Grovetown, GA

Grovetown Middle School 3

Posted July 31, 2014
if you live in the area where the school is located it is a good school to go to teachers are fairly nice and the I don't agree with the curriculum that you have to do it but that's my concern because I went through my 6th grade year and I had a fairly great experience and it was great that's all hope you have a Goodyear at GTMS Grovetown middle school.

Posted July 31, 2013
Grovetown Middle was an awesome school. I loved the teachers, principal, and the environment. My daughter attended 6th grade and was very active in sports. We are relocating , but Grovetown Middle will truly be missed!!!

Posted January 04, 2012
My daughter and our family have found this school, teachers, and principal to be wonderful! The Principal is VERY understanding and cooperative.

Posted December 01, 2011
We LOVE the school. The teachers are great! My son had to miss a week and a half of school because he was sick and some of his teachers took the time to call me to check on him and were very helpful with all of his makeup work. I am so happy with the school! We love Grovetown Middle School!!!!

Grovetown Middle School 3

Posted April 22, 2011
I go to this school, and I have to say that it isn't that great. There is a teacher I had that did not do much at all to explain anything to us, and had us work on useless projects he did not even grade. Another teacher had us making booklets for everything we learned, and also did not explain well. The student council is not allowed to do much at all for the school, and some of the staff, particularly those in the office, are rude to students. As for clubs and activities, there are sports, art club, academic club, and student council. So, unless you really want to go to GTHS, I would not move into this school's zoning.

Posted March 21, 2011
My daughter is in 7th grade and has an IEP. The teachers (male and female) at GMS are very supportive to my daughters needs and see to it that I am well informed of her progress. This year they have provided free before and after school tutoring w/ transportation home and they have as many clubs as any other school in the area. We are a millitary family and chose to live off base because we wanted our kids to go to Columbia County. We are very pleased with the school as a whole and will be sad to leave it next year. We have moved a lot and I have to say this is mine and my daughters favorite school so far.

Grovetown Middle School 0

Posted May 15, 2009
I would just like to clarify that Grovetown Middle School has 2 male 7th grade teachers, 1 male 8th grade teacher, and 5 male connection teachers. Also, Grovetown Middle has atleast 13 teachers that are 35 or younger, so we are not all old. We are also making AYP year after year. Our teachers are some of the most dedicated and hard working in the county.

Grovetown Middle School 1

Posted May 12, 2009
My daughter is currently going to Grovetown Middle School and I will have to tell you that this school is terrible!! We are a military family and we moved from Richmond County to Columbia County thinking that the school is 'supposedly' better, but it is not particularly at Grovetown Middle. They have a new Principle who does nothing when it comes to the way the teachers run their class room. My daughter is in the sixth grade and I have had troubles with the teachers as well as the curriculum since day one. All of the teachers are older and set in their ways, there is a lack of diversity in this school, there are only 3 minority teachers in the whole school, no male teachers which is odd being that this is a military community. I have more to say so email me if you like...

Grovetown Middle School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
This is a very good school. The teachers are nice and really try to help you. There are lots of clubs for students to join and activities that make school a little more fun. Any child is bound to get a good education here.

Posted February 08, 2008

Grovetown Middle School
5463 Harlem Grovetown Rd, Grovetown, GA  30813
Last modified Grovetown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grovetown Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top