Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Mckendree Elementary School 3

Posted April 24, 2016
Discipline seems to be an issue in some grades more than others. Our children's teachers are very caring. There are lots of PTA nights that are fun, and the Parent Center is helpful. I love the new administrator. She seems really on top of things.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 24, 2016
There are many teachers who are effective, then there are some who practice outdated teaching. I know because I was once a teacher and now stay at home mom, and our family participates in activities outside of school with families in other schools.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted April 24, 2016
If your family is in kahoots with the principal then your child can do no wrong, even if the child gets in fights or steals. Favoritism is obvious, and our children see it.

Mckendree Elementary School 3

Posted April 13, 2016
I will not rate this school as "bad" because I'm sure there are worse schools. We have been at this school for 2 years and have not had a good experience! I have a kindergartener and 4th grader. Communication is terrible! I have a son that has an IEP and communication (in my opinion) is key to his success. There is no communication between the teachers and parents unless the parent reaches out. My daughter (kindergarten) had learned so many cuss words and nothing gets done about it. I am so happy to be switching schools!

Mckendree Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
I have two children entering the 3rd & 1st. Mckendree elementary as far as public schools go is a great school. Both children have attended since kindergarten; I will say I was drastically more impressed with my sons kindergarten teacher than my daughters. Her name was Karen Vigiliotti & she came early to help get his reading above the required level. I was pleased to let the school do "looping" and have Mrs. Vigiliotti as a first grade teacher for my son as well. However,I was not as impressed with my daughters kindergarten teacher at all and it was an opinion shared by MANY of the parents. I wish I would have pulled her. I don't feel it's the teachers sole responsibility to teach OUR children; however when over 75% of the class ( I could tell from the charts in the room throughout the year) is BELOW reading level by year end, I do feel that is a reflection of the teacher. From this years meet and greet I am very optimistic about the 14-15 year. BTW my children attend on a permissive transfer, this is my 4rth year of having to drop them off (no busses for transfer) I choose to do this because of stability and it is an overall good school from the teachers and all staff.

Mckendree Elementary School 4

Posted July 14, 2014
I had good experiences with this school overall. Some things are just apart of the process and because I was involved, I was able to get a good hold on things before they got out of control. Both of my children did great. However, I was very involved. I hope the same for this year.

Posted April 28, 2014
McKendree Elementary School is a great school teachers work hard with the kids and keep parents up to date on a daly bases. Base on they academics and behavior which I love. We have a close relationship with my child's teacher he's great with her and her other teachers. I will recommend anybody to this school

Posted August 02, 2013
McKendree is my child's school. So far, I have been very happy with it and look forward to another good year.

Posted October 03, 2012
My child is in k i so proud of this school because they help him and the teacher are all nice.

Posted March 21, 2012
This is my daughter 2nd year at Mckendree Elementary. Her kindergarden teacher was very caring and supportive about my daughter education she recognize my daughter's potentials. She alway exceeds in each subject. This year she is in the 1st grade and there's not enough words can explain how awesome her teacher this year is. I'm extremely satisfied with the staff members at this school and the academic program.

1600 Riverside Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA  30043
Last modified Mckendree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.