Dahlonega, GA

Posted September 04, 2014
We are so thankful for LBES. The staff and teachers do a great job of challenging our kids academically while also demonstrating compassion and encouragement to our two children. We are pleased that LBES embraces inclusion classes. For several years my son has had classes with several students with specific learning needs and special physical needs. His teachers and support staff have done an excellent job challenging all the students in his class. He in turn has become apart of a caring group of peers that are empathetic, compassionate and extremely encouraging of one another. The lessons my children are learning at home are reinforced at school. We could not be more pleased by a principal and vice principal that are in touch with the needs of growing children and are on the cutting edge of meeting their individual learning needs. The school is one of the cleanest in the county and has many strengths due to the parent and staff desiring excellence in every area possible.

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is wonderful. I have two children that attended classes at Long Branch. Both had amazing experiences. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to makes students feel safe. The school offered school activities such as drama club and accelerated reader that helps challenge students daily. The administrative staff is very friendly and thrives on helping students succeed in academics. I am so glad both of my children had such a wonderful experience at this school

Posted July 28, 2014
Longbranch Elementary Dahlonega, GA Bullying seems to be a very real problem here that is ignored. Bad behavior should be stopped and/or controlled at such a young age. Placed my soon to be 2nd grader in self defense classes this summer. We are ready for the bullies --- Is this the lesson that elementary school kids need to learn first?? Children that are well behaved and respectful should not fear school when they are 7!

Long Branch Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2013
I was a student at Long Branch Elementary School years ago. And I have to say, that though I didn't think of it as a kid, I'm glad I went there. The teachers do try their best to help all students learn, and I have met some amazing people amongst the staff. I think it's a very nice school to send kids to.

Posted April 25, 2012
I posted previously and would like to note- before my child entered this school he had no problems... since leaving this school my child has had no problems.. thus, there is a serious problem with this school and it's ability to handle children with special needs. In fact, my child , after leaving this school, is no longer in a special needs class and is thriving. They asked me why he had such a problem in Long Branch as they do not see any of the 'problems' that Long Branch noted. Thank God to be out of that school district!

Posted January 30, 2012
I have a child that was put in special needs classes. The school is unable to handle him. Unfortunately, I have not had a good experience with the staff at this school. My child had never had a problem in school until he started this school.

Posted July 14, 2011
My son had a great 3rd grade year. Mrs. Moye is a great, positive teacher for the kids. Thankfully she focused on my son's strengths and encouraged him to exceed. Congratulations to Mrs. Moye for having a class that met the all the standards for the CRCT without one child failing a test.

Long Branch Elementary School 3

Posted July 13, 2011
Compared to Georgia Schools - this one is excellent. Outstanding principal! There is always room for improvement!

Posted July 09, 2009

Long Branch Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2009
My child is in the 1st grade at Long Branch Elem. I think this school and the entire county school system could use more teacher education when it comes to dealing with special needs children. Not all children are 'cookie cutter' type and this school needs to become up to date with new techniques and ways to educate these children.

Long Branch Elementary School
4518 Highway 52 E, Dahlonega, GA  30533
Last modified Long Branch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Branch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top