No rating

Cornerstone Christian Academy

Private | K-8

Living in Norcross

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted June 2, 2012

A lovely, small school and a great value for the money! In particular, the lower grades have quality, caring teachers.with a low student - teacher ratio. Offers a good number of extracurricular activities for a school its size. Definitely worth a look!

Posted May 8, 2012

Because of my job I interact with a lot of schools, both public and Christian schools, and without question Cornerstone Christian Academy is a very, very special place. I've had my two kids there for four years, under both headmasters, and I can't imagine them being anywhere else. The academics are great, but even greater is the sense of community: most parents and students are very loyal to the school as a result. Although they don't have the services that a public school does for some truly special needs children (which may account for some of the negative reviews I saw here), one of my children does need extra attention and care and the school has been wonderful about that. The administration are pretty strict about rules and procedures -- perhaps a bit more than I would be -- but I suppose when you have 200 students too much flexibility could cause problems too. And the presence of rules in no way means an absence of grace. They are grace-filled and loving, from the top down. There's a reason the school is growing quickly: most parents and students love it!

Posted January 8, 2012

Our children have been attending CCA for 3 years now and we wouldn't change anything about the experiences they've had there. They have both grown spiritually, academically, and socially. The teachers, coaches and staff care about every child that attends there and they will go out of their way to inspire and motivate your child. The work in middle school has been very challenging and my child's friends in public school are floored at the level of work that my child has done. The most important thing that parents are often concerned about is academics, as we were as well, and yes, my children have a rigorous workload and have made incredible gains academically since starting here. The thing I would say is the gift of this special school is that it grows your child into a spiritual leader and teaches them to have a stronger relationship with God, which is, after all, more important than how smart, good looking or athletic they are. It's their core values and deep faith that will make them the grounded, giving, confident adults we need in this society. We will pray for those families who have left negative comments in the hopes that they will find a school to fit their needs.

Posted December 7, 2011

This school has serious problems due to poor leadership. If your child has above average IQ you would be wasting money and potentially doing harm to your child by sending him/her to CCA. About the aspect of Christian value, it is limited to bible quoting and display of prayer saying; we did not see the love of Christ was exemplified. What a shame! We feel that we were scammed. The prayers did sound wonderful.

Posted October 1, 2011

Glad to learn that there are new headmaster and principle in CCA. If our prayers got answered these people would provide stronger leadership in supporting parents, in training the teachers to educate kids as unique individuals. If there were no customized education tailor for each child, what's the benefit of small classroom size? Our child had been in CCA for 2 years, when he left CCA his friends post this question to him: Which school is better? CCA or public school XYZ. The answer was given without hesitation: school XYZ, and following reasons were given: 1. There are no bullies here 2. Everybody likes me here Do I need to say more? Well, above review is based on our experience for 2 years, two other families we spoke to about their experience; There might be great teachers in the school we just did not have the fortune to meet.

Posted September 5, 2011

We are new to this school and found it very warm and welcoming. We find the academics to be very challenging (in a good way) and have a good opportunity to be involved in different sports and other activities. My son is very happy at his new school. I also found the teachers were attuned to how boys need to be teached. On our "meet and greet" day several teachers mentioned how they focus on the needs of boys and girls in the class. I found the teachers to be outstanding and full of energy. They love their jobs and show it. I'm really impressed so far and my Son LOVES it. I highly recommend this school.

Posted July 28, 2011

This is our 3rd year with 3 children at Cornerstone. We left a much more expensive private school to switch to CCA. We are completely thrilled with the quality of education. They are not only challenged academicly, but are being nurtured spiritually, staying involved in the community through charitable work, have highly qualitifed and engaging teachers, and have a wonderful selection of athletic programs. While there is no perfect school, we have found CCA to meet the needs of all 3 of our children and theyare getting an excellent education for what we are paying! The leadership team and parent teacher organization is top notch!

Posted May 5, 2011

This is a great school for parents who want their children to fit into a box and complete many worksheets!!! Kindergarten was great the remaining years have been very disappointing. The teachers and the principal are not professional educators. The principal seems more concerned attending to teachers needs rather than providing children with an excellent education. Think again before spending your private school budget at CCA.

Posted April 1, 2011

CCA is not impressive academically. The small class size does not provide any visible advantage, our child is not challenged academically because no individualized academic support is provided. I find many public and private schools are doing much better service to 'smart kids'. Our child is not happy socially and emotionally in CCA either, I wish the school would focus on treating children as exceptional individuals and inspiring them to be the best they can be; instead of making them fit into the mold CCA devised for them. Lastly I feel the principle puts more energy in serving the teachers, instead of serving the children and parents as well. I do not expect more from CCA other than them to walk the talk. I wish them to be reflective and make improvements.

Posted November 19, 2009

Cornerstone is a great school with a dedicated faculty and staff and wonderful students and families. There is a full array of afterschool activities, including sports and clubs which is almost unheard of in a school this size. Our child has flourished at CCA. This Christan school is a tremendous value. We couldn't recommend it more.

Posted October 3, 2009

At Cornerstone they teach with love and kindness. They help the kids grow in many different ways.

Posted November 28, 2008

I believe CCA is one of the leading Gwinnett County private schools, if not one of the best Atlanta private schools. Solid academics and extracurricular activities which are growing with enrollment, which has doubled in 3 years, is making this a school of choice for families in Gwinnett County, North Fulton County and even Dekalb, and of course in Norcross. I highly recommend this school for K-8 education, especially if you want your kids to grow in their walk with Christ, as well.

Posted October 16, 2008

After touring and experiencing several Gwinnett County private schools, and now having two children attending CCA, we've found that Cornerstone is at the top when it comes to great teachers, focus on Christ, enrichment program and cost. Some parents might prefer a larger student body - I feel like the classrooms are just the right size. When you walk into CCA, you're greeted by friendly, loving staff who always seem to have smiles on their faces, even when things are hectic. We strongly recommend CCA to any parents who are looking for a great Christian or private school in Norcross, Duluth, Roswell or Dekalb.

Posted October 6, 2008

This is my 1st year as a parent of a CCA student. I could not be more impressed with this school- the quality of teachers and dedication of the parents and administrators. Unlike many private 'Christian' schools- there is a true focus on Christ at this school!

Posted July 22, 2007

My husband and I were very disappointed in the lack of accredidation with this school. We also felt that the principal lacked leadership with problem children in the classroom. We finally had to pull our child out of this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5295 Triangle Parkway Northwest