The reason why students were not getting homework was because the principal was not giving us any copy paper. This current school year was the first year where they gave us enough copy paper. Many of our textbooks are useless so we have to make copies so kids can get quality homework. Administrators do nothing about behavior problems; disruptive kids get sent back to the classroom without consequence. Teachers are discouraged and many love the students, but want to leave. There are days when we have no planning time to lunch breaks. The kids will eat lunch in the classroom, not go to specials and the teachers have to make a decision whether or not to leave kids in the classroom by themselves or go to the restroom.

Posted September 23, 2013
this school is horrible, they have young teachers that does not have enough experience in teaching. the feamle teachers wear shirt shirts and too much cleavage. the school itself is not eye catching mesning its not painted like a school. it looks more like a jail. the teachers alway s calls about negative stuff my son does but nothing positive. not enough parent envolvment. no field trips. and school smells bad and no control over students. i regret sending my child to this school.

Slater Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2013
I had to request homework for my first grader after seeing the inconsistency in homework or projects. This didn't last long. After receiving a homework packet three times, homework stopped again. Information was relayed at the last minute if at all. The holiday and special programs were shabby. The teacher only called to report the seldom negative information about my child. We chose to return for 1st grade becaue Kindergarten was a great experience. The teacher was very caring and had control of her class. Information was relayed through the APS automated system, I received a calendar at the beginning of each month with the todo's & food menu. The holiday and special programs had thought and effort. I communicated my issues very cordially and the only person whom reached out wasn't neither the teacher or an administrator in charge. I had to pull my child from the school for 2nd grade 2013/2014.

Slater Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2013
I was impressed by the focus on the childrens learning and their overall education. I look forward to partnering with the school on future projects.

Posted December 08, 2010
I'm so unimpressed with the performance of this school. My daughter's experience has been horrible. Some of the teachers don't have any control over their classrooms. My daughter has trouble focusing because the kids in her class are so unruly. Projects and activites are sent home at the last minute. I am working towards finding another school. I was told that this school was great when I moved to the area. I now regret this decision.

Slater Elementary School 0

Posted July 08, 2009
Slater is a public school on the rise. Over the past 10 years, I have seen this school become better and better. The school's principal is very cognizant of the social/family challenges her students have and she has recruited a stellar faculty to work with these children. I expect this school to be one of Atlanta's best if they continue with the path they are currently on.

Slater Elementary School 4

Posted April 12, 2006

Slater Elementary School
1320 Pryor Rd SW, Atlanta, GA  30315
Last modified Slater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Slater Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top