Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As a senior at this school, I have had very few complaints. There are plenty of clubs to join, both service based and academic based, and the club sponsors care deeply about their clubs and organizations. The sports teams are capable of winning games and seasons year after year and the fine arts department strives for greatness, with the band consistently winning awards along with the drama and art department. The teachers do care about their jobs and enjoy teaching young adults. That being said, we students are young adults and need to be taking care of problems ourselves without our parents complaining to the school about a lack of communication, as some other reviews stated. The staff acknowledges the fact we are soon heading off to college and need to be more independent from our parents on things such as grades and assignments. Now I don't know the situation the other reviewers are in, but it sounds like half of the negative reviews are coming from helicopter parents, or parents who don't give their kids any freedom on anything. To address any complaints about money being an issue, textbooks are used sparingly for chapter reading every so often. The teachers tend to like to teach the students instead of having them read from a textbook when not every student learns the same way. Keeping yourself from failing isn't dependent on the teacher, instead the student must go to the teacher for help since this isn't middle school. As the years have progressed, I have noticed the administration and staff members leave and new ones come that are better than the previous and test scores get higher and higher every year. And to any parent who believes a teacher or staff is being unreasonable, you have to remember that we high schoolers make the story very one-sided and for our benefit. While there are problems with this school, none are related to my learning or major enough to inhibit my learning, so I feel I am getting a quality education and my teachers are preparing me for what they call the "real world."

This school has caused all my suffering in life. I was severely harassed here. Go to Cobb county instead

I'll just say that I have three children currently in high school, and I felt the need to put them in private school to save them. No books, teachers do not show up for tutoring, drugs, kids seem to be running class, etc. I didn't believe my kids at first, which I'm now very sorry for, but after several years there and trying to investigate for myself as much as possible, I couldn't come to any other conclusion. Also as many others have stated the administration is worthless and arrogant. I don't make the kind of money to send three kids to private school, but I would recommend you do what you can to get your children somewhere else. By the Grace of God we have, and after only a month our kids are progressing and learning far more, and things that actually matter, and are far more interested in learning than they ever were at North Paulding. Our kids had given up, and to see them happy, working hard, and smiling again makes it all worth it.

Teachers need more training on up to date strategies that actually work for high schoolers. Try something that is actually engaging and might keep their attention. Instead of my kid texting me all day because they're bored out of their minds!

NPHS I agree w/posts 5/21/14 & 10/25/13. The campus infrastructure MUST have been designed by Rube Goldberg's progeny! The front office staff are ice cold & their noses are so high up in the air they must be using oxygen masks! Recently had the pleasure of visiting BOTH middle school and HS offices minutes apart to p/u grandkids. On a scale of 1-10 w/10 = excellent, Burnt Hickory comes in at a 10 and HS staff a minus 5! Can you send that staff to Customer Service 101?My taxes are providing their salaries (and there's not much better than a happy taxpayer!)

I have a junior and a senior at NPHS and we are so disappointed with several aspects of this campus. The design and traffic is ridiculous. The ladies in the front office are very rude and inconsiderate. There are some great teachers here, but they are overshadowed by all the mediocre ones.

This school is a wonderful school, with opportunity for some improvement. The band and athletic programs are top notch (although highly expensive) and the AP and Honors curriculum choices are great. My daughter is thriving at this school and we couldn't be more pleased with our choice to move to the area this year. The front office staff is always a bit less than friendly and I have watched multiple times as they appear "put out" with each successive request. The campus is nice, with an amazing pastoral view of grazing cows nearby. The website is slow to update, and not really interactive. All in all, a solid school with well mannered kids, low crime, and a solid parental backing.

I am a retired teacher, counselor and administrator. I met with my grandson and granddaughter's assistant principal and counselor. I was extremely impressed with the caring attitude, assistance and knowledge that they both displayed through out the entire conference. They didn't hurry us through the meeting and did everything possible to make sure my grandchildren adjust well to a new school in a new state. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a staff that goes the extra mile to ensure students are successful.

I agree with the last 2 comments wholeheartedly. I consider myself to be an involved parent and haven't had the greatest interaction with Administration at the school, particularly VP and Principal. My honor student had an issue at school which the school kept me out of the loop on until it became a disciplinary matter and as I tried to resolve it I got push back from administration until I threatened to bring my unanswered questions to the Accreditation meeting. I received a call back from the Education Board over NP High who basically tried to appease me with political double talk but I still never received an adequate resolution to the issue. I have had to make it very clear should an issue arise in the future I need to be part of the process from day one. I don't have a lot of faith in the leadership team.

I agree that this school is a disappointment. I have seen a change the last couple of years. I currently have a senior and a freshman. I was happy when my daughter was a freshman and sophomore, but things have gone down hill since. The teachers don't seem to care about the students (there are a few exceptions). I rarely get any communication from the teachers. The website is never updated, so I feel completely out of touch. I know these are teenagers, but they are still our children, and there still are parents out there who care about their education. I really had hoped that things would change when the new principal came on board, but he is huge disappointment as well.

Last modified North Paulding High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.