Centennial High School 4

Posted September 28, 2014
My oldest son just graduated from Centennial and my younger son and step daughter are attending now. I have found the teachers to be excellent and very caring. The programs offered are outstanding and the facilities are great. I was amazed at all the Honor graduates at graduation this past May. This is a true testament to the teachers and the parent involvement.

Posted April 01, 2014
The teachers at Centennial are fantastic. He received a great education in a real world environment

Posted January 14, 2014
Awesome staff and atmosphere. My experience so far has been most warm and welcoming. Thank you to all involved.

Centennial High School 2

Posted July 28, 2013
This school used to be great. That is, until the arrival of one Ms. Kibbey Cuntly.

Centennial High School 3

Posted July 25, 2013
Recently, Centennial has been getting some bad reviews for this past 2012-2013 school year, and I can't argue with them...most of it is true. One thing that I did notice is that all these complaints seem to come from parents of on-level students at Centennial. The fact of the matter is, if your child is an on-level class they will probably not enjoy it as much. One reason being the teachers performance but the main reason is because of the behavior of most of the students in on-level classes. They are so rude and disrespectful it literally prevents the teacher from teaching and keeps other students from learning. I am not in on-level classes in am entering 10th grade in 2 APS and 3 honors classes. This past year I was in honors classes and I was challenged and I had little to no trouble learning mostly due to the fact that I am surrounded by other students who WANT to learn and do well. I honestly feel that the problems that people are complaining about are due to behavioral issues. Some problems are because of teachers but not many. Don't bash Centennial because it's not good or it's ratchet...I find it exciting compared to some preppy private school or Johns Creek, etc.

Centennial High School 1

Posted July 20, 2013
Do not send your children here. It used to be one of the best schools in the state, but it is probably the worst on north fulton county. Many of the best staff members, teachers and administrators, have left. There is a high turnover rate for the staff at this school. I have heard that teachers leave because there is a huge lack of professionalism by some of the staff members. My child went to Holcomb bridge middle school and the staff truly cared about my child. They were more concerned with actually doing their jobs and teaching my child rather than getting wrapped up in work place drama. I wish I could pick up the staff from Hbms and place them at chs.

Centennial High School 2

Posted June 09, 2013
The new principal doesn't even bother to respond to emails from concerned parents. My daughter's math teacher was absent over 40 days last year and the school failed to provide the class with a long term math substitute. The average EOCT grade for her class was a 67%. The school should be ashamed. When I asked the counselor to switch my daughter to another class I was told that switching isn't allowed. The icing on the cake was when the teacher came into class two weeks before school was out and announced to the students that she wasn't coming back! Although my daughter passed the class thanks to private tutoring, I'm disappointed that the school did nothing to address the concerns of parents or students. The students even signed a petition begging for help. What a terrible first impression of Centennial High School. My daughter's experience overall was ok, nothing to write home about. There was also a lot of fights for a school with such great ratings. If we don't see improvement next year we will hardship our daughter to a school that is safer and concerned with the education of all students.

Centennial High School 3

Posted June 06, 2013
Both of my kids struggled at Centennial after transferring from a private school. We met with our kids counselor many times and had many meetings with all the teachers. There were always suggestions but no support to help my kids be successful.

Posted June 04, 2013
Best HIGH SCHOOL in Atlanta! Teachers seem very happy as well as the faculty and students. It is a great neighborhood and state-of-the-art classes.

Centennial High School 4

Posted August 28, 2011
I have three boys at Centennial and they are doing well. The teachers, the front office, the principal and counselor are wonderful. They have challenging classes (AP and Honors), tons or clubs, and a good sports program. They came from being home schooled, but have adjusted well and really enjoy school.

Centennial High School
9310 Scott Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top