No rating

Dominion Christian High School

Private | 6-12

Living in Marietta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $183,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted January 10, 2013

My husband and I are so happy that we, as a family made a decision to send our daughter to Dominion Christian! She has truly flourished and has made some really good friends who support her. The teachers are great and are more than willing to do what they can to support each and every student.

Posted March 20, 2012

It saddens me to read any negative words about Dominion. We have loved every moment at the school, and I feel the teachers and staff are nothing short of amazing. They truly love the students, and I feel like my child is with her "Dominion family" when she is at school. I never worry about her well-being -- how many parents of high schoolers can say that? It is worth every dime -- Dominion offers a great education in a safe, loving, Christian environment. I would recommend this warm and caring school to any family.

Posted January 9, 2012

Attention: Prospective Parents This school is an absolute joke! If you are looking for a rigorous academic program, and an administration that exemplifies Christian leadership, then look elsewhere. Dominion Christian claims to be a college preparatory school not even remotely in the same zip code. There are some excellent teachers at Dominion, but the headmaster is spineless and lacks integrity. His entire administration is about headcount and money, not about insuring the success of your child Save your money . $11,500 maybe cheaper than North Cobb Christian another poor example of a Christian School, but I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you keep looking.

Posted December 7, 2011

I am an alumni of Dominion, and everyday I am thankful for what the school gave me, but since I have graduated Dominion has changed drastically. The teachers the were the highlight of my Dominion education have left, not to leave teaching but to teach at other schools in the area. A sports program that was growing and learning to excel in all areas has been marked by frequent losses in all areas in recent years. When I went to Dominion I felt like it was one of the best schools in Cobb county and that it was constantly improving itself in many areas, but I fear Dominion has lost everything it gained while I was a student. My fears are brought by how many wonderful teachers have left the school, and how the student body went from growing more then the school could handle, to decreasing by 40%. Please look at this school carefully, it is not the school it once was.

Posted August 2, 2011

Dominion Christian School is a great school. My son has attended the middle school for the past two years and absolutely loves his school. The teachers have been caring and compassionate, he has grown in Christ and is doing well academically. My younger son will be attending this fall as well.

Posted February 16, 2011

The school is ridiculous. too much drama, drugs, and problems. awful environment. do not send your child here.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 21, 2010

dominion is just not a good place to be anymore. theres too much drama between students and also between teachers and administration
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 31, 2009

We became part of the Dominion Christian family January '09 and the experience has thus far exceeded our expectations. Administration, staff, academics, sports, coaches, activities are all first class.

Posted November 8, 2008

I should mention the last review was before the school had the new administration. There is a new principle and headmaster and also many new teachers.

Posted September 21, 2007

awesome shool. great teachers. great facility.

Posted October 11, 2006

Great school, both of our sons graduated from DCHS and they were well prepared for college. The teachers are great and they have a wonderful rapport with the students. DCHS also has great extracurricular activities, between sports and clubs our sons were always busy.

Posted August 22, 2003

High academic standards. Great teachers and coaches.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (770) 420-2510

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious