Hampton, GA
Students enrolled: 2,341

Posted May 06, 2015
Administration worse than the children. My children will NEVER go to this school again! I think I hate it more than they do. Really sad the way they treat the kids like criminals... this school need help!

Posted April 15, 2015
I sub at this school and it was the worst experience ever. I have sub at other schools in clayton Co and had a nice experience. I subbed in other schools over metro atlanta and in other states and always looked forward to going back but I will never work at lovejoy again. The students are rude and undisciplined and disrespectful. And the staff was not helpful, the teachers looked stressed unhappy and hopeless. I wouldn't sub or teach there ever again

Posted April 03, 2014
LJHS is not a good school at all, they don't communicate with the parents or the students to let them know if they are on track for graduation and they don't care about the safety of their kids. The moral is very high. Their counselor are terrible. When you go in to speak to them about your child, they want you to stand up behind the counter to talk to them. You have one that got it bad, cause she don't like anybody to come in her office. She act if she's to pretty to talk in her office. The office clerk is rude. Only thing that is good is the IB program. It seems like they focus on sports only.

Posted October 03, 2013
LoveJoy High School. I am willing to change my address so that I will not be in this schools' district. TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION. These faciliators have DR in front of their names and it makes me wonder... WHY???? and are they above the possitions that they have.? They sure act as though they are

Lovejoy High School 3

Posted August 26, 2013
Lovejoy High is in need to have organizational skills, to this date schedules are not completed, books and materials are still missing in action, and the students are not guided well in what courses to take. Too many students are retaking tests and those students that do homeworks and projects are done on time, teachers give extended time to those that do no them on time in order to look good. Grades are not given correctly as all works and are not graded on time or completely checked. I feel teachers and administrarors need more supervision of how teaching is done, grading, and managing students who are in need of reviewing, reteaching, and being mentors. There is a great need in the ways information is provided to all parents. I do not see multi languages materials and workshops with guidance counselors, administration, or parent liasion. I feel students do not have equal opportunities. We need to unite as a village. There's a need for more college connections to mentor our students.

Posted October 28, 2012
I am a senior International Baccalaureate student at Lovejoy and I've thoroughly enjoyed all four years at this school. I know that there are low ratings because of basically, behavioral problems and the few teachers that do their job for themselves and not the students. Lovejoy is the best school in clayton county, hands down, in regards to academics and behavior. It has challenging academic programs( for those who wish to participate in them), strong leadership, and good teachers. Every school has its downfalls. I know Lovejoy can get a little roudy at times, but the student body always manages to bounce back. I'm proud to be a graduate from THIS school and not any other.

Posted March 17, 2012
The principal as well as one of the administrators, and a guidance counselor that I've dealt with have the tendency to push responsibilities off onto someone else so they can wipe their hands clean. They are very unprofessional and uncaring of the students all in all. They're too busy with whatever else to try to rectify an issue with one student. They take their time responding to parents, sometimes after repeated calls, notes sent to them I still had to go to the school just to get a small issue taken care of on one occasion. Horrible School Leader Need To Lead!!!

Lovejoy High School 4

Posted October 01, 2009
Instructor are involved and keep me informed as to the progress of my student

Posted August 29, 2009
I'm an 11th grade student in the IB program at Lovejoy, and I have to say I am truly enjoying my experience at LHS. This year we have an excellent principal, Mr. Colbert (and I would know because I had him in middle school) as opposed to our previous principal. As far as safety is concerned, I think students are just fine if they're in the right crowd. Everyone is really kind, and if you're a new student, you'll fit right in on the first day, unlike some other schools that I know. It may not have a whole bunch of money, but we have some quality teachers that can actually teach. I know there are some questionable teachers outside the IB program, but as an IB student, I'm enjoying my time at Lovejoy. I don't know why some people are giving such low ratings, but I love LHS.

Lovejoy High School 3

Posted August 02, 2009
I'm currently a student in the IB program at Lovejoy and while I agree it has its fair share of problems, I do believe it is the best choice for a high school in ClayCo. Without this program though, I would loathe this school. There are many disruptive students and unqualified teachers, but I do think the IB program keeps this school afloat.

Lovejoy High School
1587 McDonough Rd, Hampton, GA  30228
Last modified Lovejoy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lovejoy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top