Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter attended this school for two years. Her 4th grade year was great. Her 5th grade year was seriously lacking, since she had a teacher who was apparently too overwhelmed to send grades home in a timely manner. I am an educator myself and had high expectations of this school after a great experience at Richmond Hill Elementary. This school is a lot of "hype," as is the district. Touted as one of the best----as someone in the field, I wasn't impressed to say the least. I am currently searching for another district for my child to attend middle school next year. It's worth a move, if necessary.

We have been in the Richmond Hill schools for 3-1/2 years with the past year at Carver Elementary. All of the schools are exceptional. Carver's physical facility is not as new as the elementary. Otherwise it can't be beat. All of the teachers are committed to their students. They go above and beyond to assure a quality education is provided. Mr. Schultz, asst. principal, has been wonderful when needed. He is warm, funny and the kids love him. PrincipalMorales has been an outstanding leader for staff and the 1000+ 4th and 5th graders that attend Carver. We continue to live in this community for the schools. They are second to none.

Terrible school. We are military and have lived a lot of places, and this school is BY FAR the worst. My son has hours of homework every night, and the situation hasn't changed after a multitude of conferences. The front office administration is RUDE!!! I have never experienced anything like it, she talks very condescending to both students and parents. Very sad....

im a former student of this school and there are a lot of faults including the bully's I was picked on a lot by most the kids and teacher in 4th grade told me I will flunk in 5th the bully's got worst pluse I fell asleep on the bus and the bus driver rode past my stop with no attempt to wake me.do your son or daughter a favor and find somewhere else.

Carver is a wonderful school. The school could be cleaner but overall it is excellent. I have attended 4th and 5th grades here and have had a great experience! The staff is really nice and helpful. The events at Carver are fun and exciting. Mrs. Morales,the principal, and Mrs. Blanton,the counselor, have both been very nice and helpful. I like how the teachers have helped me improve where I need to. Overall, Carver is an amazing school and I highly recommend it!

We have been very happy with the school - no problems with dress code or admin staff and have had great teachers.

Our daughter spent two years at Carver -- just left this year. As room mother and a 'car rider' pick-up parent, I did go into the office a lot. I understand that the staff may seem busy but if you have an issue, they are more than helpful. Our daughter was sent to the office for dress code twice and both times the Principle excused her dress as appropriate for the occasion on hand. The staff were always helpful when my toddler son needed to use the facilities while we waited. Never had a problem.

Three of my children have attended this school and we have never had any problems. The dress code is not as strict as it once was-girls no longer have to wear belts with shirts tucked in. I believe the school offers a high quality education but I do agree with another reviewer that office staff and some teachers are not always friendly.

We are new to the area and although I like my chid's teachers and the SEEK teacher, the whole front office could use an attitude adjustment. This is the most unfriendly administration that we have ever encountered. I, nor my child, has ever met the principal. No one was friendly or helpful to us, or our child, who is new. No one tried to even make us feel welcome. We were treated as though we were nothing more than an interruption in their busy day. Very disappointing!

Carver has a modern building, very clean. Wonderful kids. Carver has a strictly enforced dress code, my child forgot to wear a belt, was sent to the office and threatened with ISS (suspension) My child, was afraid to ask questions, for fear of being suspended. When my child was absent due to illness, I e-mailed the teacher to ask if I could pick up the assignments. I was referred to a school official who said NO! Class sizes - just under state max. In 4th grade, my child had to store books in a bag, desk had no storage. Computer instruction and use is disappointingly limited. My child received Special Ed. services at prior two schools. At Carver NO. My child was denied access to the Bryan Tutorial program until we signed away the Special Ed. status. 'No one double dips at Carver'

Last modified Dr. George Washington Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5