Richmond Hill, GA

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2013
Terrible school. We are military and have lived a lot of places, and this school is BY FAR the worst. My son has hours of homework every night, and the situation hasn't changed after a multitude of conferences. The front office administration is RUDE!!! I have never experienced anything like it, she talks very condescending to both students and parents. Very sad....

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2013
im a former student of this school and there are a lot of faults including the bully's I was picked on a lot by most the kids and teacher in 4th grade told me I will flunk in 5th the bully's got worst pluse I fell asleep on the bus and the bus driver rode past my stop with no attempt to wake me.do your son or daughter a favor and find somewhere else.

Posted May 24, 2013
Carver is a wonderful school. The school could be cleaner but overall it is excellent. I have attended 4th and 5th grades here and have had a great experience! The staff is really nice and helpful. The events at Carver are fun and exciting. Mrs. Morales,the principal, and Mrs. Blanton,the counselor, have both been very nice and helpful. I like how the teachers have helped me improve where I need to. Overall, Carver is an amazing school and I highly recommend it!

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2011
We have been very happy with the school - no problems with dress code or admin staff and have had great teachers.

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 0

Posted December 12, 2009
Our daughter spent two years at Carver -- just left this year. As room mother and a 'car rider' pick-up parent, I did go into the office a lot. I understand that the staff may seem busy but if you have an issue, they are more than helpful. Our daughter was sent to the office for dress code twice and both times the Principle excused her dress as appropriate for the occasion on hand. The staff were always helpful when my toddler son needed to use the facilities while we waited. Never had a problem.

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 4

Posted December 06, 2009
Three of my children have attended this school and we have never had any problems. The dress code is not as strict as it once was-girls no longer have to wear belts with shirts tucked in. I believe the school offers a high quality education but I do agree with another reviewer that office staff and some teachers are not always friendly.

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2009
We are new to the area and although I like my chid's teachers and the SEEK teacher, the whole front office could use an attitude adjustment. This is the most unfriendly administration that we have ever encountered. I, nor my child, has ever met the principal. No one was friendly or helpful to us, or our child, who is new. No one tried to even make us feel welcome. We were treated as though we were nothing more than an interruption in their busy day. Very disappointing!

Posted October 09, 2008

Posted October 06, 2008

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2008
Carver has a modern building, very clean. Wonderful kids. Carver has a strictly enforced dress code, my child forgot to wear a belt, was sent to the office and threatened with ISS (suspension) My child, was afraid to ask questions, for fear of being suspended. When my child was absent due to illness, I e-mailed the teacher to ask if I could pick up the assignments. I was referred to a school official who said NO! Class sizes - just under state max. In 4th grade, my child had to store books in a bag, desk had no storage. Computer instruction and use is disappointingly limited. My child received Special Ed. services at prior two schools. At Carver NO. My child was denied access to the Bryan Tutorial program until we signed away the Special Ed. status. 'No one double dips at Carver'

Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School
476 Frances Meeks Way, Richmond Hill, GA  31324
Last modified Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top