Bad
Good

Posted April 01, 2011
Being nervous with a new 6th grader going into middle school... I was concerned about how much communication there would be with the teachers. My son was very lucky to have a great HR and SS teacher (Mr B) and the others on his team. Math teachers have been extremely helpful as this is the subject he struggles with. My son is also loving his band class and learning a lot from Mr Owens. Over all, very happy with the school... but most of all the teachers he has. This is what really makes the school. - Concerned and Involved Parent

Posted April 19, 2010
I currently go to this school and the teachers aren't very helpful sometimes, for example, if i have a question, they, most of the time, don't have an answer. Also, they will not let you carry a bookbag. Which in my book, that's pretty crappy when you have to carry lots of HEAVY books. They also award the people who come to school everyday more often than they do to the people thay made all A's. I think they deserve at least something besides a 'good job!' over the intercome. But other than that , it's a great school. :)

East Coweta Middle School 3

Posted September 02, 2009
I really don't care for this school at all. I left a voicemail for the assistant principal one day last year and the call wasn't returned. Another call was also ignored. My child didn't have a very good 6th grade year, though the new band director was great, many of her other teachers were not. 7th Grade is going better but we are hoping to move to another district soon.

East Coweta Middle School 5

Posted May 09, 2008
The faculty, staff and administration truly give their all to the students and community of ECMS. What a great place to raise kids!

Posted March 27, 2008
I'm a parent of a child attending ECMS. I have no complaints with the teachers. But I do have a problem with the lack of respect that teachers are shown, not just by the kids, but some parents. If teachers cannot ENFORCE discipline in the school and have it 'stick', the battle is lost before it's even begun.

Posted March 23, 2008
it stinks we cant talk in the hallway if we do we get are lockers took away and some kids half back problems and i know one kid who had a broken back at the beging of the schhol but i understand its are problem if we get in trouble but its not fair, good, or safe

Posted October 02, 2007
I attended ECMS about two years ago and I believe that it is an awesome school. I attend a college prep boarding school currently and if it weren't for EC I would be struggling so much. I am already almost finish with my high school career early, and I plan to graduate honors.

East Coweta Middle School 3

Posted March 20, 2007
This school has always had a majority of staff that really care for students. The Population determines the level of performance in testing. This is a rural--slowly changing to suburban community. There is low parental involvement in this school. There is a higher population of low-income families attending this school which can affect attitude on achievements as a student. There are great teachers working with students on band, chorus, art, and technology. In addition, the football team has always ranked high in its performance each year. Unfortunately, Sports is more important to the county in general, so residents of Coweta County are waiting for this attitude to change as the county grows.

Posted January 07, 2006
I am a student at this school and I enjoy attending it. My only complaint is that parents are not readily involved and should be more involved with their child's school.

6291 Hwy 16, Senoia, GA  30276
Last modified East Coweta Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.