Columbus, GA
After care: No

Posted November 05, 2014
This is an amazing school with a very positive atmosphere! Has been extremely welcoming and accommodating for our special need child. A true gem in the district and should be used as an example for other schools to learn ways to establish a good school moral!

Posted October 24, 2014
This is my son first week of school. And he come home every day happy.

Posted September 16, 2014
This is my daughter fourth year in school in Columbus and second year at Double Churches and I am sad that she can't stay for high school. She is a good student but at Double Churches she became a great student. She loves going to school unlike her last school where she would be dragging to get ready. The new principal is out every morning greeting the students and parents, the vice principal is also always ready to greet and talk to parents. I think if your child attends this school they will love it.

Posted September 10, 2014
This is my niece's first year in middle school, and she loves Double Churches Middle School. She is very happy there, and she is learning a lot. Every morning the principal is outside to greet the children when they arrive. In the afternoons, he is outside until every child is safely picked up. My niece loves all of her teachers. The teachers are focused on exactly what the children need to learn, and they make it fun. The teachers are nurturing, and yet they maintain excellent discipline. Physical education is a big part for 6th grade students because that is a new experience. My niece so enjoys the PE teachers, and the activities they do. When I have been in the front office, they are consistently helpful and nice. That gives a great first impression of what the school is like. The new principal is an excellent leader for the children of this school. He works hard, and takes his work seriously. The best evaluation of the school for me is that my niece comes home everyday happy, and she is excited about learning. The school does a nice job of mixing learning with fun. The children really respond to the pride coins incentive system!! Go Wildcats!!!! : )

Posted September 09, 2014
I love Double Churches Middle School! My children were homeschooled, so when I had to put them in regular school, DCMS was the only school my kids wanted to attend. They had friends there already and I heard some good things about the school. I was still a little weary, but my fears were quickly laid to rest as I met the staff and got involved. The late Mr. Cox was a fantastic principal. He really cared about everything DCMS. The new principal, Mr. Fitts is fantastic as well. He's only been with DCMS a short while, but he really cares about everything DCMS. He really loves for parents to be involved, and they should be. All the teachers my children have had are WONDERFUL! The front office staff, Ms. Shelley and Ms. Webster, are great and very helpful ALWAYS! Mrs. Harper helps to make sure all the kids are doing the right thing. I can't list everybody, but the whole staff at DCMS is great! I can't begin to say enough how wonderful they are. And sports...we have the best sports teams in Muscogee County!!! DCMS really is a wonderful school. The teachers challenge the students daily to prepare them for high school and beyond. I am glad I chose DCMS for my children!!!!!

Posted September 04, 2014
This is one of the most culturally diverse schools in Columbus with so much to offer students in both academic and extra curricular activities. It is a hidden gem and my son had enjoyed the middle school experience he has had. The course offerings are top notch and he is taking all advanced classes. The new principal is very enthusiastic and the assistant principal has done wonders with positive behavior support for the students. The climate at the school is always nurturing and caring and the staff is super friendly. I love DCMS!

Posted September 04, 2014
DCMS is a great school that offers all kids an opportunity to grow and have great experiences in a safe environment. We have an academically challenging atmosphere that meets the students where they are at and allows them to grow mentally, physically, and emotionally. Our Wildcat P.R.I.D.E. Program is a Positive Behavior Intervention Plan that is proactive in preventing discipline issues as well as working to create a Bully-Free environment. In 2013-2014 we saw our Discipline Referrals decrease by 22%, while our CRCT scores saw the greatest gains of all Middle Schools in Muscogee County. Middle School is a challenging time for all students but the Faculty and Staff of DCMS works tirelessly in helping our students grow and achieve. If you ever want to visit the school, give us a call or just come on by and we will be glad to show off our Wildcat P.R.I.D.E. - GO CATS!!!!

Double Churches Middle School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
Very unprofessional school, lacks the initiative that an academically advance school needs. This a direct reflection of their leadership.

Posted November 29, 2013
My son transferred from Arnold to Double Churches middle and the difference is amazing. His grades are improved, the teachers care and want the children to learn. There is no bullying or fights which happened all the time at Arnold. The principle is strict but I think that is what is best to keep the trouble makers in line. The school is in a great area and is kept clean. I don't care what others say this school is amazing in all aspects. I couldn't ask for a butter place for my child

Double Churches Middle School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is not the ideal school to go to. I came from Blackmon Road which is academically the best school here in Columbus Ga. I am in the eighth grade and all advanced classes and I am being taught thing I learned in the 6th and seventh grade. The other students have no respect for adults and the environment of the school is not so great. My rating is zero stars.

Double Churches Middle School
7611 Whitesville Rd, Columbus, GA  31904
Last modified Double Churches Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Double Churches Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top