Dawsonville, GA

Posted October 10, 2011
My son has been at Kilough since Pre-K and he's now in 1st Grade. He has had nothing but amazing, kind, patient teachers. These teachers have taught him so much both educationally and socially. I am very pleased with our school.

Kilough Elementary School 1

Posted August 10, 2011
Kilough elementary was nothing but a holding facility for my kids. They learned nothing. I don't know if they just got bad teachers but several of them just sat at their desks all day and threw the kids worksheets - whether they did them or not was irrelevant. One actually made my son sit with the other kids in his class and tutor them in reading all day on a regular basis while she stayed at her desk. Another one of my children tested on the top of her class but still could not read at 7 years old. The continual solicitations for fundraising to parents is also annoying since they seem to have enough money to purchase expensive toys like smartboards for every room. The county is stating they will have to have the kids take even MORE furlough days due to cuts "in state funding" however, they have an even larger budget than last year. Not sure where all the money is going. It's not helping the kids.

Posted March 02, 2010
Wonderful school, with caring Teachers, great Counselor, good lunch too, with a wonderful staff. Kilough is a real committment to excellence in education.

Posted May 08, 2009
We love Kilough. What a great group of teachers, staff and friends. This is truly a strong community of friends and neighbors.

Kilough Elementary School

Posted March 22, 2009
I have worked at Kilough for a number of years now and I love going to work each day. My own children have attended this school and I feel truly blessed for the education and care they received as a student at KES. As someone who works @ KES I must say personally it is the kids that come to school each day that make my job fulfilling. Some days are challenging for the staff and kids alike, but nothing can replace a moment of frustration like the smiles and hugs that the kids are so often eager to give and receive. To watch a student start in kindergarten and move through the grades to become strong individuals and 'team members' is an amazing transformation and a true gift. Our lunch room staff are a great group of ladies who work hard at preparing delicious meals for the kids and staff.

Posted May 28, 2008
i think this school is wonderful for my children

Posted February 29, 2008
i've had an awesome time with this school

Posted December 06, 2007
both of my kids attend kilough and they love the teachers and all the programs

Posted September 28, 2007
I have a son and daughter attending Kilough and they both love it the teachers are great the school is clean the teachers and parents are super involved I would want my kids to be able to attend kilough until they graduate

Posted September 26, 2006
My son just began 1rst grade here , and he loves it. When I asked him what he likes about the school he says the classes are smaller than his other school and they have better equipment. He looks forward to going everyday. His teachers are great, and the parents seem to be really involved with things. Being new to the community I fell really welcome at PTO meetings and in all facets. We are very happy , and I can't wait for my little girl to start here in a couple of years! Frankie Holbrook

Kilough Elementary School
1063 Kilough Church Rd, Dawsonville, GA  30534
Last modified Kilough Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kilough Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top