Hampton, GA
Students enrolled: 1,978

Lovejoy High School 1

Posted October 03, 2013
LoveJoy High School. I am willing to change my address so that I will not be in this schools' district. TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION. These faciliators have DR in front of their names and it makes me wonder... WHY???? and are they above the possitions that they have.? They sure act as though they are

Posted October 28, 2012
I am a senior International Baccalaureate student at Lovejoy and I've thoroughly enjoyed all four years at this school. I know that there are low ratings because of basically, behavioral problems and the few teachers that do their job for themselves and not the students. Lovejoy is the best school in clayton county, hands down, in regards to academics and behavior. It has challenging academic programs( for those who wish to participate in them), strong leadership, and good teachers. Every school has its downfalls. I know Lovejoy can get a little roudy at times, but the student body always manages to bounce back. I'm proud to be a graduate from THIS school and not any other.

Lovejoy High School 1

Posted March 17, 2012
The principal as well as one of the administrators, and a guidance counselor that I've dealt with have the tendency to push responsibilities off onto someone else so they can wipe their hands clean. They are very unprofessional and uncaring of the students all in all. They're too busy with whatever else to try to rectify an issue with one student. They take their time responding to parents, sometimes after repeated calls, notes sent to them I still had to go to the school just to get a small issue taken care of on one occasion. Horrible School Leader Need To Lead!!!

Posted October 25, 2009

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted October 01, 2009
Instructor are involved and keep me informed as to the progress of my student

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted August 29, 2009
I'm an 11th grade student in the IB program at Lovejoy, and I have to say I am truly enjoying my experience at LHS. This year we have an excellent principal, Mr. Colbert (and I would know because I had him in middle school) as opposed to our previous principal. As far as safety is concerned, I think students are just fine if they're in the right crowd. Everyone is really kind, and if you're a new student, you'll fit right in on the first day, unlike some other schools that I know. It may not have a whole bunch of money, but we have some quality teachers that can actually teach. I know there are some questionable teachers outside the IB program, but as an IB student, I'm enjoying my time at Lovejoy. I don't know why some people are giving such low ratings, but I love LHS.

Lovejoy High School 3

Posted August 02, 2009
I'm currently a student in the IB program at Lovejoy and while I agree it has its fair share of problems, I do believe it is the best choice for a high school in ClayCo. Without this program though, I would loathe this school. There are many disruptive students and unqualified teachers, but I do think the IB program keeps this school afloat.

Posted July 09, 2009
lovejoy is the best school my kids have ever went to. I give them a 5 out 5 stars

Lovejoy High School
1587 McDonough Rd, Hampton, GA  30228
Last modified Lovejoy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lovejoy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top