Sue Reynolds Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 788 students

Posted May 1, 2011

My son and I LOVE this school. We are military and are moving soon that makes us very sad. Best school we have ever been to. The Principal, Teacher and staff are amazing, warm and kind. They truely do what ever it takes to help your child reach thier goals and potential. Class rooms are small, they have PE and recess everyday and parties and field trips. They identified a learning disablity with my son and worked with me, and in a timely manner to get the extra help and attention he needed. He has improvered tremendously and brings home only A's and B's every report card and no longer complains about going to school. Thank you from the bottom of my heart SRE!!!

Posted January 11, 2011

I have nothing but excellent memories of working with this school. The principal and Nancy majors were wonderful. My previous experience of schools in Georgia was Bequi Coar's let me slam my opinion down your throat. this school works with parents and I never saw so many parents and students engaged. My child is now in high school and on the Honor Roll and I know it is because of the greqat foundation built here!!!! And Nancy Majors-every Christmas I think of you with that ornament you made for my son!!! Thanks.

Posted October 29, 2010

As a military family, we have our own set of challenges. My daughter received all the help and support she needed especially given the fact that she had an IEP.

Posted February 11, 2010

My son is currently in the ABA program. I absolutely love this school. All the teachers are focused and determined to accomplish the goals we all have setforth for my Autistic child. He has improved since he's been attending this school and I am so grateful. Thus far I have no complaints. My son will be attending this school until the 5th grade. My Fiancee' and I are considered enrolling his son in this school as well.

Posted January 22, 2010

I went to Sue Reynolds for 5 years and I loved it most of the time. The teachers are encouraging and try their best to keep the peace. It wasn't the greatest school I could have gone to, but I will say it's my favorite school of all!!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 24, 2007

My daughter has attended Sue Reynold's for almost 2 years. In the time, I have had an opportunity to sit in on classes and attend PTA meetings. The school faculty and administrators are focused on helping your child do their best. And they strongly encourage parental involvement.

Posted March 3, 2006

I have 2 children at this school and have dealt with 5 very different teachers. Three of them were 'Excellent', one was 'Very Good', and one had an 'I don't care/mean' attitude but was 'Ok' as a teacher. The physical environment of the school is very neat, clean, and well kept. The school overall has to rated as 'well above average to excellent' as compared to all elementary schools in the CSRA. I'm sure they have a few 'bad apple' teachers like all schools do. The difference is that it has lots of working parents that step up to the plate to help correct these issues instead of just placing blame. Kids respond well to involved parents !

Posted January 19, 2006

I do not have anything good to say about this school.My son is on his 2nd year here and in kindergarden he had a very unhappy teacher who never smiled.When you spoke to her you could tell she didn't care about her job.My son was very unhappy.The principal was no help telling us that his teacher was over worked because she had so many kids.The only good thing is the new principal.She seems like she does like and care about the kids.My sons 1st grade teacher has him scared of her because shes always yelling at them.Now he hates school and thats not like him.He begs us to let him go to a nice school where adults like kids.Also the office administration are lazy and don't want to be bothered.I feel like I let my son down so please talk to other parents before sending them there.I wish I had.

Posted August 5, 2005

My daughter has been at this school for 3 years now. We love the principal (2002-2005), the teachers and the environment. I would say Sue Reynolds is the best elementary school in the county.

Posted April 20, 2005

This is my children's first year at Sue Reynolds. I have a kindergartner, 2nd grader and 4th grader. My children learned so much here. Just my son was kind of unlucky and got a mean teacher. Other than that, the children love the school and advanced so much.

Posted August 28, 2003

This is my sons first year at Sue Reynolds and it has been great! All the staff are great and the school is beautiful. They work very hard to teach your children and that is what it is all about. I have meet the assistant principal and he is great always with a smile on his face and a have a great day. I could not have found a better school for my son to attend. Thank you!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

124 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

124 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

123 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

127 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

• Melissa Shepard
Fax number
  • (706) 855-2545

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now