Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is horrible!! I would advise every parent not to send your child to this school. RMS has had a new principal every school year, it's unorganized, new principal is not visible or available for parents and students and it's not a good learning environment.

After reading all of the comments. I must agree with everything that is said. However, I see that many of you have failed to mention one key factor to the condition of the school, your child and your parenting style. Most of the teachers care about student achievement, yet find it difficult to teach direspectful children and cringe and the thought of talking to their disrespectful and unconcerned parents. Parental support is not present at all, unless they are coming to curse out a teacher about things that are irrelevant to education, example: cellphones! Parents before we can judge, complain, or place any adult at fault for your childs education you must take a look in the mirror and point the finger at ourselves. PARENTS WE ARE ABSENT AND OUR CHILDREN NEEDS US FIRST!

This school gets a 0 rating. This school absolutely SUCKS, no one keeps you informed about anything. You find things out from the child and by then it's too late. I just hope I can get my kids into a better school next school year. If any parent read these reviews before you move into the area or before you register your child to go to Renaissance Middle School, please take heed to the negative reviews.

I am a student at Renaissance Middle School. I have to say that the school is a zoo. The students talk about stuff they don't need to talk about. They talk about gangs, boy's private parts, and stuff like that. The students get into fights like everyday. So you thinking about sending your child to Renaissance. DON'T! You and your child is going to regret it. Thank for reading my review. P.S. the school food is nasty. From: Renaissance Student

I actually attend this school. Honestly, I would not recommend this school to anyone who cares about the education of their children. I am actually ashamed at times to say that I go to this school. The teachers cannot control their classes and the kids rule the school. I think the problem is that the teachers are afraid of the kids and our new principal to speak out.

6th grade at this school was the worst year for my child. She was bullied constantly because she came from homeschool, her phone was stolen and the teachers and the school guard did nothing about it. There are fights almost every day! One fight happend in the middle of class and the student almost boke the other's neck. There are only a few good teachers but most of them are subs. One time a teacher called a student out of her name. My daughter was nervous about going to school everyday. Because of the lack of teacher obsevation, other students would always trying to pick fights with her saying she was a teacher's pet. I do not recoment enrolling your child/student here.

I am current first year parent and have learned that the reviews about the inefficiency at this school are accurate. The administrative staff are never available, it takes an act of congress to meet with the principal or assistant principal. The administration are always away from the school. Several teachers are unqualified to teach and can't teach, yet they hold teacher titles in key subjects like Math. One of the front office personal are extremely rude and non professional. The school also finds creative ways to penalize the students for youthful occurence, but have yet to be that creative with enhancing and expanding the learning environment. The strain of parent participation I believe is preempted by the negative experiences with administration and staff. The staff especially Ms. Nelson considers themselves leading the school by their unnecessary penitentiary style leadership. I feel the staff is here just for a paycheck not to nurture,educate, encourage, or enhance the students. I have never experienced such negative effects of a school environment until I enrolled my scholar into this school. This school should be one used on the school to prison pipeline referendum.

I went to this school for a year and a half before I moved to a much better school in California. This school was very terrible. I was one of the advanced students and I was on the "MAT" team. All of the "smart" kids like me were separated from the rest of the 8th graders. The staff is rude and unnecessarily strict and very quick to judge. The only reason I enjoyed school is because I was a cheerleader, which was quite awesome. I do not recommend this school.

Parents please, I beg you expore all your options before sending your child to this school. It will be a negative impact on your child. Too much wrong to go into detail. It begins with who is in charge and works down. There are some good teachers but not nearly enought to compensate for all of the other poor and lacking areas. I have NEVER been this displeased in any school with my children.

I experienced one year at Renaissance Middle School, which was enough time for me to form an opinion on quality and leadership. Parents, students, and teachers lacked genuin and dependable leadership from the principle. Most days, she was away from school and school problems. Conflicts were delegated rather than handled by her. She implemented programs/expectation, yet, never enforced works to ensure success. Teachers transition out like they changed socks, often. Class instruction was neither innovative nor creative. Teachers didn't assign homework. Kids were not adequately prepared for the Sate's standardized test though the curriculum was test targeted. The school failed to met the Annual Yearly Progress (AYP). Some teachers, front office staff, and dean of students carried out thier duties with anger and incompentent. Other teachers were professionally qualified. Unfortunately, students self discipline was always a problem.

Last modified Renaissance Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.