K-8|Private

Bad
Good

STM is a school that offers a challenging academic curriculum. The multicultural environment is healthy, warm and friendly. As a former student...the memories are priceless. The faculty and staff go the extra mile (standard). You won't find a school that provides the complete development of your child. A GREAT SCHOOL! Saint Thomas More...Go Tigers!

Stay away from this school. They do not teach the kids anything and they are given good grades. This school does not properly prepare their students for high school, and life. Save your money, and time and invest in your kids in a different school, if you want them to have a promising future. - Former Parent (2010-2011)

Our experience as parents has been outstanding. Each teacher I have met is impressive with their warmth, wisdom and experience. Our son's Kindergarten teacher teacher made detailed,specific observations of our son's aptitude, behavior and talent that left me feeling she knows him well and is creating an environment ideal for him to stay sweet, imaginative and stretch him at just the pace I would wish. Beyond the academics, the values taught would be respected by families of any faith. As a family,you will connect with this school and appreciate the small but important ways they influence your kids (principal sitting at lunch with kids, 8th grade buddies for Kindergarteners, and many more).

In our humble opinion, we love STM and would do anything to put our children there. This is a school that promotes diversity, tolerence and personal development. We have two children there already. I am sure there are better schools, public or private, than STM, but the experience that my children and parents alike are invaluable. You can have teachers with advanced teaching degree and teaching licenses, but these certificates don't mean a thing if the teachers don't care about their students. STM's faculty and staff truly exhibit passon and enthusiasm for teaching in a caring environment. When my third child is old enough, we hope that he will be able to attend this wonderful school as well. Peter & Connie Lien

St. Thomas is an intimate Catholic School with an excellent well rounded educational program. STM has a seasoned faculty and staff that encourage the children to excel in all study areas. STM has a diverse enrollment of families. I say families and not just students, because our school requires a total commitment of the family not just the student. The PTO is very active in all the activities of the school and in everyway striving to continue to make STM a school of EXCELLENCE and a desired learning institution. We love STM!!!

A life lesson: We learned STM does not seem to stress academics as much as the local public schools, especially Morningside. Ex - In grade 3, STM kids learn how to write a paragraph. At MES, the kids are going through the complete writing process and are writing 5 paragraph essays. The work hanging outside a Grade 2 class at STM would be hanging outside a K class @ MES, imo. Many of these teachers do not have teaching licenses. Kids below grade level are given high grades - is that to please the paying parents?? It seems anyone is accepted, if they have the money. Many local public school kids who struggle come here after trying public school, and that is good for them, as the work is easier. A's for everyone, it seems! (They even let my K boy write his name incorrectly - no corrections.)

I like Saint Thomas More,but I just felt like I didn't stand out at all,like I wasn't cool because I didn't have a North Face jacket. Other than that it's a great school.

We could not be happier with our choice of school. They have a very strong academic program and their teaching and administration staff are exceptional.

STM is a wonderful school with caring and responsive teachers and administration. The curriculum is challenging with a real focus on Catholic values. Students seem happy and are very kind to one another.

Last modified St. Thomas More School is a Private school that serves grades K-8