Posted March 26, 2014
Our school is AWESOME! Teachers we have worked with are creative, smart and involved with student learning and development. Teachers receive regular updates in their disciplines and the principal models excellence and promotes and recognizes this with her students and staff. Reading, Math, Science and Technology are promoted. It is a great place for parents to get involved and share in the learning experience with their children. Grades are posted online so you can check them before your child is in trouble. A new school building would be great because we sit at the bottom of a hill of sorts so the land holds water and potential for mold growth. This has been discussed before so I am sure someone is looking at this concern. We would like to keep our school in this area and not relocated across town. Perhaps a ground survey can be done to raise the land and alleviate the water settling problem. Parents should know that the kids are pushed for excellence and parent support is always welcome! So come in and see what your child is doing, help the teacher by being a team player. Show our children we are there even if we can not do it every day. :) They can not teach and discipline.

Spencer Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2010
good school that helps underprivaledged kids that could really use the extra help

Posted February 15, 2009

Posted May 31, 2007

Spencer Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2005
I have seen alot of improvement in my childs grades. After getting my child into tutoring after school i have seen alot if improvement, keeping in touch with teachers. Although i think the board of education could do alot more than they are. I use to blame the school but if the school does not have anyone to back them up they have to rely on each other and sometimes you need more than that, you need a society to help and that needs to include parents. My child is very below grade level but i think it make a difference that i show that care about what grades my child is making and being involved keeps them motivated. If your child needs help, ask for it and ask how you can help. If you are being a parent to your child it is not easy, get involved.

Spencer Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2004
My question to Ms. Simmon is this: How often are you in the school? Do you volunteer? Do you request monthly or quarterly conferences?

Spencer Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2004
Hello I believe that Spencer could do a lot more than they are doing. My child never really has homework and the school never really takes them on field trips. I would like to hear more about what my child is doing not just when he is in trouble.

Spencer Elementary School
100 Bouhan Ave, Savannah, GA  31404
Last modified Spencer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spencer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top