Hahira Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted March 13, 2011

The asst principal gave my son ISS for defending himself. He was not the instigator. This kid has done this atleast twice before! Where are the adults? The coach wouldn't even listen to my kid when he tried to tell him what happened. Maybe if the would take a zero tolerance with the bullies then the good kids wouldn't have to defend nor "fend" for themselves! Poor leadership!

Posted February 16, 2011

Honestly I have had my good times and bad times with Hahira Middle. Almost half of the seventh grade got sent to alternative school or YDC. There are students that do drugs and smoke cigarettes. The academics are good but if the student body as a whole is just preposterous.

Posted August 29, 2009

i was a former student my name is ashley hardeman and out of the 3 middle schools i attended hahira was the very best. i miss all the great teachers and they really made learning more fun for me and help every student that needs it overall it is a great school

Posted February 17, 2009

I am currently an 8th grader at Hahira Middle School. I have been here for three years, and I too, have my likes and dislikes about the school. Yes, the seventh and eighth grade lockers are too small, but sixth grade has bigger books than we do. they can't take their bookbags around with them either, but seventh and eighth graders can. So it's not that big of an issue. Lunch on the other hand, is not the best. i know our lunch ladies work hard, but the lunches aren't so swell. Some of the teachers talk about the students having bad attitudes, well some of the teachers do too. Our school has become a school of excellency, and a lighthouse school. I wouldn't say my school is horrible, but i wouldn't say it was over the top either. But it is still my school, and i love it.

Posted November 27, 2008

I too, dislike Hahira Middle. Even though the gym has air conditioning, the school is too crowded. The lockers are too small and the school is very dirty. I've been there for 1 year and this is my 2nd year there. The teachers are okay, but the students are the most terrible bunch I've ever seen. Most are rude and breaks the rules alot without the teacher knowing. they are also pretty good liars. They never leave their cellphones be too. They always text when they are not supposed too. And the do it alot during connections!!! Now, we are getting uniforms and that is a real issue. Especially in the South. The school needs to lose half of it's students.

Posted September 9, 2008

I just recently relocated to the local Air Force Base here in town, and I enrolled my daughter yesterday in 8th grade. Of course I don't know much about the school yet, but I did want to make mention that the front office staff and teachers I encountered were very welcoming and polite. So far so good!

Posted August 11, 2008

Both my children attended Hahira Middle School - as good as a private school any day of the week!!! Safe school, safe town.

Posted October 14, 2007

I do not like Hahira Middle School this is my second year here and I hate it. The air conditioner in the gym does not work, the coaches have put in two big fans to cool the students off. The lockers for seventh and eighth grade are two small. I cannot even fit my tote bag in my locker. The school takes in to many kids, just recently we received 5 students from West Side. In one of my classes I do not even get to take my book home because the school does not have enough money to buy everyone a book. Over all I cannot wait to go to high school and leave Hahira Middle School.

Posted August 14, 2007

This is a fantastic school that is innovative in teaching and cares about students. When you walk in the hallways and observe students in class you see that students are well behaved and actively engaged in learning activities. The standards and expectations for student behavior and learning are high in this school. Check out their CRCT Scores - they speak for themselves. This is one of the top middle schools in Georgia. They received the 2007 School of Excellence Award.

Posted August 10, 2007

My daughter attended 6-8th grades at HMS and I have to say that they were probably the worst years of her life. The school is a totally unacceptable safe place for kids. I agree with another poster, the teachers care more about how high above the knee shorts/skirts are or if shirts are tucked in than they do about actually teaching or protecting children. They go to the school to teach their class & get out as soon as possible after school is over. They don't stay after to help kids. The smarter kids are in classes that are not challenging. I'm sorry to say that my youngest daughter is now attending HMS and I'm afraid of what her experience will be like.

Posted July 23, 2007

Even know I'm a student I love this school especially all of the extracurricular activities. I hope other students love this school, too

Posted July 21, 2007

hey i really love this school.

Posted June 7, 2006

My daughter attended 2005-2006 7th grade. This was her worst year of school ever, and it seemed the principal or certain faculty were not interested in helping a struggling student. I hate to say this, but it seems if a student's grades were low and not of an ethnic minority - no one cared.

Posted May 17, 2006

I was really impressed with Hahira Middle School. My daughter went there for the 04-05 school year and 1/4 of the 05-06 school year until we moved overseas. Hahira is a great school. They have a great educational program along with the teachers. They have so many extra-cirricular programs to offer the kids. If I ever moved back there I would put my kids back in there in a split second. My daugheter was involved in the band there and absolutely loved it.

Posted May 11, 2006

We have been very pleased with Hahira Middle School. Great leadership,excellent teachers,very active band program.

Posted March 30, 2005

This is my son's first year at Hahira. We are military and we transfered from Colorado. He is in 6th grade and wants to stay at this school forever. He loves his classes, his teachers, and his new friends that he has made...Thanks to all the faculty and staff for taking the time to make all students feel welcome, but it seems that at HMS they truly understand the transitions that affect the military child. Again, thank you!

Posted March 24, 2005

This is my daughter's first year at Hahira, and I have to say that it may be her last. The teachers at this school are more concerned about whether the student's shorts are the proper distance from their knee & whether their pants hang too far over their shoes. We've talked with the counselor and nothing's been done. I just spent 45 minutes with my daughter crying, telling me she doesn't feel safe at this school. I would rather homeschool her where I can KNOW that she's safe and that her needs are being met. If nothing gets done about this soon, she will not be going back to HMS next year.

Posted March 12, 2005

My son is in 8th grade at Hahira and it has been a wonderful experience for him. The thing I would like to comment on the most is his wonderful teachers. He has simply learned so much this year. They encourage my involvement and keep my well informed. This is his first year here and has adjusted wonderfully! Keep up the excellent work!

Posted May 18, 2004

I have had three daughters attend Hahira Middle School. Each child received caring attention from her teachers. The school is kept clean, and the students and teachers have great pride in their physical building and enhancement programs. The curriculum is regularly revised to adhere to state curriculum guides. There are an ample number of extracurricular programs in which the students may choose to participate. Many people in the county purposely buy their homes in the Hahira area in order to get their children into this school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

250 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

253 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

260 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

281 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

277 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

281 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

284 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

284 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

252 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

254 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

253 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

258 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

284 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

101 S Nelson St