Carrollton Elementary School

Public | PK-3 | 1622 students

Posted March 10, 2014

We have two children at CES. We are moving to a better school district at the end of the school year. There are great teachers and not so great teachers. I think that is the case everywhere. I teach my children that in life we will have to deal with many different personalities and as long as a teacher isn't singling them out or bullying them they must adapt. It has been my experience that there is very little parental involvement and this puts a burden on the school academically speaking. I don't feel that my children will be prepared for college if we stay in this school district.

Posted December 6, 2013

My son is in the second grade and was so proud that he taught himself how to write in cursive. Well he wrote his name in cursive on a drawing he did and put it in his homework folder to show his teacher the next morning. When she got his homework folder she looked at him and said "I know you can draw" and threw the paper in the trash right in front of him. BROKE HIS HEART!! What does the administration do about this and many other forms of bullying by my son's teacher? Side with the teacher and threaten to kick my son out of the school. This school is supposed to be one of the best schools and I actually PAID TUITION! But now after having my son degraded and no one doing anything about it I am moving him to Central!

Posted July 5, 2008

My son attened last year and will attend again this year. He loves school, and the teachers are so kind and caring. One of the things that I love is that there are no temporary trailers ever behind any of the city schools.

Posted April 8, 2008

My son is in kinderarden here. I love this system and so does he. He has mrs. Bennett and she is what a teacher should be and dreams of becoming. I only wish i could donate the $7500.00 I paid to oak mtn. Acad. To this school. This school truly is an example to all. Job well done!!!!

Posted April 3, 2008

My child attends Kindergarten at Carrollton Elementary School, and we love it. I am welcome to attend class at any time, even encouraged, and I have done so often. My child's class of 20 students has a teacher and a parapro in the room at all times, and they are energetic and caring instructors. My child has had some difficutly, and his teacher has been very open and communicated with me during these times giving me the opportunity to work with him in the problem arease more closely at home. Going into Kindergarten my child only knew the alphabet , but now reads. My expectations have been exceeded with this school, its teachers and its adminstrators.

Posted February 14, 2008

My kids both attended Carollton Elementary but I moved them to a County school because the teacher my Kindergartner had was clueless and the administration did nothing to address my concerns. They should also offer foreign languages here too becuase a large percentage of the student body does not speak fluent English as their first language .

Posted August 17, 2005

Carrollton Elementary is an excellent school. The principal is hands on and very approachable. The teachers are dedicated and personable. This school provides an education, yet takes a personal approach to education.

Posted June 11, 2005

Carrollton City Schools offer such a wide range of activities from violin, art, musical productions, and sports. The school system is run by administrators who put the students first. The teachers are outstanding, and the environment is open and friendly. It is a beautiful campus, and convenient having all 4 schools located side by side. I am priviledged to have my children attend Carrollton City Schools.

Posted December 11, 2004

It is the best school ever. They care about kids and how they are doing in school. It is the best school my kids have ever went to.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

340 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

343 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

342 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

355 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

355 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Anna Clifton
Fax number
  • (770) 214-2079

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

401 Ben Scott Blvd