Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher has kept in contact with me and provides help when needed.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Yes, but the children need to speak up with the staff.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I only can agree with that since I am a foreign person from a latin country.

Develops character: Strongly agree

All the teachers teach them not only academics, but also discipline and to be courteous and polite with others

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am a parent of 2 children who went to this School. Great School. The content being taught there is in accordance with the Georgia Standards of Excellence (https://www.georgiastandards.org). All the teachers my both daughters had in this school were great. A lot of parents who I know complaint about the amount of homework. Yes, it is a lot, but that is a good thing. If you do not practice what you learned at school while is "fresh", it will go away. My wife volunteer every single year my daughters were at the Bryan County School System and she clearly saw that the kids were the parents do not help them at home with homework are the ones with bad grades. I got back home really tired from a 12 hour work journey every day, but I help my both daughters with their homework. They are both straight A students. The School has a modern building, and very well maintained in terms of infrastructure (computers, library and playgrounds) and aesthetics (painting and cleanliness). The front office staff is polite and very helpful.

My daughter attended this school for two years. Her 4th grade year was great. Her 5th grade year was seriously lacking, since she had a teacher who was apparently too overwhelmed to send grades home in a timely manner. I am an educator myself and had high expectations of this school after a great experience at Richmond Hill Elementary. This school is a lot of "hype," as is the district. Touted as one of the best----as someone in the field, I wasn't impressed to say the least. I am currently searching for another district for my child to attend middle school next year. It's worth a move, if necessary.

We have been in the Richmond Hill schools for 3-1/2 years with the past year at Carver Elementary. All of the schools are exceptional. Carver's physical facility is not as new as the elementary. Otherwise it can't be beat. All of the teachers are committed to their students. They go above and beyond to assure a quality education is provided. Mr. Schultz, asst. principal, has been wonderful when needed. He is warm, funny and the kids love him. PrincipalMorales has been an outstanding leader for staff and the 1000+ 4th and 5th graders that attend Carver. We continue to live in this community for the schools. They are second to none.

Terrible school. We are military and have lived a lot of places, and this school is BY FAR the worst. My son has hours of homework every night, and the situation hasn't changed after a multitude of conferences. The front office administration is RUDE!!! I have never experienced anything like it, she talks very condescending to both students and parents. Very sad....

im a former student of this school and there are a lot of faults including the bully's I was picked on a lot by most the kids and teacher in 4th grade told me I will flunk in 5th the bully's got worst pluse I fell asleep on the bus and the bus driver rode past my stop with no attempt to wake me.do your son or daughter a favor and find somewhere else.

Last modified Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.