Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Neutral

They do, but there are children within the school who have differences that involve anger and it affects my children's education and well-being when this child is disruptive to their learning and the fact that they are rageful and screaming inappropriate things. This child should be in a different situation or a school better suited to rage.

We love NCES! We moved here in the middle of the last school year and I was worried that my daughter would be lost. Luckily, the school worked with her to ensure that she was on track with the rest of her peers. The only downside would be the school lunches as the kids say they don't taste the greatest and they are also too costly for the amount and quality of food that they don't get.

Teacher communication is poor among some teachers. Teachers not involved in a situation often involve themselves silently by ignoring your email requests. As an educator myself, I must say the past year I have become dissatisfied with the level of professionalism at this school. Leadership seems to "want" to be on board, but we all know it starts with leadership expectations with ensuring teachers communicate with stakeholders. Maybe MCSD board members should hear how the dynamics of this school seems to be changing. You don't appease parents. You communicate rather than being nonresponsive or telling them what they want to hear in order to keep parents out of the school. Not good!! I would look at Eagle Ridge instead. I wish I had.

Wonderful Teachers and staff. My daughter has attended for 2 years now & I am so thankful I took the advice of others and moved her to this district =)

The new principal does not keep in contact with parents, unless there is a select group that she is interested in. This is our 2nd year at NCE and we are totally in love with our 2nd grade teacher, looking for to looping next year.

The school es very good,the front desk staff are very nice people,teachers are excellent,my two kids feel good in this school...

North Columbus Elementary in Columbus, GA is an outstanding school. The staff is leaps above the rest. The looping program allows teachers to learn about students and students to learn about their teachers which I believe in the elementary grades is very important. The leadership is outstanding and the parent support is great too. I would love to have languages added in the school.

The school is great unless you have what they like to label a "problem child". My 1st child had no problems in school, staff was super nice to me always. Then my 2nd child started there and wasn't the typical student. All kids are different and this one is having a harder time. Funny how the attitudes have changed towards me as a parent. Can not wait until we move!

My son has been going to this school for only a few months but I have a really good first impression of the school. The staff at the front desk is very nice and always very helpful. My son is in first grade. He has art and music as specials. No PE nor Spanish, like he had in his previous school so that was a little disappointing. The food at the cafeteria is good. They have 2 playgrounds, and as far as I know they take the kids outside every day to play. My son's teacher is very patient with the kids and has a positive attitude toward them.Over all I am pleased with the school so far!!!

We are 3 days from completing our first year at North Columbus Elementary and is glad to report that is was a "GREAT" year. My daughther was nervous about attending a new school, especially one that loops (same teacher for two years). She went in during the second year of the loop and after a shaky first month was able to adjust really well. I pray that the teacher she gets for 4th/5th grade is as great as this one is but, I don't think I have to worry. The staff all have been wonderful and I have nothing but positive things to say. Understand ,this is just my experience because I have spoken with another parent and she doesn't feel the same way. The only thing I didn't like was that the kids don't really get to interact with other kids outside of their classroom, because their classes are pretty much self-contained. I am pretty sure there is a reason for it but, she would have looked meeting more people being the social butterfly that she is. The PTA is great, I am not an active member but have been to meeting when my daughter had a preformance and although we did a lot of fund raisers, at the end of the year the money went towards the school playground. Great Job, NCE!

Last modified North Columbus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.