No rating

Arlington Christian School

Private | K-12

Living in Fairburn

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted January 23, 2014

Great job, ACS! As a parent who has watched the transition of this school through the last few years I must say that you are hitting the mark these days. The new staff coupled with past staff show a new and devoted interest in the development and education of these students. The positive atmosphere is contagious and we are excited to partner with you. A great school, great price, great mission! (PS: The addition of band for upper school was perfect timing!)

Posted August 8, 2013

I am a returning student, and am SO excited about returning. All that wasn't so great about Arlington is gone. I met some new teachers at open house and they are awesome! Plus, a new head of school that has been a teacher and principal here. She is one of the main reasons I wanted to come back. The friendships I have made here mean SO much to me!

Posted February 14, 2013

Of the three private Christian schools our son attended from kindergarten through high school graduation, Arlington was by far the best fit. Small in size (under 400 for most of his time there) but BIG in heart and atmosphere, Arlington is a great blend of people from diverse backgrounds. The racial mix among students and families was very attractive to us as well. And a great value for the tuition cost as! (Check out other SACS accredited private schools in the area and you'll see what I mean.) Definitely worth your time to check into.

Posted February 14, 2013

My children have attended Arlington since elementary. Arlington has a great learning environment with loving and caring teachers and staff. I have no doubt they are and will be well prepared upon graduation. I have also spoken to students that graduated from Arlington who went on to college and was pleased to know that they felt that Arlington prepared them beyond what they needed to succeed in college.

Posted January 11, 2013

This school is amazing. My daughter loves Arlington. We have never felt such a warm family atmosphere. The love of Christ is alive and active at Arlington. My daughter scored 92 % higher than other children her age on her PSAT. So not only is she getting the Bible background that she needs to navigate this world but she will be more than academically prepared. Do not hesitate to enroll your child at Arlington. You will not regret it.

Posted November 25, 2012

We recently visited Arlington Christian School, and we were very impressed with the facility, teachers, and administration. There is strong prescence of love, family, and diversity. Arlington is a great representation of our world. I admire the leadership and determination to lead our children into the future, prepared.

Posted September 21, 2012

Arlington lacks strong leadership at every level. If you are looking for a school with a strong academic program, fine arts focus, and an open, Christian atmosphere, make sure you do your research.....Arlington is Christian in name only.

Posted July 9, 2012

Christian is just a name on a board. Teachers are average at best--nice people with good intentions, but academically lacking and burned out. Fine arts are virtually non-existent. Heavy influence of Church of Christ, though they claim a non-denominational status. Chapel songs are acapella as they do not support instrumentation. Lots of schools out there in this price range, with better education, teachers, and arts. Do your research!

Posted May 2, 2012

Arlington Christian School need to take the Christian from their name. The elementary part of the school is great but when it comes to the middle school it lacks a lot. Education is not up to par. The teachers need to attend continue education courses. There is a lot more that goes on there that I have not mention. All I have to say is do your RESEARCH. I would not recommend this school.

Posted October 22, 2011

Our son started ACS his Jr. year. He says it is the best decision he has made. He only wishes he had started sooner.The teachers and coaches geniunely care about the students and want what is best for them. Most teachers at ACS have a master's degree and alot of experience. They challenge the students to do their personal best in every aspect of their lives. The Christian environment is awesome. I would recommend ACS to anyone who values personal relationships and a small environment.

Posted October 28, 2010

Arlington is not as good as expected. We have been at this school for a number of years with our children and quite honestly have watched this once proud school for so many years fall to a average to in some cases below avergae school. They have recently put an emphasis on sporting programs. This has led to a demise in the schools culture. Arlington Christian School is just a name. "Christian" should be dropped. They now award students based on the size of their parent's check book and have started to give scholarships to atheletes. We have been thinking of leaving the school at the end of the semester. It was a hard decision for us to come back to begin this year. The "IN' crowd run everything and get all the awards regardless merit. I is disheartening to see what has become of this once great school

Posted August 28, 2010

Academically, ACS prepared both my children exceptionally well for college. My youngest took various AP courses and, due to excellent delivered instruction, passed the corresponding AP tests with flying colors. ACS' Science and Math departments are unequaled. All teachers and staff are nurturing, loving, and kind. The entire community are "family" and work for the betterment of all enrolled. An amazing degree of parental involvement exists for a school this size, and, due to its smaller size, all children are encouraged to try things they normally wouldn't be able to in a larger publicschool. However, the best thing about ACS is that they are trying to educate all enrolled for eternity, training them to love God and their fellow man. The love shown here was worth all the tuition I spent on my children over 17 years.

Posted September 17, 2009

I have a niece and nephew attending Arlington. I am glad they are getting a wonderful education, plus sports and religion. They will be an asset to society one day!

Posted July 19, 2009

Arlington Christian School has been a an excellent experience for my children. They are well loved and respected there. The board is Church of Christ but the school is non-denominational. go visit the school and you will see why the children love it. Sports-good-2nd year football team, basketball teams won state.

Posted August 9, 2008

Teachers actually care about the well-being, both academic and spiritual, of the student; Top notch academic departments; Social promotion is not practiced; high parent involvement; students have a great opportunity at this school to try things they'd never get to in a larger, more competitive setting

Posted February 25, 2008

I went to ACS my freshman and senior year and I loved both experiences. Mrs. Edwards took my appreciation for poetry & literature to a whole new level - a gift I'll treasure forever. Before I start listing stories and sharing memories, I'll sum it up - I felt encouraged, supported, and intellectually challenged by all of the instructors at Arlington and would recommend this school to anyone who has a child with a desire to learn, achieve, and to soar. Go Eagles.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 9, 2008

Dont send your child to this school. Honestly, i graduated from here and it truly wasnt the best. It was horrible and most of the teachers their are Church of Christ. They are extremely strict and try to punish the least of things. A lot of times they have coach's teaching classes and if you want that just go for free to the local public school. Arlingtons a joke.

Posted February 17, 2005

This has been my son & daughter's first year at Arlington. They both came here from another christian school in the area where they both had less than average grades. Since they have been at Arlington they both had been on the honor roll. Not only have their grades improved but they both are happy here which means alot too. They are happy and smiling when I pick them up and they don't dread going to school. The teachers have all been very nice and helpful. And the students here made my kids feel welcomed from the start. I highly recommend the school.

Posted December 9, 2004

ACS is a great learning enviornment for students of all ages. I should know because i'm a 94 graduate.The first time i actually realized how lucky i was to recieve an education from ACS was in my first year of college at UWG. I could clearly see that i was a step ahead of most of my peers. I have nothing but the fondest of memories of ACS. I try to thank my parents everytime i can for the sacrifices they made to give me the finest education around. ACS is an amazing learning instution. Your children are the most important things in your life. Please give them the opportunity for a quality education! Clint Gill, Class of 1994.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 22, 2004

Arlington has a good social setting but the academics programs are of a low average. I felt that Arlington didn't challenge my child to her very best. Also they set her back to the level they felt she should be on. For example, she had to take an admissions test to be accepted and she scored very high in the mathematics section. In her previous school she was in High School Algebra while in the 6th grade. Arlington, however, despite her high scores on the admissions test, was sent back to the middle school mathematics. I fought with the school to place her in the correct program. After a month or so, they finally agreed to put her in Pre-Algebra. This was very disappointing to me and made me wonder whether or not the school was interested in my child's intelligence. Within the next year, she was removed.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • NCSA
Fax number
  • (770) 306-3630

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious