No rating

Killian Hill Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 365 students

We are best known for educating the whole child.

Living in Lilburn

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $125,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

School Official Point of View

Posted January 29, 2014

In a Parent Satisfaction Survey conducted in Oct-Nov 2013, 98% of the respondents said they were satisfied or extremely satisfied with the education their students were receiving. In a survey of the graduating class of 2013 67% said they felt they were better prepared for college than their classmates.

Posted April 29, 2014

My school is wonderful. With BYOD integrated into the curriculum of grades 7 through 12, my school an advanced school.

Posted April 24, 2014

Killian Hill Christian School is an amazing experience for the entire family. Immediately upon arriving on the campus there is an atmosphere of peace and joyfullness. The Staff are all pleasant and willing to help the child as well as the parent navigate the journey through KHCS. Our youngest child will be attending KHCS next school year and it is all he ever talks about. I highly recommend KHCS as the greatest school.

Posted April 22, 2014

We are very thankful for the level of education provided by KHCS. Our boys are learning so much, and the teachers very approachable. You can tell that they care about all the kids and want them to succeed.

Posted April 22, 2014

I am a student at Killian Hill Christian School. I am in 8th grade there. It is a very good school that teaches, disciplines, and helps student to achieve excellence. I have been there since 1st grade and I have learned many interesting things from my studies. I got saved when I was in 1st grade. It was an amazing experience accepting God as my Savior and I am very happy I took that decision early in my life because I see there are people that are as old as I am and don't believe in God. I try to talk to them every time I have an opportunity, to help them, to open their eyes. Because my school is a Christian school, I have that advantage to learn about God and to help them open their eyes. I also have amazing teachers that help me if I have a question, either for my education, or for questions about God. I think this school is the most amazing school in Georgia. It has a time to learn more about God called chapel. It helps people get closer to God. This school has been very helpful, because many people from this school graduated either with plans to be pastors, tent-makers, or with plans to help people in many types of beneficial jobs. It has been great making this review.

Posted April 18, 2014

I was a former teacher in the school before I had my children. Now as a parent who knows the true heart of the faculty and staff at Killian, I can't imagine my son attending anywhere else. What higher praise could be given than to know a school so deeply and then to trust them with your most treasured possession. My son loves his teachers and going to school. One of his favorite times is when his kindergarten class goes to the high school science lab and is taught by the high school science teacher. There is always a demonstration or experiment that both engages the kid's minds and gets them asking great questions that lead to more discover outside of class. We love KHCS!

Posted April 18, 2014

My children have been at this school since K-5. This is their second home and the staff and faculty are like family. True to their mission of educating the whole child, the students are encouraged to grow spiritually, morally, academically and socially. The staff and faculty members genuinely want each and every student to succeed. A choice private school if you want to invest in the future of your child.

Posted April 15, 2014

We have had 2 sons in the school for the past 7 years. There is not enough good that I can say about the teachers and faculty. They genuinely care about your child getting to their full potential as a well rounded, educated individual. We love the diversity of the school, in that there are kids from many different cultures and backgrounds. But we also love that they are getting an education with a Christ centered, Biblical worldview. Has it always been easy for them? No, they have had their struggles with academics and learning to get along with those who would rather not comply. It has made them better young men and they are proud to attend KHCS. The school has a rigid, but not unreasonable amount of structure and my sons have responded well to it. Finally, since it has been mentioned in a few other posts on here, we also have never been asked or encouraged to join the church there.

Posted April 15, 2014

My school is great for learning more about Christianity and God, also we are a grade-level above the public schools. I'm currently in the 10th grade and have been here since kindergarten. I love this school because they actually do what they say about "educating the whole child." The staff and faculty are literally a family and have that atmosphere all around campus. I wish the dress code was a little more flexible, but since last year they did a little bit to expand it- mainly for the girls. They've taught me just about everything I know about God and I attend some of the church services and love the pastor and his sermons. But overall, I love their athletic and drama departments. They really look out for us and care what happens to us.

Posted April 8, 2014

Several years ago, I posted a review here and it did little to reflect what my children receive in the classroom. At the time, I had one child in K-5, and he loved it. I now have 3 children enrolled at KHCS, and my wife and I are continually amazed at the quality education they are given. The teachers are loving and concerned with each child's well-being; the administration runs a quality school, and the staff members are dedicated to making the experience the best they can for each student. I highly recommend Killian Hill Christian School to you!

Posted February 11, 2014

Killian Hill Christian is a nice school. My children went there for about four years. They didn't really enjoy it, and were so ready to leave the school. I didn't think of pulling them out until I had a bad experience with their high school. The elementary school is the best part at KHCS! Mr. Evans was ALWAYS helpful and NICE, but I can't say that for some other administrators. My children went on to public schools to do better and learn a whole lot more. KHCS likes to ground you to certain aspects of life, and I feel the child needs to be exposed to everything so that when they get older it won't just hit the child. In my opinion KHCS is great up until 6th grade. There are many other better private schools that are out there!

Posted June 25, 2013

I have gone to Killian Hill Christian School since Kindergarten, the experience was horrible. Kindergarten through first grade, was fine, but I was bullied, and the teachers did nothing even when the bullies did it right in front of them! In 2nd grade, the teachers were not willing to listen to me and I was always accused of cheating and stealing, when I wasn't, still they wouldnt listen. In 3rd grade, I left $40 of pens and pencils in the classroom and when I came back the next morning, they were gone, that happened 2 times, and still the teacher would not confess that she stole them, even when I saw the items in her purse. That same teacher would not do anything to the girls that were bullying me, all she said was "Oh, stop being such a baby". 5th grade was worse, the teachers did not help me at all, the teacher that I had was always in a bad mood and never willing to believe or help me. In 6th grade, I did not learn ANYTHING, there were 2 teachers, my homeroom teacher was mean as a bat, and my other teacher did not know self discipline, during a test, people would be shouting and I could not finish the test, nor learn anything. 7th grade, all my bible&science teacher did..

Posted October 2, 2012

I attended this school when it first opened until the 8th grade. The teachers were cruel as were the staff, all of us students were terrified of them and they enjoyed this. We were hit, humiliated, and there was nothing that was celebrated unless it was fear. As a parent, I do not think I could ever send my children there after what I experienced.

Posted October 27, 2011

Love the school, great teachers, Christ centered.... if you are not disciplined, you don't like structure and hard work this is not the school for you.

Posted August 15, 2011

Killian Hill Christian is an amazing school. The teachers are very involved in your child s whole development. The kids really learn, they don t just memorize and move on. The entire staff, from the administration to the maintenance individuals are exceptional. The elementary school principle knows every child by name! I don t know how the man does it. You know that your child is getting the best when you drop them off every morning. I read a comment on here about pressure to join the sponsoring church, sorry fella never happened. They DO NOT request that you join their church, they do not even require that you be a Baptist. They will teach your child about our God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, no doubt about that, but there is no pressure. Every child is treated with dignity and respect. I would encourage anyone to visit the school just one time and you will see what a wonderful experience it is. Proud to be able to say my child goes to Killian Hill.

Posted May 24, 2011

As a parent of a graduating senior, I would like to recommend Killian Hill Christian School to you for your child's education! We found the teachers to be kind and caring and always prepared, the academics were challenging and left our child very prepared for college, the sports were exciting and the Fine Arts Department excelled above our highest expectations. Because of her excellent education, our child received several scholarships that will pay 2/3 of her college education!

Posted May 21, 2011

My daughter is preparing to attend for her 8th year. Each year I pray that we will be able to send her there another year. It is a great sacrifice for us to send her there, but we fully believe it is the very best school for her. I wanted to make a comment because of one negative comment I saw: If you are thinking of sending your child to KHCS; yes, they'd like you and your family to attend church somewhere, but NEVER have they put any pressure on us to join their church. There are children attending who are not Christians, let alone Baptists. Don't let that deter you. They will be taught Christianity - let that be clear. If you want an excellent education, involvement in the school, a relationship with the administration and teachers, diversity in classmates and learning (sports and fine arts) and a Bible based education in Christ, this is the school for your child.

Posted December 14, 2009

Comparing to other private schools, this school is average academically.

Posted April 22, 2009

My son has been going to this school for 2 years now and he loves this school and I am so thankful for faculty and staff that work so hard with these kids.

Posted July 27, 2008

My child attended another private school for two years then attended Killian Hill. There is no comparison to what we are getting at Killian Hill. It is a superior school both in learning and allowing the parent to participate.

Posted July 26, 2008

Very good school, The teachers and staff are great!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 13% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 2-year college 2% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 95% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 1% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 1% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 1% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Georgia Tech
Bob Jones University
GA College & State Uni.
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:10 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Paul M Williams
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • jabernathy@khcs.org
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Direct instruction
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Debate

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Tax credits

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Georgia Tech
Bob Jones University
Clearwater Christain College
College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013