Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 11, 2016
Mrs Shebat. She is a wonderful example of what a teacher should be. Equal measures of love, support, passion for learning, and overall care for the students. She has been such a great help in our journey. Thank you for all you do.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 11, 2016
My child is in Pre-K so he is not assigned home work at this time.

Posted May 11, 2016
My child is in the special needs Pre-K class. He has spectrum autism disorder and ODD. The team of teachers who support him and us as a family is AWESOME. They do a great job of balancing love, yes love, and academics. They treat him with care but also keep a firm hand so he understands that there are boundaries and consequences for your actions. He is thriving academically and we are working thru the behavioral issues together. They keep me informed of his progress and prepare me for next steps on the horizon. I am so happy we are at Hillside... Looking forward to a great elementary school experience for my boy. Thanks faculty and staff. You really are awesome.

Posted November 22, 2015
I'm getting a little weepy as this is my baby's last year (5th grade) at Hillside. Our family has enjoyed being an active part of this community for more than 10 years and both my kids are confident and prepared for life after elementary school. My youngest is thriving having 3 teachers that are masters of their subject matters... their love of their subject is absolutely contagious to my daughter! I've seen lots more teacher feedback under this new system, too, so I have a good grasp of where she excels and where she needs some help/time. Innovative scheduling has been a great upgrade... and I think will help with the transition to Middle school. We will truly miss Hillside next year!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
Thanks to Mrs. Eastman for encouraging and inspiring my daughter to try hard, check her work, investigate errors, and be proud of her own determination. She feels confident in math, appreciated for her participation, and part of a wonderfully safe and place to learn! That's what school is all about!

Posted March 31, 2015
Hillside is amazing! The teachers and staff are so loving and truly love what they do. The PTA has been voted the best PTA for good reason as well. From the academic enrichment programs to family fun events, this is a well rounded elementary with a lot to offer families in this area.

Posted December 02, 2014
This is my daughter's second year at Hillside and we are all proud to he Husky's! Dr Otway, the principle, has done an outstanding job of encouraging and supporting the teachers and helping to foster community among a diverse school. The new approach to learning through the content band specialization allows each teacher to focus on their strongest subject and places children with students at their level. I was nervous at first about her having 3 separate teachers but it is working out to be a very positive learning experience for her. The PTA is hard working and award winning and works hard to provide a fun, cultural and learning and environment for the Hillside Community!

Hillside Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2014
There is a lot to be said about this school and faculty. The schools academic program is more appropriate for a middle school child not a 2nd grader. All of the front staff is Hispanic and very hard to understand. Long story short if you have other options I would look to send your child elsewhere.

Posted November 07, 2014
Hillside is a great school! The teachers and administration work together to be innovative, to challenge all students and really want all children to succeed. The school & parents work together to bring many amazing programs to our school including an amazing Science Day and Artist Day.

Hillside Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2014
This year, Hillside began a new program in which students have three separate teachers: one for reading, one for math and one for science/social studies, in an effort, I believe, to allow teachers to focus on one subject and to group students by level in different subjects. I believe the program can be beneficial in the later elementary school grades. However, my child is in kindergarten at Hillside and I must admit I'm extremely unhappy with the program for that age group. I believe a five year old needs nurturing and stability and I don't feel like they get that under this new program. In fact, my child has had five different teachers in less than two months. I'd be surprised if any parent was happy with that for their five year old. I believe this environment is too academic for early elementary school; I feel that the relationship between a teacher and student, in kindergarten especially, is as important as how well their can read, write, etc. I feel my child has missed the opportunity to form a real bond with the kindergarten teacher in this new environment. I don't think it has been a positive experience for us, thus far.

9250 Scott Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Hillside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5