Academy of Richmond County High School 4

Posted March 03, 2014
Richmond Academy (ARC) is currently the fifth oldest public school in the nation. The historical nature of ARC gives students something to be proud of and to appreciate. I am currently a senior at Richmond Academy and I believe that the cultural makeup of my school is great because there are people from all types of backgrounds. Rarely, does a school as culturally diverse as ARC be as racially intertwined as it is and I credit this to the adaptation of our school's motto "Sawubona". Sawubona helped further the family aspect of Richmond which I value the most about my school. I think people should know that ARC has a great mixture of academics and athletics. I appreciate Richmond for this great mixture because it encourages students to be well-rounded. We know how to balance our studies with having fun. Our school also focuses heavily on community service which goes hand-in-hand with our mission statement to become a productive citizen. Overall, Richmond Academy has left a lasting impression on me and I am happy that I had my high school experience here. I will always be a proud Musketeer! #Classof2014

Posted February 28, 2014
The co-taught classroom is willing to adopt things that help ALL the students.In 7 years of teaching this seems to be the best staff that I have ever worked with.

Academy of Richmond County High School 3

Posted February 27, 2014
ARC has a rich history, is the alma mater of some prestigious individuals, has many intelligent, compassionate teachers and staff members, and is also home to the CSRA's only IB program.

Academy of Richmond County High School 4

Posted February 26, 2014
I started teaching at ARC in 1998 and don't want to teach at any other school. The diversity of our students is one of our great strengths. We have students who have lived here for many generations and students in military families; students who have lived in many different places. We have a variety income levels represented here. The IB program is challenging and our fine arts department is second to none. There are so many areas of interest for students to explore. I love the way our students interact with other and make newcomers feel welcome. The faculty is caring and definitely well-qualified to help prepare students for their futures. If you are looking for a challenging academic environment, athletics, JROTC, fine arts and/or career preparation, ARC is the place to be. I am proud to be a teacher here, but I've also been the parent of ARC students; my son and daughter are both graduates of the Academy.

Academy of Richmond County High School 1

Posted November 29, 2013
Just a bad learning experience from a student .Classes are never under control and teachers do a very poor job if they will.

Posted July 01, 2013
My son just finished his freshmen year at ARC and he absolutely loved it. He came home everyday with a huge smile on his face. He is in the AJROTC program and he loves it. The school is older but it is just amazing. The staff knows what they are doing.

Posted October 29, 2012
For one the last comment made on here was racist. I have two teens that go to this school and we are not African American . For two my husband and I are both highly educated. We are both collage graduates with degrees. Neither one my children are IB students. Both my 10th grade and my 9th grade are getting exceptional grades. I have never had teachers call me after hours to discuses my child's IEP. I have had teachers as well as JROTC instructors help my children before and after school. The teachers and the staff care about the students. Yes the school is old, how ever if you took the time to look at the history in the area it was built in 1926 and before that the original Academy of Richmond County was established in 1783. It is fifth oldest existing public high school in the United States and the oldest existing public high school in the South. There for where someone may see dirt I see beauty and history.

Academy of Richmond County High School 1

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted April 10, 2010
I went to ARC in the years of 2004-08. I must say that I had trouble when I first got there, but as time went by everything grew on me such as the environment and the curriculum. They have some of the most excellent teachers that you may ever run across in the education department. I miss it so much! It was a great deal for me to attend ARC. If I could go back I would.

Academy of Richmond County High School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
my son wasnt even intrested in school until they offered guitar classes now you cant keep him out of schhol unless there is a death or illness in the family..

Academy of Richmond County High School
910 Russell St, Augusta, GA  30904
Last modified Academy of Richmond County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy of Richmond County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top