Counterpane School 0

Posted July 28, 2007
I observe private and public school classrooms as a part of my work life and have never seen an environment as wonderful as Counterpane Montessori. The physical space, the materials, and most importantly each and every staff member make it a place where children feel safe to explore and succeed. More importantly, in our current society's culture where failure is seen as weakness, Counterpane assures that your child will see failure because of the vast opportunities, so they know how to accept it, learn from it, and forge on, in spite of it. The academics are beyond what is taught it typcial schools. They are deeper and richer in experience and comprehension. The type of adults that are created are the ones you want as your friends, your co-workers, and your leaders for the future.

Posted March 03, 2007
My daughter is 3 years old and the level of education is phenominal. She can sound out three letter words, count to 100, recognize her continents, as well as the 50 States of America. At the last teacher/parent conference, my daughter's teacher showed me some of the things they were working on that included visual algebra and geometry. Take a tour for yourself. It is phenominal!

Posted March 07, 2005
- a former student

Posted July 29, 2004
- a former student
In my four years of high school at Counterpane, I gathered that its greatest asset is the freedom of each student to learn self-discipline in an environment that not only fosters creativity and individuality but also one that sanctions a sense of pride and esteem in one's work. I was able to study events, people, and ideas that were of interest solely to me and encouraged on a daily basis to acquire the most value possible from each project. My teachers and I communicated and interacted daily about my progress - as each teacher at Counterpane does; it creates a teacher-student relationship based on student accountability and responsibility. Simply put, students learn from day one that they are the most valuable determiner of the value of their education. At Counterpane, they are provided with an opportunity to ascertain their own.

Counterpane School