PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teaching styles need much improvement along with the curriculum. More professional development is needed. Teachers need to be state certified. Very few if any of the teachers are certified. The students need a broader perspective of their education and I feel the teachers are incapable of teaching this. They have used the same curriculum for 20 years and the teachers are comfortable with, so there is no reason to further develop themselves.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Entirely too much homework. Much of it irrelevent and time consuming. It is a shame you have to chose whether you should put your child in an after school activity because of the homework load.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The dishonesty begins when you take your tour. You are told such wonderful things about the school and then when you enroll things are very different. How can you teach the meaning of these words when the teachers do not follow them

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are caring, sincere, and great examples. They push their students, but do not leave them in the learning process. They want their students to succeed, which is displayed in the classroom, as well as throughout the school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are challenged, but not over worked. CCS focuses on development of the whole child.

Develops character: Strongly agree

CCS teaches students everything through a Biblical worldview and how that can be applied to their everyday life. They teach the importance behind honesty, integrity and fairness so that students develop an understanding of these things.

Covenant Christian School is a unique and wonderful experience to the metro Atlanta community. I attended CCS back in grade school. I enjoyed the fun ways to learn when I was younger and how hands on everything was along with the structure. Shurley Grammar is something that I remember most and even use today when working with my students because it probes them with questions that they are able to answer. This structure was something that was seen in all aspects of my schooling there. I also liked how my Bible, history and literature all coincided so that I could see the history through novel and apply the facts I learned in history to better understand the novel. Science, History, Literature, Bible were all put on display so that I was able to be proud of all the work I put in. From acting out scenes of Gilgamesh, to dressing up and giving a presentation of my huge history paper at the History Fair, to the speech meet, to presenting in Chapel, there were so many opportunities for me to enjoy learning and taking pride in what I was learning. The classical nature enabled me to grow from memorization, to logically figuring and arguing to applying. I loved my school and I will brag about CCS for the rest of my life. It is the only school of its kind, and I wish that everyone could have the chance to go there. After years of working in schools, I can honestly say that the leaders and teachers of this school are full of love for God, all students, each other and the school mission. I have been more than blessed by CCS than anything else in my life. If you want your students to learn about the love of the Lord, develop a love of learning, and be cared for and loved by wonderful followers of Christ, Covenant Christian School will be the biggest blessing to you too.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The quality of the teaching staff at CCS is second to none. I have always found them approachable, personable, and truly caring of my children. They all take their jobs very seriously and do an amazing job pushing the kids at the right level to advance them without frustrating them.

Amount of homework: Agree

My children don't spend all night doing homework, yet have enough that we can sit with them and walk them through anything they are having trouble with.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through biblical teachings, CCS doesn't just develop, but nurtures and requires honesty, integrity and fairness in their student body. This is more easily managed with the smaller class sizes and the personal attention paid to each student.

Last modified Covenant Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8