Powder Springs, GA

Posted May 12, 2014
LOVE IT! This is a great school with a lot of opportunities and a lot of good kids. My daughter has had great classes, teachers and friends here.

Posted April 18, 2014
Former student. This is a great school and I feel like I was pushed and learned a lot.

Hillgrove High School 2

Posted April 07, 2014
Before attending hillgrove I was at a high school in which barely had rules. Rules might be good but hillgrove is overboard with it. We have 6 minutes to get to class and If we don't we automatically get a detention, what about a warning? Not everyone can afford cars and what parent wants to be late to work because hillgrove staff cares more about sucking up to administrators than what a students home life might be like. I've never seen so many teachers suck up to the administrators it's disgusting. The dress code is off the wall. I'm sorry leggings,shorts, and slippers might just be the only thing someone can afford. Not everyone wants to dress up for school it's uncomfortable and makes people not want to learn. But hey if you're popular or pretty don't worry the administrators won't care what you do. I would never send my kid to a school that seems like a prison. Or where they can't walk in the hall with out being judged by not only students but teachers. Trust me I've heard the teachers talk bad about students.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 30, 2013
I just graduated and absolutely loved the school. We have some of the best teachers, administators and principle in the state, by far. To put it simply I had a great four year and I will really miss Hillgrove.

Hillgrove High School 3

Posted November 07, 2012
You can't judge this school unless you are part of the staff. Teachers are terrified of losing their jobs or not having their contracts renewed. Everyone is sworn to secrecy. No one knows why teachers suddenly disappear. If they say anything, they are told that they will lose their jobs. Even the food court workers are afraid of losing their jobs because of all the rules. All classroom doors must stay locked during class. In such a large school, students only have about 6 minutes to get to class; they don't have time to go to the restroom or lockers. They have to carry their very heavy book bags all day. Teachers have their own rules about allowing students to go to the restroom. If students misbehave, it's always the teacher's fault. Rules are so strict that it doesn't take much for a faculty member or student to break a rule. Girls, for instance, can wear shorts but they can't wear a sleeveless shirt or blouse.

Hillgrove High School 3

Posted October 30, 2012
Being a student who has attended Hillgrove for all four years, I do have to say Hillgrove is a nice school but sometimes feels like a prison, you almost never leave the main building unless you have a p.e. class which is kind of suffocating at times. The school is full of cliques, just like any other high school I suppose. Most of the teachers are amazing, really helpful, still has those "bad apples" though. The administration is... STRICT STRICT, did I mention strict? It's really ridiculous at times. I understand you want to keep and maintain a structed environment but Kattoula/Shaw take some things way to far. When Boland left after my freshman year, everyone's mood changed for the worse. As a whole, Hillgrove is a really nice school -education and environment wise- administration on the other hand... Let's just say I feel bad for the students still there. CLASS OF 2012!

Posted March 08, 2012
My son goes to this school and I could not be more pleased! I think this is one of the best high schools in the West Cobb area.

Posted October 19, 2011
My daughter doesn't like to miss a single day of school since starting Hillgrove. She loves the staff and teachers and her grades are thriving.

Posted September 27, 2011
As the parent of children who have thrived at Hillgrove, I have to say the we have been most impressed with the challenging academic programs and emphasis on achievement & growth. The athletics has been remarkable as well, with most sports making it to the state level in only a few years the school has been open. Highly recommend it!

Posted September 18, 2011
Hillgrove is a wonderful school! I absolutely love it! When I go to Hillgrove I will be so excited!

Hillgrove High School
4165 Luther Ward Rd, Powder Springs, GA  30127
Last modified Hillgrove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillgrove High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top