Posted September 15, 2014
My fourth and youngest child is now at Holy Redeemer. The older 3 have gone on to high school and college. I can say from experience that this school prepares their students VERY WELL for high school. My older children felt they were ahead of their peers when they got to high school. If you are thinking of sending your child on to a private or Catholic high school you should consider Holy Redeemer. Be prepared for academic rigor but also for a sound foundation in the Catholic faith. There is a strong sense of community. This school would be a great choice for any Catholic family.

Posted August 29, 2014
As a former student of HR, I cannot stress enough the quality education received at Holy Redeemer. I was more than prepared for high school, gaining honors every semester. I will admit that there is a lot of work, but I entered high school far above anyone coming from public school. Every teacher had the student s best interest in mind, and knew how to effectively teach the curriculum. The current principal is extremely involved and dedicated to her position. If you are interested in your child attending Holy Redeemer, please apply. It will be a decision you will not regret.

Posted July 23, 2014
As a parent having a child in this school for the past 4 years going on 5, I give it 5 stars. It has been a great experience all around. Yes, education is rigorous and there is a lot of homework. So is that bad? No, we want our children to be equal to the standards set outside the US. Yes, I adore my child and want her to have a fun childhood, which she does. I also, expect to see her learn and be challenged to learn. I moved from a nearby public school because the curriculum would allow her to get lost and not be focused on learning. I feel everyone here cares about helping kids be the best they can be. There has been a few teachers along the way who may have missed sensitivity training and that not all students will fit the mold, so they need to work a little harder to help them without being negative. I see that in any school though, fortunately most often this is not the case. The principal is fully engaged, what a great experience to see. Cliques form everywhere this is usually due to the parents who sometimes need to let the kids be kids and is a reflection of them, not the children. Again, you see this everywhere. Parents look in the mirror and rate yourselves.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 1

Posted November 11, 2013
Not so much! Moved our child from HR! Boy, are we glad. The term Stepford Wives comes to mind when describing HR. Excessive amount of homework and no time for a child to be a child. One Mom quipped, "If you can get through this it will be worth it!" Very cliquish and just not a fun place to be. As a product of 16 years of Catholic school I am appalled!

Posted August 29, 2013
Holy Redeemer is a Catholic school with strong academics and a loving community. The parents are caring and volunteer many, many hours with the school community. All the students are involved in service projects to help the community around our school. I have had my children in other schools and this one is the best to help me raise loving, conscientious, academically-challenged children.

Posted August 17, 2013
Also our school is NOT very cliquish. The people that are in my grade are my closest best friends, whether they came in Kindergarten or last year, it does not matter. Everyone is treated equally and everyone is taught and cared for the same. Also, our school has an amazing sports variety. I have ran cross country for three years, swam on the swim team, and played golf. Like i said in the last caption, i highly recommend this school.

Posted August 15, 2013
We moved to Georiga in 2012 and have found that Holy Redeemer is so much more academically advanced than my child's previous school! She had some medical/health issues at the beginning of her first year and missed a lot of school, but the staff was so kind and willing to work with her and us to keep her on track and successful! And they were more than willing to make accommodations to help my child manage the health issues. As a matter of fact, they called a meeting with us to suggest ways to help my child.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School 2

Posted February 26, 2013
We transferred to this school for one year b/c our commute to another Catholic school was 45 minutes and HR was close to home. Needless to say, we sold our home to move closer to our former school after one year at HR. If you've never been elsewhere, HR may seem like a great school. You will get a great education, but there are so many things missing to educate a child. Some of the parents were not very welcoming, nor their children. Most of the events at the school catered to the adults and were not focused on the students. I did not have any warm, fuzzy feelings dropping my child off in the morning and he didn't either. Some kids could be bullies, a lot really needed work on their manners, and the counselors' office didn't have many programs to encourage a no place for hate school or challenges of kindness. Several of us parents actually met with administrators about some things regarding dress down days and the cost to do everything, which can exclude some children. The lack of compassion was shocking. So many examples, but the ridiculous loss of a wonderful kindergarten teacher and boozy parents in a popularity contest at the gala was enough to put us over the edge.

Posted May 30, 2012
We are new to the school this year and our daughter has had a very good transition to the new school environment. This school boasts outstanding academics. It is a great environment for a bright student who wants to be academically challenged. This year, the middle school Odyssey of the Mind team placed second in the world finals competition- quite an achievement. My only criticism is the lack of ethnic diversity in the student body, which I am hoping the administration will work harder to increase. Nevertheless, we are happy to be in such a warm and caring environment. This small school has a lot to offer and involves a great deal of parental involvement, which helps to enrich the school community. As working parents, my husband and I have both felt there were many opportunities to be involved in the school in ways that were easy to achieve around our work schedules. I would recommend this school for anyone who wants a solid Catholic foundation for their child and also a rigorous academic curriculum.

Posted February 22, 2012
We have had 9 years history with Holy Redeemer. Our three oldest all attended this school. Last year we had to move out of state. We all knew the school was good but now my children also are very appreciative of everything they have received through this school. Holy Redeemer has a rigorous academic standard, is spiritually charged and faithful to ALL the Catholic Church teachings. The new principal was also formally the spiritual director at the school and takes a sincere and heartfelt interest in each student and each family. We are happy to be back in this school and thank God every day for the gift of this school and church community.

Holy Redeemer Catholic School
3380 Old Alabama Road, Johns Creek, GA  30022
Last modified Holy Redeemer Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Redeemer Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top