Austell, GA

Posted August 22, 2011
GSLC IS AWESOME! God is all over the place. The teachers and front desk staff are in ministry at GSLC...... it's not just a JOB! When your children beg to go and don't want to come home you know your in the RIGHT place. I have 4 grandchildren from toddler to third grade. The front desk is AWESOME they know all the children by name, and all the parents by first name. I was going through a rough period financially and Mrs. Sigman was AWESOME!!!!! THANK YOU GSLC YOU ARE A BLESSING!

Posted August 22, 2011
GSLC is a great school! I have a 2 1/2-yr-old and a 1-yr-old that have attended since they were 6-wks-old. I could not be happier. Both my children raise their hands and sing praises to God. My 2 1/2 yr-old can count to twenty in english and spanish, and he can recognize his ABC's, and his numbers to 10. My 1-yr-old lifts her hands and sings Hallelujah to the Lord. My son prays blessings over everything. It warms my heart to know my children are learning about the love of God. God Bless GSLC. I would recommend GSLC 100%.

Posted August 19, 2011
GLSC is AWESOME! I love this school. I have a Kindergarten and Second Grader at Good Shepherd. Ms. Fields is amazing, as are all the Teachers. The Administrative Staff is a wonderful group of Christian ladies. I am shocked at reading some of the recent reviews. I have been at GSLC for over 3 years and NEVER have I heard or seen anything like has been reported. Sadly.... the Administrative Staff have the horrible responsiblility of collecting PAST DUE accounts. Which makes their job difficult. RUDE NEVER.... Money hungry.... NO... it's a non-profit why would anyone be money hungry? I would HIGHLY recommend GSLC. You and your children will be BLESSED!

Posted August 19, 2011
GSLC is an awesome school and has changed my child's life forever. My son was behind but has learned so much in Ms Vicki's class that we decided to stay for Kindergarten. He is now far above my nieces and nephew at the same age. He gets up every morning and can not wait to get to school. I lost my job last year and had a hard time with my bill for 6 months. They even helped me with groceries a few times in thier food program. The staff prayed daily for me and was such an encougement, unitl I was able to get back on my feet. GSLC has awesome Holy Spirit filled Teachers and Staff that make it such a pleasure to be there. I praise God that GLSC exists.

Good Shepherd Learning Center 1

Posted August 12, 2011
The preschool/daycare is very lacking. Here is what I've experienced with my child at this "Christian" school. 1. Unsafe broken down playground. 2. Overheard inappropriate language for a school environment from the administrative staff. 3. Inadequate quality and amount of food for children. 4. Sick kids seem to be allowed to school that day, they are never sent home early. 5. Teachers in the rooms seem to try their best but support/leadership from administration seems to be lacking. 5a. Sometimes you get a sense of fear/frustration from the teachers. 6. Air conditioners broken in rooms throughout the entire summer. 7. Child to teacher ratios not followed, kids seem to be constantly shuffled around.

Good Shepherd Learning Center 3

Posted July 29, 2011
Great Private Pre-K thru Kindergarten. Wouldn't go past kindergarten though. Administration....can be rude sometimes which can be a deterrant. As one reviewer stated, they do in fact know all of the kids' names which is impressive; however, as it has not been stressed enough WATCH YOUR BALANCE. It will be one thing when you drop them off and sometimes doubles or triples when you pick them up. When you ask all you get is "Ummmmmm...?" Took the person 2 full days to figure out why my balance doubled over the course of a weekend (when they were obviously at home). My girls liked it and that's all that matters but my 3-year-old will be going elsewhere for Private Pre-K in the fall.

Good Shepherd Learning Center 4

Posted July 25, 2011
Great elementary teaching staff however WATCH YOUR BALANCE. When I dropped my kids off my balance was $145 (which was the weekly tuition); when I picked her up it was $312 and no one could explain the difference then had the nerve to say she couldn't come back until it was paid in full. My kids have been attending for 3 years and my balance changed from time to time but never like this...and such horrible treatment for a loyal family.

Good Shepherd Learning Center 1

Posted July 08, 2011
This is a terrible school. My children were enrolled for almost a year and my 18 month old had his elbow dislocated. The school said he was fine, didn't call me, and by the time I picked him up (7 hours after the incident) his elbow was so swollen that the ER docs couldn't get it back in place. My 30 pound 3 year old was intimidated by a 300 pound 6 ft tall man when his teacher couldn't manage his behavior. I watched as a teacher threatened a group of 18 month olds that if they didn't eat all their lunch (which was a VERY small amount of food) she wouldn't give them their drinks. Every time I picked up my children there were kids screaming and crying, with no one trying to comfort them. The administration is also terrible! The school called me at noon to tell me that they would be closing at 1 due to snow, when I said I would be there as soon as possible I was told that if I didn't pick up my child by 1 they would call the police. This is NOT a Christian place, but they do hide behind saying they are a Christian place. Do NOT send your child to this school, or if you do, be sure to drop in unannounced during lunch and other times.

Good Shepherd Learning Center 3

Posted March 10, 2011
Some of the teachers are great but the school is money hungry. They add things onto your bill without your consent. You sign in and wonder why there is an extra $35 or$10 added onto your bill and then they tell you why. There is also a young lady that constantly harasses you no matter what the circumstances are even death in a family there is no leniency on days Pre-K student misses. The attitude of the administrative portions horrible. They act as if you do not contribute to their doors being open. I will never take my children back to that school. You pay for books and never see them for all I know the teachers can print papers out and send them home. Even if your child is returning student you have to pay $250.00 almost every time they enter a new grade and that does not include the first week or month tuition.

Posted June 24, 2010
Every staff member there knows every child's name, and truly CARES about each and every child. They have an advanced curriculum, with Spanish and cursive writing taught in 1st grade! The sense of community and love for the Lord is immediately apparent. I've had my children here for going on 4 years, and I look forward to years to come.

Good Shepherd Learning Center
888 East-West Connector, Austell, GA  30106
Last modified Good Shepherd Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Good Shepherd Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top