No rating

St. Luke School

Private | K-8

Living in Columbus

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted yesterday

My children were at this school for a few years until I realized they were way behind the power curve. They are now at Calvary Christian School and we could not be happier. The staff and principal are so far behind the times. The children are walked around like zombies in single file lines all over campus. There is no room for individuality, nor do they encourage it. There is no stimulation and my kids often complained about how boring school was. There is not much communication from teachers unless something is wrong. I felt that there is no positive reinforcement at this school. There are a lot of awards that my children never received while at the school, but if you are a big donor or a teachers child you were for sure getting awards and accolades. There is too much nepotism going on at this school. I feel as though its archaic in its policies, teaching techniques and awards system. I feel as though the headmaster has been in place so long and is stuck in the dark ages with her teaching techniques. Unfortunately the only place SLS can go is down. Its sad, it could be such an awesome school and an affordable alternative to other private schools in the area.

Posted May 6, 2014

I have had my children at St. Luke for many years. This school has too many teachers and staff who have children that attend the school. The academics are OK, but not up to par to most public schools. The downtown area is very dangerous and there are a large amount of homeless people roaming the campus. The teacher's children are shown favoritism in the classroom and are chosen for teams and awards way more than children who do not have a parent who works at the school. I have been disappointed in the quality of education as well as the treatment my children have received. A Christian school should nurturing a child's academics and well a their confidence and self-esteem. This does not happen at St. Luke. I do not recommend this school to anyone who wants a Christian education that nurtures a child's academics and confidence.

Posted June 9, 2013

This school is for parents who don't want their kids to go to school with black children. Not very Christ like. I moved here with my husband and 2 sons we are military/biracial family. We wanted our children in private school so we choose St. Luke as they had such great reviews, well after 6 months and losing our tuition we changed their school and now they are happily attending Brookstone. My sons said they felt unwelcome at St Luke. Please when deciding on a private school, don't make the same mistake we did look deeper into the private school and their dynamics. I agree with the above review you MOST fit what their idea of a perfect family looks like!

Posted April 30, 2013

I never thought I would have anything negative to say about St Luke Preschool....but if you are not a perfect cookie cutter family they will drop you. My son's spot for next year was taken due to our "family dynamic". Very Christian of you I must say....I will def pray for you. If your child goes there think long and hard about it...you never know what could change in your "family dynamic".....very two faced in my opinion!!!

Posted February 25, 2011

The principal and staff at St. Luke School educate and nurture the children in a positive and progressive manner that reaches out to every child in their care. They go above and beyond basic education to strive toward innovative ways to challenge each child individually.

Posted January 7, 2010

If you're looking for a quality private school in the Columbus area, look no further. St. Luke consistently achieves some of the highest test scores in the city and at very competitive tution rates. St. Luke is grounded in Christian principles and your children will not be exposed to the extreme materialism found in several other private schools in town. The principal/headmaster may seem a little too self-important when you first meet her, but she runs a first class operation and is very accessible to parents and visible around campus. Aftercare program is unparalleled. Wouldn't dream of sending my children anywhere else in Columbus but St. Luke.

Posted June 4, 2009

I have just graduated from St. Luke School and I have been there for the past six years. Throughout my time at St. Luke I was challenged to the fullest. The teachers are always willing to help you when you have a problem and take time after or before classes to discuss anything. The faculty is wonderful here. They also have a great after school program. The kids are given a light snack, given homework time, and time to go outside and play. I wouldn't have had a much fun at any other school in Columbus than I had at St. Luke.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 25, 2008

I would never send my children anywhere else. St. Luke feeds the mind, body and spirit. My children, both above average test scores in 99th pecentile of testing are challenged and we knowthey getting the best education in a Christian environment. The parents are super involved and the PTO is phenomenal. For a K-8 school the sports programs are incredible.

Posted January 14, 2008

St Luke School is superior in all categories- excellence of academics, quality of teacher and parent involvement, extra cirricular activities like drama, art, and music, sports, and spiritual development. We could not have hoped for a better place for our daughter, who is academically well above average, to learn and grow. She is challenged, yet supported well enough that challenge does not equate to stress. What an incredible jewel we have in St Luke School.

Posted November 2, 2006

My daughter went through middle school at St. Luke School. She has since moved on to a Magnet Academy for high school and is doing great. She was very well prepared for the high school workload. Thank you St. Luke!

Posted September 12, 2006

Great school! They are very involved in the community. Small class size 15 students with 2 teachers for kindergarten. High test scores. 100 % PTO participation. Our teacher gives each kid a hug to end the day! We Love Our School shannon

Posted January 28, 2004

Information about school is outdated-now grades up to & including 8th. My daughter has attended for the past 5 years and we can't imagine changing. National test scores are very high, class sizes small (4th grade=15/class), and students, teachers, & parents are involved & committed. Outstanding school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ann McDuffie
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Fax number
  • (706) 256-1308

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious