Posted April 09, 2014
Matt Arthur is a wonderful school! This is my eighth year as a parent here, and for the first time it feels like a community. The number and content of SchoolMessenger calls is perfect, and they always end with and, please tell your knights I said hello. Dr. Rogers supports his entire staff, interacts beautifully with the PTO, and is the ideal role model for the children. His love of children was evident from day one when he stood in the Grand Hall Lobby welcoming them and learning their names. Not only does he smile, but I have also frequently seen him stop to tie shoes, cheer successes, and encourage children for making better choices. As a former teacher of the year from a neighboring state, I would be richly blessed to teach at Matt Arthur with Dr. Rogers as the principal. I m sad to have another child graduating ; however, I am thankful we have the opportunity to school at the castle with Dr. Rogers, Dr. Harrell, and Dr. McDuffie for a few more years with our youngest child.

Posted April 08, 2014
I love this school! I have 2 children (one currently in HS and the other in 4th grade). The teachers are wonderful and the administration is very hands on and caring. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer and be involved at the school. I am truly going to miss it when my child "graduates" next year. Highly recommend Matt Arthur!

Matthew Arthur Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
I am a parent with two children at Matt Arthur Elementary. One child has a very loving, caring, and respectful teacher who is very in tune to the needs of my child. Unfortunately, my other child has a very harsh, demanding, and disrespectful teacher. Going to the principal is a waste of time because the principal does not care about the concerns of the parents. The school has pro's and con's just like every other school has. However, this school could improve tremendously by simply listening to parents concerns and taking them to heart.

Posted February 05, 2014
LOVE MATT ARTHUR....its great for my 8 yr old who has Autism...we have teachers who care about my child and realize that even though she maybe non verbal doesn't mean she doesn't know whats going on. So much better than where she went before. I can't even tell you - its like night/day....so glad we moved our child. GREAT SPEC NEEDS class.

Posted May 14, 2013
I love Matt Arthur!!! The teachers are teaching our children for the future!! They are ver attentive and have good relationships with the children and parents.

Posted September 29, 2012
Love Love Love this school. Teachers, Parents, Administration, and all the support staff are amazing. I would recommend this school to everyone!!

Posted September 29, 2012
We are absolutely pleased with Matt Arthur Elementary School. The principals each care about every student, greet them each morning in the Grand Hall and know them all by name. The teachers are very professional and communicate daily with each parent through the student s agenda and when necessary by e-mail, phone call or in person. The school faculty and volunteers at MAES are there for one reason only; the future of our children. The faculty ensures the best learning environment is provided through safety, caring, and structure. Matt Arthur Mighty Knights Rule!!

Posted September 18, 2012
As a parent and teacher, I adore Matt Arthur Elementary and Dr. Rogers. The transition has been easy. While each new administrator has his or her preferences, Dr. Rogers has really kept the focus on the children. The programs such as Mighty Knights and 5ht grade helpers (previously Dr. Hardin's Helpers - now Dr. Roger's helpers) provide continuity for the children during the transition. Speaking as a parent, I find Dr. Rogers more approachable, more willing to reach out to children and do what is needed to help them, and at least as caring as Dr. Hardin, as wonderful as she is. His door is open, he's genuine in his dealings with parents, children, and employees, and we really can't ask for more. He is certainly an asset to the school. I'm sorry the the PP feels differently, but I have no idea where such feelings come from. The school has gone no where but up since the new appointment.

Posted September 11, 2012
we love Dr Rogers, he is a blessing to us. teacher and staff are all wonderful people. i wouldnt put my child anywhere else. we have the best school!

Posted September 10, 2012
My kids and I love Matt Arthur! The teachers and the entire staff care about the kids and want everyone to succeed. I think the new principal has done a great job and has made the transition easy for the kids, parents, and teachers. Every parent and teacher I have talked to all agree. The atmosphere at the school is the same or better under the new leadership and I can't wait to see what happens in the future. I would definately recommend the school to anyone.

Matthew Arthur Elementary School
2500 Ga Highway 127, Kathleen, GA  31047
Last modified Matthew Arthur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Matthew Arthur Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top