Decatur, GA
Students enrolled: 1,050

Towers High School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter attends THS and I must say that I like the school. I was worried at first from the rumors, but you can't believe all that you hear. Every morning my child is up and ready to go with a smile on her face. It is a new school for her, but for her to come home and say "momma my day was great with a smile." Really makes my day and I am thankful for that. I will continue to keep THS in my prayers and look forward to my daughter graduating with honors in 2017. I also am looking to volunteer when the time comes. A Happy Mother!

Posted August 22, 2013
I have a child at this school and I like the changes that are happening at Towers.

Posted October 07, 2012
I went to towers last year and most of you all comments are very rude and unreal! Towers is a good school, it just has kids without guidance outside of the school. No school is perfect. Redan, stone mountain and lithonia had a riot so please don't over exaggerate!!! As far as the teaching goes, once those students who are forced to be there are gone we have a ball with our assignments and activitys. Towers from my view is better than my previous high school lithonia.

Posted August 12, 2012
Oh where to start... The first day I walked in the building there was a student cursing a teacher out in the middle of the hallway. Not only are the kids disrespectful, some of the staff are just as bad. Kids were constantly walking around, stating they had been kicked out of class and sent to roam the halls. I feel sorry for those students at Towers who are expecting to gain a valuable experience from high school, there is no way it will happen at Towers. Nothing in the handbook is followed by staff or personnel; therefore the students have taken over the school and do WHAT they want, WHEN they feel like doing it! Many teachers are scared, as was I. Especially when a riot broke out in the middle of the day. The school was placed on lock down, police were called, the hallways were peppersprayed (with the student body in the hallway), and numerous fights were going on. In no shape, form, or fashion would I recommend any parent who values a good education as well as the safety of his/her child to send them to Towers High.

Posted August 26, 2010
I went toTowers and was clas of 97. I don't know how this school is now but it was pretty bad back then. It was very ghetto. The students told the teachers what to do. They cussed the teachers out. Unless the teacher took control of the class the students would smell fear and take over. Especially the math classes which was a subject i had trouble in because i could not hear what the teacher was saying. This caused me to fail at two of my math classes because i could not hear the teachers instruction on how to do the work because of people carrying on conversations unrelated to what we were trying to learn. Then the teacher would put the easiest problem on the board and expect you to apply that simple answer to 25 different problems. I don't recommend this school.

Posted August 16, 2010
If I were DeKalb County, I would do some restructuring of their school zones for this reason. If Towers is run by the state now, what's the point of having it next year since DeKalb is planning to close at least one school for 2011-2012? Besides, my child and I don't even feel comfortable going there for any reason.

Towers High School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
My my children was placed in danger while attending Towers my daughter was threatened but because she defended herself she was punished more than the person who threatened and cornered her. The teachers are not in control and the classess are loud and unruled the teachers listen to their chosen students and some ignore the stragglers. The only time they offer assistance is to generate the needed scores because it has been on the line to be shut down due to test scores. All 3 of my children had to find an alternatives to this school a school that has been having difficulty meeting it's standard.

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted December 28, 2008
My daugter is a 10th grade student at Towers. This is her 2nd year there. This is the worst school I've ever seen. The staff is awful, most calls are not returned. The students are cursing out teachers and fighting staff. Students are also fighting while Towers are having guests the that are there to check up on the school. Personally I think the school needs to be shut down or have the whole staff replaced. I like where I live but Towers High alone has me looking for another area to move to just for a better high school for my daughter.

Towers High School 4

Posted November 23, 2008

Towers High School
3919 Brookcrest Cir, Decatur, GA  30032
Last modified Towers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Towers High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top