Bad
Good

This school has excellent teachers, strong leadership from the principal, and a challenging academic program. This school has been the best one I have went to.

I tried to enroll my daughter over the summer so she would have a good middle school experience because of all the wonderful reviews I had heard about the school from other parents. I filled out the paperwork and heard nothing 2 weeks prior to school starting I called and spoke directly to the principle. He told me he didn't have the room for her and then asked me why I had put on my application that I wanted to her to attend because I had heard the school concentrated on academics and had a good rep for keeping a handle on behavior problems. My child has a perfect record and A/B grades and I wanted to keep it that way. I asked why she wasn't allowed in and he said the jury who looks the apps over want to see more statistical information and look to see if household income met the majority!!!! What???? I was appalled and told him that not every student has the benefit of being from a wealthy family some of them are just good kids and that if snobbery is what he basis enrollment on them we didn't want to attend anyway. I am not kidding, he actually said this to me I don't give a hoot how good your country boy football team is!

Both of my children attend CJHS and I have nothing but great things to say about both of their experiences. One of my children struggles and one sails academically, but Carrollton City Schools have consistantly addressed both situations very well. They learn, they are safe, they feel special and individual and they wouldn't go anywhere else.

this is one amazing school, the students, teachers, and faculty all give one hundred percent to this school and it truley shows. ive been going to carrollton schools from pre-k through my current grade, the 8th grade, and it is one marvalous school.

I go to CJHS and its the best school ever!!! Go Trojans!!!

I use to be very impressed with CJHS. That is untill my son tried out for several different sports and did not make any of them.. You have to be from Carrollton and live in the rich division before your child will have any kind of a chance of playing sports. So if your child is in to sports and you are new in this town dont get your hopes up that he are she will make it.... Which is sad when you know that your child is good and they still dont get picked...

My daughter has attended the Carrollton City schools since 1st grade and I have been pleased each year. This year we moved and I transferred my daughter to a charter school in Atlanta, while I have never had any problems with CJHS, I was excited about what the Charter school would offer her. Well let me just say after 9 weeks I have withdrawn her and placed her back at CJHS. It is truly a great, well rounded school.

Now with our second child at CJHS, we believe it has been our best educational experience so far. Approachable administrators, dedicated teachers, innovative programs, and a variety of extracurricular activities have made it feel like a custom-made curricus,lum for each child. Our children have taken trips to: watch theater productions, develop leadership and outdoor skills at Lookout Mountain, and participate in the Junior Beta Convention to name a few. In addition to the typical sports teams football, basketball, baseball, and cheerleading, we support a swim and gymnastics team. Our Junior High band competes in southeastern competitions.

Last modified Carrollton Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.