Posted June 30, 2014
Through my experience in this school it has been nothing but a total nightmare for me. The staff and counselors were nothing but mostly unsupportive The only thing I liked were half days and that's it.I felt like the first month I was here I wanted to leave immediately. Also the first day in grade seven I wasv picked on.I hope this school improves over the years.

Posted April 28, 2014
I think Chestnut Log is overall a good school. I have been very pleased with the teachers, not so much with the principal. There is serious room for improvement with communication and improving academics for all students. I have lots of reservations about this school early on but the teachers have really changed my view. My son has grown academically very well. The teachers also have a very good reputation in the county for preparing the students for programs like IB and regular high school. Thanks to the teachers!

Posted April 28, 2014
Our school is struggling and we all need to pull together to let our kids know just bcs they are in middle school, we haven't forgotten about them or the fact that they still need us . Let's all pull together and make our schools safe and let's be proud to send our children there each day . Let's help them succeed and prosper for the years they have ahead of them.

Chestnut Log Middle School 5

Posted April 26, 2014
This school will be where my grandchildren will attend. Looking forward to being involved in the daily activities.

Posted January 08, 2014
The Write Night is a great program. I think it provides everything the students will need to be successful in writing/creating there papers. This technique should be encourage nationwide to assist other student who struggle with writing.

Posted January 08, 2014
Chestnut Log has done a good job of responding to my needs and requests as a parent when I have concerns regarding my son's academics. His teachers are awesome and have gone above and beyond the call of duty to assure me that they value his success in school as much as I do. While Chestnut Log wasn't my first choice of a middle school for my son, I have been pleasantly surprised as the quality staff and attention that is given to my student and his academics. The parent involvement nights, as well as the Champs afterschool enrichment program has really helped both me and my son and given him the confidence and assurance that he needs in order to achieve success in school.

Chestnut Log Middle School 5

Posted October 28, 2013
I love this school. More parents need to get involved in helping not fussing. Great staff. They all work hard to help the kids. Love the PTSA they fo beyond the call of duty for everyone. Need more schools like this one

Chestnut Log Middle School 0

Posted May 27, 2013
My son is in 6th grade and since day one he has been bullied.he even got stabbed in the arm with a pencil.the boy who done it only got I.S.S for maybe 3 days.several of the teachers are mean to the kids and when a kid thats bein bullied tries to tell a teacher the teacher doesnt listen or doesnt do any thing about it.I HATE THIS SCHOOL!EVERY THING ABOUT IT IS AWFUL!! The kids dont even hardly mind the bus drivers .

Chestnut Log Middle School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
They don't know how to work with a special kids. The principal don't like to talk with the parent. Really bad experience!!

Posted October 24, 2012
Have had 4 children at CLMS. No real complaints about the teaching but the theft issue is unreal. My children have had cell phones, multiple agendas, countless notebooks and even lunches stolen. Where are the teachers when kids are stealing everything that isn't nailed down?

Chestnut Log Middle School
2544 Pope Rd, Douglasville, GA  30135
Last modified Chestnut Log Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chestnut Log Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top