Bad
Good

Strong emphasis on academics, many AP offerings for juniors and seniors. The arts program is also strong with chorus, band, and theater involving a large percentage of the student body. Numerous awards for individual students and groups also won the past 2 years. SAT scores are equal to top Atlanta area schools. Sports surprisingly not emphasized. US News listed Rome as a top high school in America.

This school has three categories in which students are placed- "Tech", "College Prep" and "College Prep Advanced". Basically, students placed in Tech are set to fail because the school doesn't spend resources on them. They're High School Diploma isn't accepted at most local colleges and they are denied the opportunity to take the SAT. The only reason RHS does this is to prevent the "dumb" kids from "lowering" their SAT Score Average. All students know that being in Tech means that you are less than those in CP and CPA. It is sad that a school would do this to children and not give them a chance to develop and succeed.

i us to go to this school i miss it they really have good teachers amanda young

An awesome school academically and extra curricular activities are also excellent. The students have a great comraderie. Not often do you see the varsity football players show their support for the competition cheerleading squad at several competitions, even out of town ones! Very impressive!

I fantastic school where it seems many have a voice. The method of leadership at the school allows for students, teachers and parents to have a statement in areas of concern. The students get along with each other perfectly and is an examply to use by many. Rules are firm and enforced and one can feel the good feelings of the school by entering and observing a class change. It was the one thing the principal demanded we saw when we entered the school and it was the ticket to get us to enter Rome High with our children. We have been pleased ever since that decision.

Myself with my family has just been migrated to USA from India on July 30th 2006. I have taken admission of one of my son (9th Std) at Rome High School. The school was started from 4th of August. I am still surprised that how this has happend in a matter of three-four days. I am very much thankful to the administrative staff of the school for helping alian like me in admission procedures. I am also very much satisfied with the progress of my Son, both in education and extra currecular activities, for which I am thankful to the H'ble Principal and Teachers of the School. Presently I am in Inaia for about one month's time but my Son is enjoying attending school with his new freinds under guidence of learned teachers. I salute all the staff members of the school.

Last modified Rome High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.