No rating

Holy Redeemer Catholic School

Private | K-8

Living in Johns Creek

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted yesterday

As a former student of HR, I cannot stress enough the quality education received at Holy Redeemer. I was more than prepared for high school, gaining honors every semester. I will admit that there is a lot of work, but I entered high school far above anyone coming from public school. Every teacher had the student s best interest in mind, and knew how to effectively teach the curriculum. The current principal is extremely involved and dedicated to her position. If you are interested in your child attending Holy Redeemer, please apply. It will be a decision you will not regret.

Posted July 23, 2014

As a parent having a child in this school for the past 4 years going on 5, I give it 5 stars. It has been a great experience all around. Yes, education is rigorous and there is a lot of homework. So is that bad? No, we want our children to be equal to the standards set outside the US. Yes, I adore my child and want her to have a fun childhood, which she does. I also, expect to see her learn and be challenged to learn. I moved from a nearby public school because the curriculum would allow her to get lost and not be focused on learning. I feel everyone here cares about helping kids be the best they can be. There has been a few teachers along the way who may have missed sensitivity training and that not all students will fit the mold, so they need to work a little harder to help them without being negative. I see that in any school though, fortunately most often this is not the case. The principal is fully engaged, what a great experience to see. Cliques form everywhere this is usually due to the parents who sometimes need to let the kids be kids and is a reflection of them, not the children. Again, you see this everywhere. Parents look in the mirror and rate yourselves.

Posted November 11, 2013

Not so much! Moved our child from HR! Boy, are we glad. The term Stepford Wives comes to mind when describing HR. Excessive amount of homework and no time for a child to be a child. One Mom quipped, "If you can get through this it will be worth it!" Very cliquish and just not a fun place to be. As a product of 16 years of Catholic school I am appalled!

Posted August 29, 2013

Holy Redeemer is a Catholic school with strong academics and a loving community. The parents are caring and volunteer many, many hours with the school community. All the students are involved in service projects to help the community around our school. I have had my children in other schools and this one is the best to help me raise loving, conscientious, academically-challenged children.

Posted August 17, 2013

Also our school is NOT very cliquish. The people that are in my grade are my closest best friends, whether they came in Kindergarten or last year, it does not matter. Everyone is treated equally and everyone is taught and cared for the same. Also, our school has an amazing sports variety. I have ran cross country for three years, swam on the swim team, and played golf. Like i said in the last caption, i highly recommend this school.

Posted August 15, 2013

We moved to Georiga in 2012 and have found that Holy Redeemer is so much more academically advanced than my child's previous school! She had some medical/health issues at the beginning of her first year and missed a lot of school, but the staff was so kind and willing to work with her and us to keep her on track and successful! And they were more than willing to make accommodations to help my child manage the health issues. As a matter of fact, they called a meeting with us to suggest ways to help my child.

Posted May 30, 2012

We are new to the school this year and our daughter has had a very good transition to the new school environment. This school boasts outstanding academics. It is a great environment for a bright student who wants to be academically challenged. This year, the middle school Odyssey of the Mind team placed second in the world finals competition- quite an achievement. My only criticism is the lack of ethnic diversity in the student body, which I am hoping the administration will work harder to increase. Nevertheless, we are happy to be in such a warm and caring environment. This small school has a lot to offer and involves a great deal of parental involvement, which helps to enrich the school community. As working parents, my husband and I have both felt there were many opportunities to be involved in the school in ways that were easy to achieve around our work schedules. I would recommend this school for anyone who wants a solid Catholic foundation for their child and also a rigorous academic curriculum.

Posted February 22, 2012

We have had 9 years history with Holy Redeemer. Our three oldest all attended this school. Last year we had to move out of state. We all knew the school was good but now my children also are very appreciative of everything they have received through this school. Holy Redeemer has a rigorous academic standard, is spiritually charged and faithful to ALL the Catholic Church teachings. The new principal was also formally the spiritual director at the school and takes a sincere and heartfelt interest in each student and each family. We are happy to be back in this school and thank God every day for the gift of this school and church community.

Posted July 13, 2011

The April and June 2011 reviewers rate this school low, simply because both of their children did NOT get in... ridiculous. These parents are obviously judging the school out of malice, because they were rejected. HR is a top rated, "Blue Ribbon" school, with high expectations in performance and morals. Though it might not be a perfect fit for everyone, those for which it is, receive a high quality education, with teacher, administration, and other parent support you rarely find elsewhere. And yes it is hard to get into, but then again so is Harvard.

Posted June 23, 2011

We recently relocated from a private school in PA where academic standards as well as kindness and morals prevailed. I am both a teacher and parent and I have a child who maintained high honors and academic excellence in school but is an average standard test taker. She was on her way to attending Holy Redeemer when she received low language arts scores and was denied entry. I am appalled at the narrow mindnessess and lack of "educating" of Holy Redeemer. I would NOT recommend anyone look into attending this school. Shame on them for not looking at the whole child and doing what they are hired to do--TEACH!

Posted April 26, 2011

Something wrong is going on at this school. No diversity and lack of experience with multilingual children also. The Georgia Catholic representatives should keep an eye on how things are being run at this school.

Posted March 27, 2011

We have been at Holy Redeemer Catholic School for 9 years and realize how blessed we are to have our 3 children educated in an environment that insists on academic excellence while supporting and developing their spiritual growth and love for God. The encouragement they receive as well as the support given to our family during times of loss and illness is immeasurable. We truly do thank God for Holy Redeemer! The best foundation and investment you can make for your children!

Posted January 1, 2010

I am the parent of 3 children at Holy Redeemer and I love the school and support the administration and teachers one hundred percent. The staff is dedicated to the best outcome for each student, the service and worship opportunities are wonderful and the parent involvement excellent. The staff knows each of my children as individuals, and are able to support their particular strengths and weaknesses. This is not a school for the faint of heart. It is academically rigorous and demands involvement. I have been nothing but thankful for the opportunity to attend there.

Posted September 17, 2009

The mission statement purports to establish an environment rooted in Christian principles. Neither the students nor the staff are interested in living up to the principle of kindness, friendship, etc. Unless you start as a kindergartener, it is hard to break into the 'exclusivity.' This is heartbreaking for a student and disappointing to a parent.

Posted April 2, 2008

Holy Redeemer is an Academically Outstanding school with a solid foundation for Catholicism. The new principal is fantastic, the teachers are caring and loving, in fact many are parents of HR students. I would absolutely recommend this school.

Posted September 10, 2007

My children currently attend Holy Redeemer. There has been a change in principals, the new staff is not disclosing any financial information, there are several parent meetings going on, and SACS is due to come soon for a visit. Things are not looking very good at this time.

Posted April 12, 2007

We have three children who have attended this outstanding school. It is well-worth the expense to attend this highly-academic, Catholic school. It is everything you want for your kids academically, technologically and community service oriented. This school focuses on turning students into smart, caring people who want to make a difference. My boys and daughter all loved this school. They are now excelling in High School.

Posted October 2, 2006

I have 2 children presently enrolled in the school and my oldest child is a gratuate. Holy Redeemer is a K-8 catholic school with a vigorous curriculum. The teachers have an average of 12 yrs. experience. Over 75% hold masters degrees. The turnover rate among the faculty is less than 1%. Holy Redeemer's test scores are among the best in the nation. The focus in the primary grades is reading with a third teacher who is specialized in reading in K-2. Technology is advanced in the school and includes daily closed circuit tv, interactice whiteboards, a computer lab, mobile carts and faculty laptops. Student service projects are a hallmark of christian life and the mission of the school defines the school as 'a faith-centered community, dedicated to living the principles of the Catholic Tradition rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.' It is an excellent school!

Posted September 8, 2006

I am the parent of an 8th grade boy. I agree, in the past this has been a better than average school for girls. In contrast, it has been a poor experience for my son who has stuck it out. Several of his male classmates have transferred to public schools. Maybe with the change in principel, the learning environment for boys will improve.

Posted August 29, 2006

I believe Holy Redeemer has the potential to be a great school. Now that there has been a change in leadership maybe Holy Redeemer will reach their potential.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Atlanta

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3380 Old Alabama Road