Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Before I start I just wanna start with this, I'm not going to be that one kid that complains about the teachers being rude to students although they really are but that's besides the point. I just want to tell the truth here and tell you how bad this school is. Lets start with sixth grade, when I came in from my other school I was way too ahead of the other students. In science we were actually behind at my old school so I was already on the right track with that. In ELA the teacher didn't really teach much, to be honest when we did our reading logs she just put a check mark on our summaries' just to be done with it. In social studies we weren't learning anything that I was learning, and the teacher yelled a lot and called students out and tells a story of what she did and it shows that that student did something wrong when its supposed to be private. In math, I was so ahead of my class that I was passed the advance class and my teacher refused to move me to the advance class, so I just sat in class bored ALL year. In home economics we had little time to complete big things. In art the teacher graded us mainly on our practices and it had to be perfect or else we had to redo it, so I failed art and I never hear the end of it from my mom. In seventh grade, from just barely passing the milestones it all went down hill. I started failing everything.... In every class we were expected to already know everything and it was like I though I came here to learn because I didn't know it. We have/had these stupid playlists that have so much work on one and two and quizzes at the end of each and if we even missed one answer we had to redo that quiz. I also hate how the students here play too much and distract you from learning and the teachers don't do anything about it. WIN is the worst thing ever. I was gone on signups and I was just told to figure it out. That's like saying to a kindergartener who cant figure out long division just to figure it out or else you fail. I was out of school forever trying to find a better school and now I'm extremely behind. I warn all of you, parents, don't send your kids here they'll suffer and become overwhelmed. I hate to see anyone go through this-- not to even mention there's a lot of bulling here and its even lead to my depression.

I feel with way because this one teacher said that if one person talks then the whole class would get silent lunch for a whole much or the whole school year. Who does that?

How absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable! My child received a step for not signing up for one period on (win) day. Win day stands for What I Need. He signed up for all but 1 because he checked and all periods for the class he needed and they were FULL. He told his teacher and she said that he could stay in there for the next period and get a step! That is B.S.! They were not accommodating or following their own WIN policy. He knew what he needed!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are worthless. They DO NOT help when students have questions, or at least never assist my daughter when she has questions.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much homework and when my daughter asks a question the teachers will not help!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

All I have to say is, this is the worst school I have even seen. Bottom line! And the ones who feels it deserves a 5 star rating, have never attended it and experienced this uncalled for behavior of the principal. This school lacks everyone of those words in this question I'm being asked. Fairness, NO WAY!!!

I am currently attending Luella middle . My peers and I agree that the school is too technology based . We are not used to learning online , and it's causing us to become behind in other subjects , trying to just focus on one (math) . Math is my weak subject , and I feel sometimes that I may fail the math part of the CRCT . Since I have transferred to Luella I haven't found such confidence In my math . On the other hand , the teachers don't have much control over their class .

this is a GREAT school ! I would definitely recommend it to other parents. teachers are very kind and suppotive. school is always clean and staff is always nice and pleasant.

Luella is a wonderful school. My daughters attended Luella. One thing I miss and one complaint: since Ms. Browning left, the library is not as warm and friendly. She was very helpful to the students. My daughter complains she doesn't visit the library as much as she use to (this is the younger daughter- the other is at LHS). With the school being smaller, the library should be more flexible. I even heard that the teachers complain about it too.

The school is very responsive to any parent needs. Whenever we call or email the principal or AP, we always get courteous service and they listen and help solve whatever problems come up.

Last modified Luella Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.