Lawrenceville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,127

Posted August 05, 2014
I have two children entering the 3rd & 1st. Mckendree elementary as far as public schools go is a great school. Both children have attended since kindergarten; I will say I was drastically more impressed with my sons kindergarten teacher than my daughters. Her name was Karen Vigiliotti & she came early to help get his reading above the required level. I was pleased to let the school do "looping" and have Mrs. Vigiliotti as a first grade teacher for my son as well. However,I was not as impressed with my daughters kindergarten teacher at all and it was an opinion shared by MANY of the parents. I wish I would have pulled her. I don't feel it's the teachers sole responsibility to teach OUR children; however when over 75% of the class ( I could tell from the charts in the room throughout the year) is BELOW reading level by year end, I do feel that is a reflection of the teacher. From this years meet and greet I am very optimistic about the 14-15 year. BTW my children attend on a permissive transfer, this is my 4rth year of having to drop them off (no busses for transfer) I choose to do this because of stability and it is an overall good school from the teachers and all staff.

Posted July 14, 2014
I had good experiences with this school overall. Some things are just apart of the process and because I was involved, I was able to get a good hold on things before they got out of control. Both of my children did great. However, I was very involved. I hope the same for this year.

Posted April 28, 2014
McKendree Elementary School is a great school teachers work hard with the kids and keep parents up to date on a daly bases. Base on they academics and behavior which I love. We have a close relationship with my child's teacher he's great with her and her other teachers. I will recommend anybody to this school

Posted August 02, 2013
McKendree is my child's school. So far, I have been very happy with it and look forward to another good year.

Posted October 03, 2012
My child is in k i so proud of this school because they help him and the teacher are all nice.

Posted March 21, 2012
This is my daughter 2nd year at Mckendree Elementary. Her kindergarden teacher was very caring and supportive about my daughter education she recognize my daughter's potentials. She alway exceeds in each subject. This year she is in the 1st grade and there's not enough words can explain how awesome her teacher this year is. I'm extremely satisfied with the staff members at this school and the academic program.

Posted August 08, 2011
Teacher quality Principal leadership is excellent 2 kids through this school. could not be more pleased

Posted May 16, 2011
My three children have attended McKendree for the past six years. We have four more school years to go to get all three through the school. The current principal is very nice and accomdating to parents. Just like the last principal if there is a parent concern you can reach her with those concerns. The teachers are well versed and great. I am pleased as a parent. It has not only a family feel, but excellent teachers. The only thing about the school that dissappoints me is the limited diversity in the staff. The area is very diverse, which I personally love, and the staff should be more diverse as well.

Posted February 28, 2011
My daughter has been in McKendree since 2nd grade and she is now in the 4th. I have nothing but praise to say about this school. I am a hands on parent and very involved with my daughter's academic career. The teachers have been nothing but supportive with my daughters needs and progress in each grade. My experience with McKendree is that I am very extremely pleased with how things have gone thus far. I cannot speak yet on the principal because I have not met her ... YET!

Mckendree Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2010
Compared with the previous school my kid attended, the school needs more quality teachers based on my experience with an elementary school teacher. When I attended the first parent meeting and asked her questions, she spent only 5 minute answering my questions, but she talked to another parent she knows for more than 15 minutes. In the second parent's meeting, when I started asking her questions about my kid in her class, she said that "he is PERFEECt" and then stops. She is not patient and rude. I spoken to other parent about her, we both thought that she has her preference to some students in her class. My kid also told me that she always neglected him when he tried to answer her questions, which made him felt less confident.

Mckendree Elementary School
1600 Riverside Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA  30043
Last modified Mckendree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckendree Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top