Bad
Good

I have 3 children who have attended this school from 2009 to now. My oldest child has attended from pre-k to 5th grade. I also have 4th grader and 1st grader. The administration is excellent and deals with any issue that comes up well. There have been bumps with certain teachers, but overall any concerns have been addressed quickly. Any issues with bullying or mean kids have been handled well. I have been very pleased with the school. My kids have been happy and have been quite successful. The staff is loving. There is an open door atmosphere. Communication has been excellent. I have looked into private schools and charter schools. We are happy with TCE and all they have done for our kids. The only downside is the school counselor. If she were replaced, it would be a great thing.

Great school! We love the open door atmosphere! We love the parent involvement! Please keep loving and teaching the students as you do!

OVERALL GREAT SCHOOL My son started in the second half of the 3rd grade. He was a bit of a hand-full. The first thing I did was talk to the school counselor Dr. Susan Schmidt and addressed my concerns and she was wonderful!!! The 3rd grade teacher was a little combative and overall unhelpful and I feel singled out my son and was very quick to want me to put him on ADD medication without herself being educated on ADD medications (so I educated her a little), but did care very much about most of the other students. His 4th grade teacher was a little too much like a drill instructor that held a grudge and is no longer a fourth grade teacher. 5th grade teacher has been wonderful I couldn't ask for a better teacher. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Simmons He really cares about all of the children and he personally helped my son become a better person. Also addressed the problems with the teachers. Sometime before I said anything to him. I would love to nominate him for Principal of The Year if I can find out how. Mrs. Tangie at the front office is on top of everything I feel like the kids are safer with her in the front she cares deeply about the students and parents both!!!!

The first year my son attended here was in pre-k. We had a wonderful experience and were excited to enroll him the following year. He was given a teacher that was very rude, uncaring, impatient, and often times punished the children with food or drink. She was a terrible teacher. I spoke with the principal about the situation and asked to have my son removed from her class. He refused. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone as the issues I had with the teacher were not addressed correctly by the principal and he seemed as uncaring as the teacher herself. The ladies in the front office are also very rude.

This is a great school! You will know everyone from the front office to the custodians. You will get out of the school what you put in. Dr. Simmons really sets the atmosphere as you see him greeting the children every morning at car rider line. The staff very much invites parent involvement. We have been here many years and had several children here. No school is perfect, but we have had a wonderful experience here.

My child has had 3 teachers that were uncaring, rude & obviously lacked the skills to teach children with love. These teachers would choose favorites & treat the other kids as unequals.(This could have major effect on the emotional growth of a child) I feel all teachers should be submitted to a parent & mental evaluation each year.

My children have been attending TCE since Pre-k and they're now in 2nd and 4th grade. This school has EXCELLENT teachers and staff and everyone goes above and beyond. The custodians work very hard and it shows. The technology is great and I'm thrilled with the smaller class sizes. The motto at TCE is "TEAM" - Together Everyone Achieves More! Great parent involvement at school functions and fundraisers help make it possible.

My child came to TCE from WOE during the middle of the year in 2nd grade. I find there to be a HUGE difference in everything from the "cleanliness" of the school to the desire for my child to excel in his classroom. Honestly, TCE needs a major overhaul. And I find the teachers very lacking when notes are sent home and the TEACHERS grammer and punctuation is worse than my child!

I have worked with the teachers and administration at Thomas Crossroads Elementary for 15 years. I have two grandchildren going to this school. I can say that there is no school on this good earth that can give every child everything they need, just as parents cannot , but I can say without question that 95% of the teachers and everyone else down to the custodians are dedicated professionals who give above what is expected. They love their work and continue to strive to do the best job possible for the benefit of the children that they truely care about.

My child began at TCE this year and has had nothing but problems. My child has lost the desire to learn and is coming home upset because they feel like their teacher has singled them out and is constantly picking on them. I am told my child has issues with following directions; however, I believe there is a serious patience issue with the teacher and a personality conflict between the teacher and my child. I do not believe that the school has done everything they can to help my child succeed and I feel that my child has been 'left behind'. I hope to move my child from this poor situation as quickly as possible and look forward to seeing them happy again and eager to learn.

Last modified Thomas Crossroads Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5