No rating

Victory Christian School

Private | PK-5

Living in Conyers

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted April 10, 2012

This school needs a lot of help in the leadership department. It seems as though things are always half done. The staff is constantly mis informed and the receptionist is regularly unaware of the logistics in regards to the school. The financial person seems to always have a chip on her shoulder. The school is so run down that she should be happy to take my payment. The teachers and staff are all dressed like they are on their way to the local Walmart. Bottom line is this school has a lot of potential but they just need to have a complete overhaul in the leadership department. They could also use a visit from extreme makeover to give the school a fresh new look. Make the school look like a school. My child's teacher is awesome and I give her 5 stars, but I could only speak for her because I do not know the other teachers. Due to the poor quality of the school and staff I will not be enrolling my child at Victory next year.

Posted March 15, 2012

My child has attended Victory for five years and I have been very pleased with her educational development. There have been small issues but they were addressed and now with the new administration, I am extremely please with the school and I will be recommending others that want the best for their children to give VCS a chance.

Posted March 15, 2012

This is our second year here at Victory Chrisitian School. My daughter is in the Advanced Kindergarten class. I can truly say, teaching and learning is taking place. One of the advantages that caught our attention was the warmest from the staff. Most important aspect is our daughter loves school and does not want to miss a day of learning. In her class there are only 11 students, where one-on-one instructions can take place. If you are looking for an awesome school Victory Christian School is the place for high achievers.

Posted March 4, 2012

This is not a very great school at all. First off the administration is very poor. The principle dose not even have a degree and nor dose a lot of the teachers and the administration that are employed there. There are no computer labs and PE is a open gym. My son went to this school before I found out about all of their inperfections. My son was so far behind when I moved him into public school that he had to have a tutior to help catch him up. This school in a joke. Please look into all of this before you consider selecting this school for your children.

Posted January 27, 2012

My Daughter has been attending Victory Christian School since 2 years old. She is learning so much and so quickly. I m very impressed with her teacher and the focus placed on classroom time. Her father and I love this school and recommend this school to any parent who believes education is a top priority. Victory offers an excellent learning curriculum with highly qualified administration and educators.

Posted August 10, 2011

I am so very impressed with the teachers and administrative staff at Victory Christian School this year! The level of care, compassion and dedication to the school is so refreshing. The students are getting quality and Godly instruction and I feel blessed to have been led here.

Posted July 30, 2011

My son has been attending VCS since K3, and he is now gearing up for Advanced 2nd grade! My daughter will also be attending school this year in VCS for K3. I am so excited about the changes that are taking place there, for the Administration, to the increase in parent communication and involvement. I am looking for excellent things to come!

Posted June 30, 2011

My daughter has been going to this school since grade 1 and was suppose to return for 5th grade but she won't be returning. The school is run down and the warm, friendly and organized staff are either gone or have lost their way. This is suppos to be a christian school and all the administrative staff does is gossip about the teachers and other staff members. Majority of the school use to be white populated now its all black and I feel that they are not for the blacks although we are the ones helping them to stay open. I would not send my child to this school

Posted November 8, 2010

The schools is very poor school. Background check of teachers need to be improved. Office organization needs to improve. Lunches need to be checked. Sour milk served to children due to not checking dates is pretty bad. This school has really gone downhill

Posted January 15, 2010

My children attend VCS and I am very pleased with the staff, administration and overall direction of the school. My children will be returning for the 2010-2011 school year.

Posted November 13, 2009

I was a student of Victory Christian School and i loved it. Its education was excellent and the kids and teachers there were very nice. But I do say that they were strict.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 2, 2009

Very strict to the point of driving a wedge between students and the behaviors they wish to promote. The whole password issue is a prime example. They do not control all aspects of the kid's lives. These kids need to grow up and learn how to think for themselves. If the school does their job properly, without coersion, then they will see results. Intimidation does not work.

Posted August 24, 2009

I have two kids attending VCS this year and I am extremely satisfied . The staff and teachers including the principal have been warm and caring on every occasion. The teachers show up everyday with a good spirit (unlike some other schools). Anytime, I have a question they are always more than willing to assist me. The best part is ........my kids (a 13 year old and 4 year old) come home happy in the afternoon and excited each morning for me to get them to school on time ( I NEVER got this type of response when my 8th grader attended public school). My 8th grader comes home excited and motivated and recently asked me about letting him join the chess club and student council group. WOW! Praise the Lord. My little K4 loves her teacher and enjoys music and reading time. My 8th grader said mom this

Posted March 20, 2009

This year VCS has really been a huge disappointment. The leadership is only part of the problem. I would strongly suggest to any parent that is considering sending their child(ren) to this school to interview other parents prior to making such an important decision. This experience has been so horrible that it should have been free.

Posted January 27, 2009

I am very satisified with the quality of education my children received at Victory. The teachers are caring individuals who have a passion for teaching.

Posted January 27, 2009

VCS is providing an excellent education to its students. I have found that the administration is always available and helpful with any concerns that I may have. The education that my children are receiving is top notch. Without hesitation I would recommend this school for any grade level.

Posted January 15, 2009

I have two children at VCS and I would put them in public school before sending them back to VCS for another year. The best part about this school is the fact that it is Christian-based but this is the only thing that I feel that they accurately excel in. I have always felt that a private school education should put my children ahead of the pack but I feel that this school is actually keeping my child from reaching their full potential. And voicing my concerns to the principal pretty much fell on deaf ears which hars further exaggerated my discontent. So I can't say that all of the problems fall on the teachers when the head adminstrator doesn't even provide good leadership. Next school year, I will invest my hard earned money in a different private school even if it means I have to drive a longer distance.

Posted December 17, 2008

My son is a Sophomore at VCS. I am very proud of being part of the VCS family. Nothing or noone is perfect! However, I can say that the teachers, staff and Administration are loving and certainly care for each student. Whenever I have any concerns or questions, the Administration and teachers have always answered them promptly and suggestions are welcomed for the benefit of the school and the students. This 2008-2009 school year a PTO was formed. Thus far, not many parents show up for the monthly meetings to support the school or the students. How can one complain about VCS when there is not 100% parent involvement? I think it is unfair and unjust to criticize VCS. VCS parents (from Kindergarten to High School) should unite and become as ONE! I love VCS and will continue to support and pray for the success of the school and the students.

Posted November 1, 2008

My daughter is in high school this year at VCS. I have never been more pleased with the staff and the administration. What ever may have been the option of the past is defiantly not the case now. i would strongly suggest that you give VCS a chance. I am very glad that I did.

Posted October 15, 2008

My children are in the middle and high at VCS this year. They have attended this school since a very young age and we as a family have seen the ups and downs of the school. This year I am so impressed with both the administration and the staff. I attended my second PTO meeting last night and after speaking with other parents and my children''s teachers I am extremely pleased. My children are learning, they are excelling and the school is in my opinion on an upward course. The teachers care about the students and they are supported by the administration. To all of the disgruntled parents and past students, it is not the same ole same ole. VCS has a new revived spirit and all you have to do is step onto the property to see it.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • NCGS
Fax number
  • (770) 929-8848

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious