River Eves Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 811 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 2, 2014

The teachers at this school are awesome. However, the Administration and the PTA go hand in hand. If you can't be a huge contribution to them then you are pushed out. If you live in an apartment expect your child to be labeled. The worst of all though is the fact that the principal is more willing to listen to a PTA member than his own staff which in return makes the students who are middle and lower class less heard.

Posted March 31, 2014

As a parent of 2 children attending REES I cannot put into words how impressed I am with this school. We have had such a great experience and I'm thrilled to see the leadership from the top down. I have been most impressed with the leadership and the quick removal of average or sub-par teachers. It's great to see a school hold its teachers to the same standards as we the parents do. I'm also impressed with the school involvement in technology and their strong focus of becoming a S.T.E.M school. That is fantastic news for all of our children! I am also amazed at the level of involvement of the parents both in PTA and REEF. The amount of time volunteered and money raised by both of these organizations is jaw dropping! The children in the REES community are so incredibly benefitted by the outstanding commitment to excellence of the REES parents, teachers and staff. I've now been a part of REES for 3 years and have 2 children that are growing and thriving due to this wonderful school. Come see what this school has to offer and, even more, get involved!!

Posted March 29, 2014

Wonderful school. Teachers are very engaging with the students as well as the Principal. There is a tremendous amount of Parent involvement at the School. REES offers a variety of after school curricular activities for students who want to develop beyond the normal School day. Both my children attend and are doing quite well as a result of the dedication and teaching methods employed by the teachers and faculty at REES.

Posted March 25, 2014

We have been at River Eves for the last 5 years and have been thoroughly pleased. The teachers are amazing and the PTA involvement is exceptional!

Posted March 10, 2014

great school. i have 3 in the system and it's been great for my kids. families are supportive and involved and my kids have enjoyed being there.

Posted March 10, 2014

I have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader at River Eves. We moved to River Eves from a private school environment and have been so pleased that we have not considered going back. Some of the things we love about River Eves: loving teachers who provide loads of feedback to parents; fabulous parents who give of their time and talents to PTA and Foundation; overnight field trips to Tybee Island, Rock Eagle and the Ga Aquarium; a full time technology coach funded by the Foundation; iPads for every teacher and Active Boards for every classroom; fun and creative media center staff and Reading Bowl team; school gardens; Science Lab with full time science teacher; Eagle Fliers running team...the list goes on! We are feeling very well prepared for middle school, and that is the best compliment of all!

Posted April 14, 2013

I moved my kids to River Eves Elementary from a private school environment. I was happy to see how well they blended in and adjusted to new friends and great teachers. River Eves has a strong academics curriculum and enrichment programs. Accelerated and Advanced Class Placements for Math and English are available at each Grade Level. Therefore my children were challenged academically and thrived! Parent involvement is essential to ensure that your student succeeds in school. Join the PTA and volunteer in committee or in the foundation!

Posted March 26, 2013

Having attended elementary school in another Metro Atlanta county, coming to River Eves Elementary two years ago was a breath of fresh air. The teachers and staff are dynamic and engaging, going way above and beyond the call of duty to offer the students a meaningful and memorable learning experience. My fifth grader has learned how to start a business this year! That's valuable, real-world knowledge that she will take with her into the future. The PTA at River Eves is as involved as any I've ever seen, offering a multitude of enrichment programs and extra-curricular activities for the kids enjoy. My child has thrived at River Eves Elementary and we are grateful for the experience!

Posted March 25, 2013

Our family has been at River Eves for over 5 years and I can not say enough wonderful things about this school. My children have thrived academically and are surrounded by the greatest group of kids. They have had some incredibly dedicated teachers who go above and beyond in their teaching...incorporating technology such a interactive white boards, "Mystery Skype" with other schools in the country and iPads to engage the students...creating hands on experiences such as publishing their own books in the younger grades to learning the process of starting a business through an entrepreneur fair in the 5th grade. The administration is comprised of focused leaders and driven to make our school the very best it can be. There is also a strong PTA and foundation (REEF) who work together to bring additional enrichment opportunities to the classroom and organize fun events that bring our community together. Our older child is beyond prepared for middle school next year and we look forward to a few more years at River Eves with our younger child.

Posted March 25, 2013

We have had a fantastic experience at River Eves. Both my kindergartener and 2nd grader have had engaging, creative and inspirational teachers. Our school continues to receive numerous awards with the most recent being the Fulton County Schools Northeast Learning teacher of the year-Ms. Aga, 5th Grade. We have a very active PTA who spends time and talent enriching the classroom experience for all students and stellar foundation (REEF) who puts the latest technology in the classroom so every student has a chance use it. There is a strong focus on academics but also outstanding enrichment opportunities --our specials teachers in art/music are very creative and talented and there are many school sponsored events that are widely popular and well attended. I find the teachers and administration easy to communicate with on a weekly basis. It is an exciting time for our kids to be at RIver Eves Elementary.

Posted December 17, 2012

My review is solely based on my daughter's experience in Kindergarten and 1st grade and it has been excellent. Her teachers have been energetic, disciplinarians, and motivating. I feel the key is to get involved as parents. Meet with your teachers and volunteer. As with any public school in our current economic environment, there are budget shortfalls but the River Eves PTA and Education Foundation work diligently to provide funds and man power to fill in the holes. Our second child will begin attending next year and we look forward to continued success.

Posted October 18, 2010

Between the teachers yelling at students and penalizing the whole class for something that one or two students may have done, this school has been a terrible experience. Last year was our first year and it was a bad experience with the teacher. I was hoping that this year it would have been better, but it's almost the same thing. If you can live in a different school area, I would definitely recommend it.

Posted May 2, 2010

We just love River Eves. The teachers and admin are so knowledgable and helpful. They are understanding and give the children confidence. Parents are always welcome to come have lunch with the kids, and there are many opportunities to get involved. The academics are incredible,,, my second grader is already learing his multiplication tables! WOW!

Posted November 12, 2009

The school is more about obedience, 100 percent discipline to the point it is at times ridiculous, and following directions than about children and education. If you want your child to be a creative and possibly even independent thinker, or if you are looking for a nurturing environment, or an environment where you get to talk to your child during lunch time when you visit (Silent Lunch is standard...), look elsewhere. We are taking our kids out and stop wondering, if this is what GA schools are like, no wonder that the state ranks so low and that half the people around us have their kids in private schools. Test scores are not everything!

Posted February 12, 2009

I'm very happy with my family's experience at River Eves so far. My daughter is also in the accelerated reader program. She's only in kindergarten and writing using capitalization, punctuation, contractions, etc. Her teacher and teacher's assistant are both super sweet and they do a great job communicating with my husband and I. I look forward to my daughter's 1st grade experience with River Eves this fall.

Posted September 9, 2008

I have a first-grader at River Eves and we could not be happier! I also have a teenage step daughter who has attended private school all her life and I am really so impressed with what River Eves has to offer. The new principal is outstanding and a great leader. He is very involved in the PTA and looking to stay on the leading-edge of education and making this great environment for our kids. Kindergarten was a dream and we had the very best teachers! We are excited about 1st grade. Thumbs up, all the way around!

Posted September 9, 2008

Overall, I think River Eves is an excellent school. My kids have received a wonderful education so far and would rather be no where else. My kids have always loved their teachers and had a good relationship with them. I'm glad my kids are at a school that has a great open door policy; there's always something going on where I can get involved and be a part of my kids' life while they're at school.

Posted September 3, 2008

We love River Eves. It has really worked well for both of my children. My 3rd grader has been moved to an accelerated reading class and loves the challenge. My first grader is excited about the money he is earning as part of his consumer and producer unit. Both my children have Activ Boards in their classes and I understand the school is getting three more this year. They are wonderful teaching tools. We are happy with the way administration operates and love the open door policy.

Posted September 3, 2008

My daughter started Kidnergarten a few weeks ago and we are so very pleased with River Eves. The Principal, the Front Desk, the teachers are all wonderful. We LOVE this school and most importantly our daughter LOVES this school. The 1st two weeks you are asked to not visit so the kids can get used to the new routines. Which we thought was understandable. Sometimes when parents are there it can make it harder on the kids. After the two weeks was up they had an Orientation night where we got to meet with the teachers, learn more about them, how the kids were doing so far and what the plans were for the year. We are very impressed with the curriculum. There has been tons of encouragement to be involved with the school. Very good PTA

Posted August 29, 2008

Our experience with RE has been mixed. With the new principle we had high hopes...to be disappointed. The administration discourages parents for being in involved. Does not want to communicate with parents, it appears to be a pain- unless they want money. Teachers are rarely observed, which is an important factor in maintaining a supportive, consistant, and knowledgable environment. Teachers are often confused about the curriculum and have trouble discussing how parents can support the children at home. They spend all of the time teaching to the CRCT, in fact after the test I could have pulled my children out for the rest of the year and missed nothing. New principle is making swepting changes, without communicating them in a timely and appropriate fashion. The front office staff can be extremely rude. Save your money for private or move to another district!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

138 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

108 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

• Neil Pinnock
Fax number
  • (770) 552-4557

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Sports

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9000 Eves Rd