Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 02, 2016
With a new proven principal, North Harlem Elementary continues to focus on the children and their future. I can't say enough great things about this school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 02, 2016
Constant theme and reinforcement of values and ethics throughout the school. Leadership promotes a healthy and safe environment.

Posted August 02, 2016
Teachers and faculty care about the students and their future. This school seems to be the hidden secret in Columbia County Georgia. I can't say enough how much we love this school. Excellent vision, prepares students for their next level, and lesson plans are focused and well presented. Our children receive(d), one now in middle school, all the one on one attention needed. By far the best choice for our children.

Posted April 03, 2015
Staff is great, the teachers are great. The low test scores are a direct reflection of poor parental involvement and socio-economic levels, not because the school is lacking. They dont have a lot but they make what they do have go really far. They genuinely try to provide for whatever the kids need. Most importantly everyone here motivates my child constantly. It is so community oriented and everyone knows everyone by first name. We have not had nor heard of bullying problems, most of the kids are small town respectful, Sirs and ma'ams and holding doors open for one another. If you chose to be active in your child's education they will thrive at NHE.

North Harlem Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2014
I'm not a parent, but I'm a student. I transferred here because my dad is in the army. Sadly I was only here for 5th grade. My brother was in kindergarden. He really liked learning here! I had 4 amazing teachers. I have only had female teachers before so only having one was a change. But it was a good change. To give you a view on how well this school teaches, I got advanced in every subject except social studies, but I still got a high average. I will remember this school for the rest of my life!

Posted April 29, 2014
North Harlem Elem is a great school, all the teacher or excellent and the principle is also excellent

Posted August 22, 2013
We recently moved and transferred two children into North Harlem Elementary from a neighboring school district. I am very impressed and my children are actually challenged to learn for the first time in their school careers.

North Harlem Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
According to the county, Harlem Schools provide the lowest test scores of all the schools in Columbia County. My oldest daughter attended from pre-k through 5th grade and was a straight A student. I think the curriculum is fine, and the low test scores reflect the lack of parent involvement with their children's education.

Posted April 20, 2011
I absolutely Love North Harlem! My Children have been very successful there! MR. Wright is Fantastic with staying on top of things and interacting with each student. My son struggled alot with Pre-k due to never being away from home with day care or anything else. However once he got to Kindergarden he was a brand New child "Thank you Mrs. Arrowood" My daughter is 3rd grade this year and has had some struggles but its nothing for Mrs. Logue to spend 1 on 1 time with her outside of the classroom to make things easier on both of them. "Thank you so much Mrs. Logue" in All staff is Great all the way around. I wouldn't send my lil ones any where else. I know they are always in great hands at North Harlem. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BULL PUPS

Posted April 20, 2011
I have had a great experience with this school. My husband and I (along with our three kids) moved to harlem not that long ago, and we must say we love everything about it. Coming from a very over crowded and politicaly driven school in WA, it has been a very nice pace of change. My daughters teacher (mrs. wilson) has been great in keeping me informed and entertaining my obessiveness when it comes to how my daughter is doing and adjusting to her new environment. Bottom line: Great school with Great teachers!

525 Fairview Dr, Harlem, GA  30814
Last modified North Harlem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.