Posted February 06, 2014
This school is the worst school I have ever experienced in my entire life. The teachers don't care about the students and after two weeks we had to take him back out because his grade in all subjects dropped to almost failing. He now lives with us ,so he could go back to his old school. He was in band , the never played an instrument , they just did theory, as were in his old school he already had a christmas concert. The teacher had told him to bring his instrument to show the other students that he can play. I am asking myself what kind of teaching curriculum they have over there, I thought all the public schools in georgia have the same curriculum . II thought being a teacher is something to be proud of , but I guess at southwest Middle school all they care about is having a paycheck.

Southwest Middle School 2

Posted January 20, 2014
This school is absolutely atrocious. I just moved here and I'm a student in seventh grade, and I dislike this school so much. I've joined the student council expecting to do great things for the school but nothing ever happens in the meetings. I also met all the requirements for the honor roll, but was never invited to the awards ceremony. That's the other thing; all the assemblies or awards ceremonies are always disorganized. Always my teacher favors this one girl, who never does that great of a job when it comes to projects, because she brings her markers and tissues and food! The connections classes are horrible. In technology the teacher never taught anything and expected the class to just read from the book. My grade in that class ruined my average on my report card. I just can't wait to move again or switch schools, because I feel like this school is lowering my intelligence and making me feel more pressured. The worst school I have EVER attended. Try not to move into this area or if you do apply to another school. (Chatham County is chose school meaning you can choose which school you want to go to)

Posted October 30, 2013
Can't get anyone to call me back and my daughter was a b student last year at her old school now she is failing two classes and never has homework. They don't keep you in the loop as far as what your children are doing in class.

Posted August 24, 2013
THIS SCHOOL STINKS TEACHER S ARE RUDE AND GOT THE NERD TO SAY HAVEN STINKS I WOULD HAVE NEVER WENT TO THIS SCHOOL IF MY MOM DIDNT MAKE ME

Posted February 20, 2013
DO NOT send your child to this school... I had recently moved to this area, my son (7th) grade came from A honor roll. After 2 months in this school his grades went to 30's. The teacher would not issue his book during class for homework, so he couldn't complete it, this went on for over a week. He was the only white kid in his class, which is a lot of pressure for any ethnic background coming to a new school. I have had to have a conference with the principal to get the book and his student id issued. The counselor is a major joke, would never return any calls, had to call dept. of Education to actually get her to do what she was supposed to do. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT moving into this school disctric, middle OR elementary. I don't know what kind of circus they are running at the school, but between terrible, unprofessional administration all the way around, the student bullying that is overlooked, and just the filthyness of the school in general is ridiculous and it infuriates me that our tax money is running this circus.

Posted November 20, 2012
There is no feedback from the teachers. The kids are not allowed to bring their texbooks home and no other resource was give to us. My daughter struggles every night doing her homework and searches the net to answer her questions. This is just the worst school she has ever attended.

Posted January 08, 2012
Unsure of why my previous review is not posted here so I'll make it short..take it from Me a Parent that had 2 Children attend this school in 2008, this is without a doubt the worst middle school in Savannah Georgia. I have seen Children break down in tears when they think that they will be attending this school. The teachers are horrible..

Southwest Middle School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
To much of D.R.A.M.A and I am just in the sixth grade.But the teachers are great teachers 4 the most part! *Silver eagles all the way*

Southwest Middle School 2

Posted March 19, 2010
My child has experienced some good and bad things from SWMS. Some of the teachers may be supportive, but he met one that was very cruel and lazy. She would always be behind her desk eating something. One of my child's friends found 8 fruit cups in one of her drawers! Attending this school a second year, he has had some problems with the lunch that the school provides. Once, a classmate of his found 2 cockroaches in her lunch. She threw up and had to go home early that day. Also there is lack of communication between the parents and teachers.

Southwest Middle School 5

Posted October 27, 2009

Southwest Middle School
6030 Ogeechee Rd, Savannah, GA  31419
Last modified Southwest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top