Posted April 27, 2011
Strong emphasis on academics, many AP offerings for juniors and seniors. The arts program is also strong with chorus, band, and theater involving a large percentage of the student body. Numerous awards for individual students and groups also won the past 2 years. SAT scores are equal to top Atlanta area schools. Sports surprisingly not emphasized. US News listed Rome as a top high school in America.

Rome High School 1

Posted July 12, 2010
This school has three categories in which students are placed- "Tech", "College Prep" and "College Prep Advanced". Basically, students placed in Tech are set to fail because the school doesn't spend resources on them. They're High School Diploma isn't accepted at most local colleges and they are denied the opportunity to take the SAT. The only reason RHS does this is to prevent the "dumb" kids from "lowering" their SAT Score Average. All students know that being in Tech means that you are less than those in CP and CPA. It is sad that a school would do this to children and not give them a chance to develop and succeed.

Posted February 19, 2009
i us to go to this school i miss it they really have good teachers amanda young

Posted September 18, 2008
An awesome school academically and extra curricular activities are also excellent. The students have a great comraderie. Not often do you see the varsity football players show their support for the competition cheerleading squad at several competitions, even out of town ones! Very impressive!

Posted July 05, 2008
I fantastic school where it seems many have a voice. The method of leadership at the school allows for students, teachers and parents to have a statement in areas of concern. The students get along with each other perfectly and is an examply to use by many. Rules are firm and enforced and one can feel the good feelings of the school by entering and observing a class change. It was the one thing the principal demanded we saw when we entered the school and it was the ticket to get us to enter Rome High with our children. We have been pleased ever since that decision.

Posted October 07, 2006
Myself with my family has just been migrated to USA from India on July 30th 2006. I have taken admission of one of my son (9th Std) at Rome High School. The school was started from 4th of August. I am still surprised that how this has happend in a matter of three-four days. I am very much thankful to the administrative staff of the school for helping alian like me in admission procedures. I am also very much satisfied with the progress of my Son, both in education and extra currecular activities, for which I am thankful to the H'ble Principal and Teachers of the School. Presently I am in Inaia for about one month's time but my Son is enjoying attending school with his new freinds under guidence of learned teachers. I salute all the staff members of the school.

Rome High School 3

Posted October 18, 2004
Excellent new Principal this year, and very high quality teachers. Still, the school is too big. Kids are like cattle being shuffled through and a large majority appear to hate it enough to consider dropping out. 'Cod Reds' are expected to happen more often, where police dogs are brought in to detect drugs. Not a great environment for education, but then it seems to be typical of public schools these days.

Rome High School 4

Posted September 09, 2004
- a former student
Has a wide variety of extra curricular activities and many clubs. Most students participate in at least one extra curricular activity or are part of some kind of club. Also has a great number of elective classes as well as a few fairly decent foreign language programs. Howvever, there are so many elective classes, that it is often times hard to decide which ones to choose! The extra curicular activities are highly supported by the attendance of the students, the host highly supported sports being basketball, football, an volleyball. The band program at Rome High school has won various awards and trophies, and is highly covetted amungst the local schools bands. A large number of students participate in Rome High's band, (also called 'The Sound of the Seven Hills') There is also a jazz band program, which preforms at various functions, and not just school.

Posted July 30, 2004
Since the 2 city schools we're combined (West & East Rome) in 1992, I've had a family member in this system. While it has been difficult for some in this small town to adjust to a school of this size, I would say 95% of the students and parents are very pleased. I've worked with parents who transfered to our city from the North & Midwest and their experience with Rome High was very positive. Like most schools, it is not perfect. My relatives that graduated from Rome High and gone on to college are well prepared for college academics. My wife and I look forward to the day our 2 sons( eighth & fifth grades) graduate from Rome High School, a Georgia School of Excellence.

Posted May 31, 2004
Best school academically by a long shot in northwest Georgia. Superb extra-curriculars with absolutely no discipline problems.

Rome High School
1000 Veterans Memorial Hwy NE, Rome, GA  30161
Last modified Rome High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rome High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top