Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 20, 2016
Dr. Seals you are a blessing in every form. You care about your students as if they are your own. You educate in ways every child can relate to.The way you make sure your students know right from wrong and you hold them to higher standards. i am thankful that you are my sons teacher every day. He struggles with being picked on and you have gone above and beyond to care and help him feel comfortable. THANK YOU for your hard work!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted February 20, 2016
I find that most do not care, except for my child's teacher this year who is fantastic!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 20, 2016
my son spends about 1 - 2 hours a day on homework leaves him little time for exercise outside with friends

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted February 20, 2016
not at all, students that excel and parents that do not get overly involved fair well other than that students are not pushed to achieve more.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 20, 2016
again children will be children however in this school often a blind eye is turned to the children that consistently disrespect others.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 20, 2016
not at all, my child's teacher this year and the school nurse are the only two people that have ever truly showed concern or compassion o any issue's

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 20, 2016
The school is discriminatory. They lack any realistic values on dealing with issues. It is as if they sweep bullying issues under the carpet and do not address the bully. They focus on making the child that is bullied to change. They gave my child a paper with a picture of a fish on it with writing on the inside. The writing was something like (them refers to the bully) agree with them laugh with them do nothing walk away and so on... it does nothing to address the issue other than teach the children that they have something wrong with them and that the bully is correct. I have addressed my concerns with this method and I am quickly shut down every time. It is appalling!

Centerville Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2016
my child has attended this school for 4 years now. Bullying has always been a problem and the school does little to nothing to control it. Often they focus on changing the child that is picked on and rarely address the bully or the parents of the bully. If I was able to I would pull my child but I can not travel to other schools. His teacher this year is awesome however the teachers in past years were nightmares. they care little to nothing of your child's well being. when you have meetings about bullying issues in a sense they bully you, they tell you it will be you an A.P. and the teacher and when you show up their is five people in the meeting and they all try to convince you that they are handling it accordingly. I moved to Gwinnett because this school had high ratings and Dekalb schools had become over crowded and trashy, I had high hopes that were quickly crushed. They need a new principle and Assistant Principles and certainly a new way of dealing with bullying. Horrible I would never recommend this school I know several people that have pulled student and with good reason. Lets not forget academics my child never learned cursive writing in fourth grade therefore scored horribly on one of the state required tests. Has had to have a tutor for the last two years ( my son is smart beyond his years he scored above average on all state tests in prior years and has several honor role awards from previous schools) they do not do a good job at making sure the children learn what they need too. Yes I know teachers have it hard with all the standardized testing lesson plans but his teacher this year actually cares and is teaching the previous years this has not been the case. It is time to re vamp the school. I purchased my home 4 years ago to make my sons education a priority and now I find myself looking into selling again.

Centerville Elementary School 5

Posted January 06, 2016
Teachers and administrators are amazing and very understanding when dealing with children who are a little different! My son's teacher compliments him every time I talk to her and had nothing negative to say about him even though I know he won't work independently. She knows i worry about that, so instead of stressing me out by bringing it up when we talk, she simply informs me of how much he's improved and goes on to tell me how polite he is and how thoughtful he is. She really knows how to make a worried mom's stress go away!

Centerville Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2013
Centerville Elementary is a great school unless you have to deal with a certain councilor. My child was being physically and emotionally bullied and it was up to her to decide how to handle it. She called me and told me it was my child's fault because she can be irritating. When I disagreed with how she handled the situation she told the vice principal I was yelling at her when I had not raised my tone even once. Now that that situation has been handled she keeps questioning my children and asking them inappropriate questions.

450 North Houston Lake Blvd, Centerville, GA  31028
Last modified Centerville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.